Who will Buckle take with him?

General chat about anything else goes here.
smithy86
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branno

Who will Buckle take with him?

Post by smithy86 »

Can see him wanting Branno and Zebs obv O'Kane but think he'll be moving on too bigger things, also signing Stanley and Robinson who seemed set too sign for us, anyone else?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Stanley and Branno are the obvious targets, as they're out of contract. Any of the other loanee's too, and i include Oastler in that who hasn't yet signed a deal with us i believe? Of our contracted players, i think only Zebs and O'Kane will interest him, and he'd probably get them on the cheap. I expect one of our board members would hire a mini-bus and drive them all up there if that is what Bucks requests. If he has any class he'll leave our squad alone. Oh...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

One or two of the Board probably would, not all of them though ................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Fonda wrote:Stanley and Branno are the obvious targets, as they're out of contract. Any of the other loanee's too, and i include Oastler in that who hasn't yet signed a deal with us i believe? Of our contracted players, i think only Zebs and O'Kane will interest him, and he'd probably get them on the cheap. I expect one of our board members would hire a mini-bus and drive them all up there if that is what Bucks requests. If he has any class he'll leave our squad alone. Oh...

made i larf! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Mini-bus? Our board would probably hire them individual taxi's and pay for their accommodation for the year.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

He's welcome to Branston (feel we had the best of him), Stanley (quick brain but a bit of a carthorse imho) and Robinson (any player who can't use his left foot has no respect from me) and although Zebs had his best season I don't think he has the best football brain (particularly under pressure). I would hope we hold on to all the youngsters in/around our first team, Torquays future, Rowe-Turner, Ellis, Lathrope, Oastler, O'Kane, Macklin, Halpin, Kee and Yeoman. I hope Bevan signs a new contract, we sign a Colossus at centre-back and centre-forward and a quick left-winger.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Stanley is the one i'd be most disaapointed to miss out on. Agree with your assessment of Branno, but think to describe CS as a 'carthorse' is very unfair and wildly innaccurate. We were a different team when he was in our midfield. Can't remember the last time any player made such an impact.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

If we had had Stanley in midfield on Saturday instead of Lathrope - then I am more than sure he would not of let the Stevenage fella run past him unchallenged for a free shot on goal. A costly mistake from Damien that.

Stanley is a key signing for us and miles better than what we currently have if in that position (not including O'Kane).
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Stanley has strength in midfield, which none of the others had, he was sorely missed against Stevenage. Him and Lathrope have a nice sold base to it, and alows the forward players to flourish.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I am so sorry that this has all turned out to be true. When I broke this news I was hoping it was all a rumour with some other reason for all the fuss but at the back of my mind was the source.I thought Rovers had more honour than that. despite how they dumper on me years ago.
Now more to worry about as he has also taken Shaun North and John Milton with him so not just a new manager needed but new coach. and new Chief scout. From all accounts he was a great source of talent. Something we should have had for years. will we find a good talent scout with trollope or whoever is in charge. my loyalties used to be split as some form of Glue stuck me to Rovers. Hmm I cant see that being the case now. Once a gull always a gull and no other team now. One small ray has shone out of this admitidly tiny. I have nailed my colours to one mast not two
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

I have to admit, that was a little harsh, but not wildly inaccurate as he is very slow. He can pick out a pass brilliantly, granted, but at this level the engine is so important. I have a lot of hope in Lathrope and Oastler to be strong central midfielders with O'kane providing the service.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Stanley is nowhere near a carthorse! Great player.

Think Buckle will take Branston, Stanley, and may well go for Tomlin from Daggers. Reckon he wont have the funds to prise away Zebs or Okane.

Hes welcome to Robinson who is a poor player and a one trick pony. Reckon he will get Benyon back too somehow?

Milton is by far the biggest loss whatever happens this summer. Irreplacable imo.

Robinson is far from a poor player and I for one would love to see him in a Torquay shirt next season. Suspect he will be in blue and white though. Agere with you about Milton and Stanley but not Benyon - never felt Bucks was Benyon's biggest fan really.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Think you will actually find that North and especially Milton are not as good as you might think they are. Luckily O'Kane and Zebroski are contracted to us so someone is going to have to pay if they want them.
Tomlin will be a huge loss for us and Branston will go - but at 32 he is not going to get any better. Don't get me wrong he has been massive for us but he is not one to take much criticism especially if the Rovers fans start getting on his back. Robinson imo is no great loss.
Buckle has shown that if he gets into a run of losing games he finds it difficult to redress the balance. He has been under absolutely no pressure here whatsoever and trots out the "no money" line about seventeen times every week.
Its got the recipe to all go wrong very,very quickly.
If he doesn't get a good start next season he could find a very big firework going off right up his jacksy.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Fonda wrote:Stanley is the one i'd be most disaapointed to miss out on. Agree with your assessment of Branno, but think to describe CS as a 'carthorse' is very unfair and wildly innaccurate. We were a different team when he was in our midfield. Can't remember the last time any player made such an impact.
Alex Russell possibly?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

AlexGulls wrote: Alex Russell possibly?
Yep, probably.

Get Aggy back in a player/coach role (with Rioch), and we could have them both in the same team.