NO 2 PAUL TROLLOPE

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
LeroyTUFC2011
New Signing
New Signing

NO 2 PAUL TROLLOPE

Post by LeroyTUFC2011 »

It scares me to see Paul Trollope near the Top of the New Managers Poll. I think with Paul it's you either hate him or love him and quite frankly he would take us to the fifth tier of English Football. He is defiantly bad news if you look at his history at clubs. Does anyone agree?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

No
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

I take it you want Leroy Rosenior?!
LeroyTUFC2011
New Signing
New Signing

Post by LeroyTUFC2011 »

Of course, its the right time for the club to take someone on who really want's to stop the rot, keep hold of our players and get us promotion next season. Leroy offers us the passion to do this and he would sign on the dotted line asap.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

He's got a good record though, you can't take that away from him. Even last season, Rovers weren't doing 'that' badly when he was sacked, and many of the players thought it was way too soon for him to go.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Leroy wants his team to play football - and we have a squad of players set up to do that. Trollope is evidently somewhat more 'direct'. We'd need to build a new squad if PT gets the job. Eunan would be completely wasted under him.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

i agree to the extent that leroy is more suited to the squad available and would work extremely well with eunan, time to say bye bye to stanners robinson tomlin probably oastler and branston i think.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

'stop the rot'...sounds like we've just been relegated?!

Paul is my first choice.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fonda wrote:Leroy wants his team to play football - and we have a squad of players set up to do that. Trollope is evidently somewhat more 'direct'. We'd need to build a new squad if PT gets the job. Eunan would be completely wasted under him.

No we don't, I'm afraid.

Make no mistake we'll be under the cosh next season. None of the loanees will be here, Eunan will be gone, does that leave us with those you're referring to? We'll be better off being more direct as a team near the lower reaches than one near the bottom playing open flowing football, IMHO.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Bristol Rovers were doing fine under Trollope.....................then Lennie Lawrence left.

Living up here, I spend a lot of time browsing both Bristol forums and the Rovers fans were not happy when LL left because suddenly PT was exposed and it showed as they slipped down the table. They brought Dave penny in but he tried to do too much too soon and was released. Finally it was one of their own players that managed the team for the final part of the season.

Employing PT, I fear, could be a huge mistake as he does like to play a direct style. Somebody else has already commented that Eunan would be unemployed if we adopt that brand of football.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

O'Kane won't be here anyway. Rosenior had success with a squad he inherited and basically that was it. His record of signimng players was awful. It isn't going to happen.
GasheadWes
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: N/A

Post by GasheadWes »

LeroyTUFC2011 wrote:It scares me to see Paul Trollope near the Top of the New Managers Poll. I think with Paul it's you either hate him or love him and quite frankly he would take us to the fifth tier of English Football. He is defiantly bad news if you look at his history at clubs. Does anyone agree?
Sorry mate but you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Trolls has only had one management job and he has a L2 promotion to his name, a JPT Trophy final appearance and he also led us to the quarter final of the FA Cup.

If that makes you think he will get you relegated then you are sadly mistaken.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

GasheadWes wrote: Sorry mate but you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Trolls has only had one management job and he has a L2 promotion to his name, a JPT Trophy final appearance and he also led us to the quarter final of the FA Cup.

All true Wes.

I must admit, a bit like most Gasheads it seems, I cant make my own mind up about Paul Trollope!

On the one hand he is seen as a progressive young Manager and a very good coach, who achieved promotion from L2, followed up by two top ten finishes in L1 and was then unluckily sacked after just 19 games (only 8 of those at home mind) when they found themselves in the bottom four (but only on goal difference) - a position from which they never recovered.

Whilst on the other hand he is also seen by many to have been unable to cope once Lennie Lawrence moved on and the football he promoted appears to be rather dour/negative? There are also question marks I believe about his man management?

Personally given the names of some of the candidates put forward so far I wouldn't be disappointed if PT was given the job - perhaps he may even be allowed to bring Stuart Campbell (caretaker Manager once Dave Penney was sacked) with him as well? I also think that he could prove to be a good quick fix appointment in that surely there must be a reasonable chance that he would bring at least some of the 17 (?) players released by BRFC with him - some of whom are established L1 players and could surely do a job for us.

If PT was successful it would certainly add some spice (not that it would be needed now anyway) to the two fixtures between the two clubs next season that's for sure!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

GasheadWes wrote: Sorry mate but you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Seriously, if your board reacted 'hastily' in getting rid of him, it was a reaction to something. And from what i've seen elsewhere, that something was that many of the fans didn't rate him. I've yet to see a comment from any Rovers fan regretting that he got the boot.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Fonda wrote:
Seriously, if your board reacted 'hastily' in getting rid of him, it was a reaction to something. And from what i've seen elsewhere, that something was that many of the fans didn't rate him. I've yet to see a comment from any Rovers fan regretting that he got the boot.
A fair point, but lets look at the whole picture and see where he got sacked from: L1 at a club who's board expect them to be challenging for the play-offs, i imagine.

What we're looking at is whether he can do a good job here, and I'm not sure that Trollope being sacked by Rovers negated the positives he has in his favour (the previously mentioned promotion and 11th placed L1 finish).