Looking forward to next season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Everyone in league 2 is shit everyone so we will be champions. Hurrah. maybe if we had slightly more of a transfer kitty than whats in my 2 year olds money box then we may have a chance mate.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote:Threads like this f**k me off. The teams around us are in L2 for a reason. Bradford are sh*t, so are Crawley, Wimbledon, do me a favour. Rotherham are a 1 man band and he will be off in the summer. Brizzle Rovers are up to their eyeballs in debt, Plymouth will be dead by Christmas. Who does that leave? Port vale who change their manager twice a week and **** Northampton who couldn't beat our under 11s without buying the referee a three bed semi in Droitwich.

Matt.
=D

how was today for you matt??
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

ferrarilover wrote:Threads like this f**k me off. The teams around us are in L2 for a reason. Bradford are sh*t, so are Crawley, Wimbledon, do me a favour. Rotherham are a 1 man band and he will be off in the summer. Brizzle Rovers are up to their eyeballs in debt, Plymouth will be dead by Christmas. Who does that leave? Port vale who change their manager twice a week and **** Northampton who couldn't beat our under 11s without buying the referee a three bed semi in Droitwich.

Matt.
I can't get my head around the point you're making. Bradford are cack, Crawley are cack, Rotherham are cack, Wimbledon plymouth are crack, Brovers are cack, and so are vale and northampton but that's somehow bad for us?!?
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I may not be in the "know" of what other people know. But im for one who is excited about the new season with a massive few weeks ahead.
We may not do aswell next season but noone said we could this season and we got to the final. Who knows?
Buckle may be going, we dont know which players are staying or going.
If we can keep most of our squad and add to it with the right players with a new manager or not, i reckon were be top table again.

But talking to people things will be clear by monday regarding players. Other teams may have money and stuff but doesnt mean they will do better?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

tufcbrett wrote:I may not be in the "know" of what other people know. But im for one who is excited about the new season with a massive few weeks ahead.
We may not do aswell next season but noone said we could this season and we got to the final. Who knows?
Buckle may be going, we dont know which players are staying or going.
If we can keep most of our squad and add to it with the right players with a new manager or not, i reckon were be top table again.

But talking to people things will be clear by monday regarding players. Other teams may have money and stuff but doesnt mean they will do better?
well brett, the overachievement this season has spoiled us thats for sure.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: well brett, the overachievement this season has spoiled us thats for sure.....
I can see your point, but if we can keep most the squad and get any of the loan players in on a free thats a good base to start with or am i wrong?
Were a small club and should be proud how far we got this season.
We could do better we prob wont, but its not all doom and gloom because our manager could be leaving and we lost a final?
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

There is more than likely trouble behind the scenes, but I swear we get this every season? We had it 1st and 2nd season in the conference, and I can remember it being muttered around last season. Fact is, we've got to keep turning up and supporting the team, and everyone in the club will do their bit to get us achieving to our potential.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

tufcbrett wrote: I can see your point, but if we can keep most the squad and get any of the loan players in on a free thats a good base to start with or am i wrong?
Were a small club and should be proud how far we got this season.
We could do better we prob wont, but its not all doom and gloom because our manager could be leaving and we lost a final?

if we can then yes.

and we are still in the league!

and thats what counts.

TUST Member 468

Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

If you all think its going to be a mad exodus then the fact that they are all on contract means we will get money for them and exactly what clubs want all our players and maybe they don't want to leave anyway !!

DONT PANIC Capt Mainwaring !!
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

I think the problem with getting money for players is that many of us worry that we'll lose are talent for a pittance - we don't have a history of getting great fees for players (to put it mildly).

We tend to treat it like a buyers market, when it really really isn't.
citizengull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by citizengull »

Whats the betting we get Crawley 1st game next season.
chafford100gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: kevin nicholson

Post by chafford100gull »

I'm also not saying that we won't struggle next year but i'm pretty sure that most of us would have thought that teams like rotherham,port vale,ac northampton,bradford and the like would have finished way above us this season.the truth is THEY DIDN'T.so who knows what team we'll have out or what manager we'll have at the helm.all i know is come july (or whenever the fixtures come out) i will be chomping at the bit for the new season to start.the bookies have us at 14-1 to win the league so lets try to look forward rather than dread the new season....put it this way,i think we'll win more games in league 2 than we would have done in league 1 next season..COYY
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by andygull »

My point is that although we finished ahead of the bigger teams this season, come next season they will be able to add a few more quality players at this level to already competent squads. They will be expected to improve. Us on the other hand will lose our manager, a core nucleus of players and a playing style nurtured by buckle for the last 3 -4 years YET some people on this thread believe a new man will come in, sign great free agents / loanees and implement his own stamp on the team within the blink of an eye and we will be up there competing!! Like i said before, if this scenario actually happens, and i,m not saying its impossible, then the manager concerned will have done a better job than paul buckle.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

andygull wrote:Yeah next season will be a ball. No players left, the remaining ones getting hammered evry week v Argyle etc in a certain relegation dogfight and visiting more of the same sh*t grounds. Can't **** wait.
This was the 'promised land' two years ago. Are we really a League 1 club? We just wern't good enough. And why no players left? We've got some very promising young talent at TUFC, the negativity on here is doing my head in.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by andygull »

Did you see the bench yesterday? Danny Stevens who shouldn't even be anywhere near a football league club, Halpin who everyone keeps saying what a great prospect he is but he never plays and not much else mate. We have a few younger players in the team like O'Kane etc but there ain't a cat in hells chance of him being here next season. If we have youngsters that are great then lets start integrating them into the first team by giving them opportunites regularly. If not then i may as well sit on the bloody subs bench and read the matchday programme or something!!