Looking forward to next season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Looking forward to next season

Post by Parry »

There's alot to look forward to next season. Not going up was second best, but what a second best it is! Like most of us I wanted us to win today but I was always conscious that not winning was far from a disaster. It was a win/win situation for me. It will probably be better for us financially (although I'd be saying differently had we won). I can't wait for the game at home park next season. Come on you yellows!
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Yeah next season will be a ball. No players left, the remaining ones getting hammered evry week v Argyle etc in a certain relegation dogfight and visiting more of the same shit grounds. Can't **** wait.
northharrowgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northharrowgull »

Andygull Took the words from my mouth. We're stuffed!
chafford100gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: kevin nicholson

Post by chafford100gull »

Come on chaps.try and be a bit positive.we expected nothing this year, but if we dont lose too many players and maybe discover a couple of gems for next season then there is no reason to believe we cant follow this up..who's to say the teams coming down are gonna do anything.they will all lose some of their better players and it will take time for them to adjust.just because they get half decent crowds or are so called "bigger clubs" means nothing.look at bradford or ac northampton.what did they do this year?.hmmm let me think..oh yeah s*d all...i'm disappointed as much as anyone about today ,but i cant wait for next august.with or without buckle...COYY
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by andygull »

Its not just the teams coming down, Dagenham aside, the other three are gonna be expecting a return to league 1. Crawley are gonna spend and will be up there and Wimbledon could be up there too. Add to that Bradford who are expecting better, Rotherham who will expect promotion, Port Vale with Micky Adams back, Shrewsbury, Oxford who will be expecting better, Gillingham and also there are always dark horses maybe Crewe. Basically in a nutshell we are ****. There are 12 large clubs at least and we have to finish ahead of half of them. I can't wait for august but there is no reason at all to be positive.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

andygull wrote:Its not just the teams coming down, Dagenham aside, the other three are gonna be expecting a return to league 1. Crawley are gonna spend and will be up there and Wimbledon could be up there too. Add to that Bradford who are expecting better, Rotherham who will expect promotion, Port Vale with Micky Adams back, Shrewsbury, Oxford who will be expecting better, Gillingham and also there are always dark horses maybe Crewe. Basically in a nutshell we are ****. There are 12 large clubs at least and we have to finish ahead of half of them. I can't wait for august but there is no reason at all to be positive.
I completley disagree with this. Rochdale spent 2/3 genrations in this league. Next season isn't a bad season to finish mid table. We are a league 2 club lets be honest and league 2 next season is the best league 2 to be in for years. lets embrace it.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by andygull »

Rochdale had the services of Dagnall and other solid quality players that played together as a cohesive unit like Keith Hill wanted. We do that under Buckle now. Next season we will not have Buckle nor half the current playing personnel so how are we expected to achieve anything when our impetus and togetherness has been completely destroyed?
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

How are we going to cope? everything is in the mix isn't it? Who knows who our next manager will be and who our starting 11 will be come september. All I know is the coming season promises twists, turns and a bag full of drama just like every season recently.
Last edited by Parry on 28 May 2011, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Parry wrote:How are we going to cope? everything is in the mix isn't it? Who knows who ar enext manager will be andd who our starting 11 will be come september. All I know is the coming season promises twists, turns and a bag full of drama just like every season recently.
wake up and smell the coffee mate.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

What's wrong with what Parry said?

Nothing in the post you quoted from him that would surprise me..................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by andygull »

Parry wrote:How are we going to cope? everything is in the mix isn't it? Who knows who our next manager will be and who our starting 11 will be come september. All I know is the coming season promises twists, turns and a bag full of drama just like every season recently.
Spot on mate. We don't know who our new manager will be, nor our new players and expecting them to gel straight away as well as being of the quality of the other teams around us with bigger budgets is nigh on impossible. If we were to finish top 10 next season then i would go as far as to say it surpasses what Bucks has done. It will be a season of transformation and instability and if we can stay up then thats all we can ask.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:What's wrong with what Parry said?

Nothing in the post you quoted from him that would surprise me..................

so you are telling me from what both you and I know that we wont be struggling next season then?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Parry never said we won't struggle. read the post you quoted, spot on if you ask me.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:Parry never said we won't struggle. read the post you quoted, spot on if you ask me.
fair enough. its a fair post and ive got that wrong.

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Threads like this naff me off. The teams around us are in L2 for a reason. Bradford are hopeless, so are Crawley, Wimbledon, do me a favour. Rotherham are a 1 man band and he will be off in the summer. Brizzle Rovers are up to their eyeballs in debt, Plymouth will be dead by Christmas. Who does that leave? Port vale who change their manager twice a week and Northampton who couldn't beat our under 11s without buying the referee a three bed semi in Droitwich.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"