Who will Buckle take with him?

General chat about anything else goes here.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Cant believe some of you would not want Robinson....great pace ..runs at defenders and does score goals...

Brannston is a rock at defense and still has got 2-3 years left in him....would want the new manager to get him signed up quick along with Craig Stanley who partners 'O' Kane brilliantly.....
Need to sort out Scott Bevan too...and maybe get Pokey as back-up goalie...

Need to sort this out sooner rather than later hopefully...
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

If Poke came back he'd surely not be back-up to Bevan? The other way round for me.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

We can't afford Poke. Rovers (I expect) can and will though
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Kingsgull I'm not particularly fussed about Robinson either he is far too inconsistent for my liking and before the games against Shrewsbury had gone very quiet. Also when was the last time he scored for us?
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Robinson is very easy to defend against, didn't score in his last 12 matches for us and might as well have a roller skate on his left foot.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

monkeyboy wrote:Robinson is very easy to defend against, didn't score in his last 12 matches for us and might as well have a roller skate on his left foot.
Maybe if our manager had varied the tactics occasionally (rather than only ever having a Plan A), Robinson would have been able to carry on his good form once the scouts had identified how to stop him?

That could have been dropping him for a game. Or, you know, playing him upfront for a game.

That was silly of me to say that... Buckle playing someone in their usual position? Madness.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Richinns wrote:We can't afford Poke. Rovers (I expect) can and will though
Pretty sure Poke will stay where he is. He's signed a new contract. Odd, because I, like many, thought he'd be leaving as Poyet didn't seem to rate him at all. Would love to see him back but pleased for him that he's a Championship keeper.

Link: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 16,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Happy to be picking up decent wages with no real chance of playing. Shame.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Showing a player onto his wrong-foot applies wherever that player plays. It is a pitfall of the player technically, and a reason why he won't get above the level he is at now.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fonda wrote:Happy to be picking up decent wages with no real chance of playing. Shame.

I would rather that than see him playing for Rovers against us.....................although there's nothing to stop a loan deal I guess :@
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

What about a loan deal to us...or is that wishful thinking?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Good thinking I'd say.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
GullsFan
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by GullsFan »

As long as we get a reasonable amount for O'kane and Zebs, if they leave that is. I don't care, I would like to see stanley sign for us and Not B-R. Robinson is another Jake Thomson, 1 footed and a 1 trick pony, not interested in him.

I feel next season could be great, or a disaster, I mean if we can strengthen the side with a RB, and If O'kane goes maybe sign Lee frecklington, Re-sign branno for 1 more year, and we could still have a real chance of Promotion, maybe not automatic, but playoffs again. However, on the contrary If we don't sign Branno on a 1 year contract, we don't replace Zebs or O'Kane if they sell them, we will become lightweight in most areas, a will probably slip down the table.

Who we get for a manager will also play a big part in next season, only time will tell I guess.
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Branno has made it clear in the run-up to the play-off final that he is, and I quote 'Not looking for a 1 year deal'. He has proved himself to the club this year and this is further illustrated by his awards. I agree with him entirely, he is worth more than that. If we want him, make it worth his while being here - he is like a rock and rarely stays down injured and has (according to the stats) made 45 appearances for us. What, I ask, are we waiting for. If we wait to long in the search for a manager, we may miss our chance - he is keen to secure his future and he has said he loves the club. I am out of boxes to tick on my list. If I had the money, I'd pay his salary myself!
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I'm less convinced. What as he done that indicates he 'loves the club'? We pay his wages, so he's going to 'love us' to a degree - but no more than the rest of them. We've had players, centre halfs in particular, who have rapidly declined when what little pace they had disappeared (Craig Taylor comes to mind). With Robertson, Ellis and hopefully Oastler in the squad i don't see the need to offer him anymore than a year - it would stifle the progression of others and there are no guarantee's he'll be worthy of selection in 12 months time. We're not in a position to be handing 2-year deals to any players - unless they are of an age and potential that it doesn't represent a risk.