Squad 2024/25

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Blair - 31 goals in 90 ? Not that impressive strike rate , not as good as Ash over last two seasons. Why has he dropped down a level then ?
Who is saying Palmer is going to be first choice centre back
Believe in the manager and at least watch a few games before moaning, there's enough to be depressed about at the moment with England without your posts !
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Same strike rate as Ash and Seymour. I imagine he’s moved to maidstone for travelling reasons, as per a lot of London based players who stay in regional football.
The gulls are going up
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Maybe these signings seem "underwhelming" but surely we are signing players that are hungry ambitious and probably most important WITHIN BUDGET !!!
Of course I want promotion but financial stability is what we have to have . The consortium have not got a bottomless pit of money , a lottery winner funding it all. With what has been going on I am just so relieved that we still have a club at all !!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It was the chairman who said we had the biggest budget in the league, not me. We are a local team for local people.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

Might be a local team for local people but we have signed an Albanian and an Irishman !!!

We might have one of the biggest budgets for NLS but that doesn't mean that we will can afford NL or EFL players. Maybe Uncle Neil has some loanee surprises in store for us :lol:
General Falisimo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by General Falisimo »

I think it can be said that the players we have signed have not really set the heart racing for some. There is one player who I think will come good for us, but I was wrong once before.

With Jon now in charge of the war-chest (purse?) I think things will remain somewhat slow for the moment; i.e. he's doing it correctly. I wonder if Jon has actually cracked a smile since getting the job?

The person that I'm relying on is Warnock. A phone-call to the right club and I'm thinking (maybe more like hoping) a couple of loanees coming in that will put a smile on our faces.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

As important as the pedigree of the players is how they are stage managed by the manager. I think most of the players that have been signed have the ability to get us out of the division, provided they are assembled and instructed correctly.

Look at Southgate now. He's got talent on the team sheet but for now at least can't make a cohesive team to match the talent.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

If Wotton has recruited round pegs to fit round holes he is already light years ahead of the last incumbent.
Gull in black
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

Looks to me like we’re building a team of (mostly) young, fit, eager, competitive players - the kind of team that beat us last season even though we thought we had better players.
As with most teams in this league a few quality loan players will make all the difference.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

Can’t believe some people are moaning about the signings so far. We got outplayed game after game last season by teams full of players we’d never heard of. We wanted a younger manager with ambition and fresh ideas and we got one. Some people are never happy
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by AdrianC »

What were we promised before, marquee signings, we k ow where that went! As one poster mentioned a while in from the marquee signings, “more like a boy scout’s tent!”

For me, PW knows what he wants and how he wants to set up. May be we don’t have a 30 in 40 striker, but what if they all manage 15 each, a couple of midfielders 10 each, we would be on our way.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Wotton is bringing in players that know NLS, he’s also bringing in players he knows, added to that players that are playing and have played for us. He has also added young players hopefully with the energy required. From the above, some will work and some won’t, thats football.

As I have stated previously, if this season is a building one and mid table, so be it, people seemingly wanting L1/L2 players, ridiculous. Promotion would be great, but last year we expected to be Champions. We are right at the start of putting a new team together with new owners and a new manager, so patience.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Who expected to be champions? There's nothing wrong with wanting to be or setting that as a target but who expects it?
The club have said across several platforms the aim is promotion. So it bloody well should be. Do I expect it or demand it? No! Do I want it? Yes!
The manager is building a side with players who know the level and players he trusts to provide a decent crack at promotion, I'm more than happy with that. Will they all cut it in the National League if we did achieve promotion? Some will and some won't but right now the NLS is where we're at and realistically signings to date are for the level we're at. I'm looking forward to a great season, if we don't get promoted I'll be happy as long as we're seen to be trying.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Will Palmer be part-time? He’s got a barbers in Totnes hasn’t he?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Admiral wrote: 23 Jun 2024, 18:51 Will Palmer be part-time? He’s got a barbers in Totnes hasn’t he?
Not too bothered whether he is or not considering how many part time teams turned us over last season.