Players looking for a club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Because Benyon doesn't have any?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Some bloke called Guy Branston on that list...he might be worth a look?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Fonda wrote:Because Benyon doesn't have any?
I wondered how long it would take Mrs Benyon to raise her head above the parapet. :rofl:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote: I wondered how long it would take Mrs Benyon to raise her head above the parapet. :rofl:

Matt.

Matt - I don't know if it is intended but sometimes you come across as totally disrespectful and ignorant of others. There is no need for personal attacks - especially as none came your way for the potential loss of the Ross Hannah signing because of your actions.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Rich - firstly, did it not? Secondly, I wish I had that kind of influence. Thirdly, Shane cops a load of abuse from Dave about his love of Benners. On occassion, I join in, he is a big boy and more than capable of defending himself against what is so clearly, a joke, hence I included the laughing smilie.

Matt.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:Rich - firstly, did it not? Secondly, I wish I had that kind of influence. Thirdly, Shane cops a load of abuse from Dave about his love of Benners. On occassion, I join in, he is a big boy and more than capable of defending himself against what is so clearly, a joke, hence I included the laughing smilie.

Matt.

Matt - I am not so sure it does read as a joke and putting a simile face at the end of an offensive comment does not make this alright. I am not fighting Shane's corner here - as you say he is perfectly capable of this himself, I am reacting to a comment which I found offensive which therefore angered me slightly. Therefore I am reacting on my behalf.

SG and Fonda's banter clearly shows they disagree but it never oversteps the mark to a level which might be regarded as personal. I felt your comment (and there has been many other occasions I have felt this in the past) did.

The Ross Hannah situation clearly influenced the outcome of that transfer - to the point when the club had to make an announcement regarding this. I was very embarrassing. That said - you clearly meant no harm by your actions and were merely excited about the prospect of him signing so although fault may lie at your door - I don't think you can attach blame.

I know you have a certain 'wit' in your posts which often I enjoy - I just think sometimes you might need to consider others more carefully before hitting the submit button.
TUST member 328
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Richinns wrote: Matt - I don't know if it is intended but sometimes you come across as totally disrespectful and ignorant of others. There is no need for personal attacks - especially as none came your way for the potential loss of the Ross Hannah signing because of your actions.
Im sure Matt will fight his own corner but thats a load of codswallop. We wouldnt meet the valuation that was placed on Hannah. It had bugger all to do with Matt, or Soton Dave for that matter...
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Cheers for your intervention Rich. I think you make a fair point that Matt s sense of humour can take some getting used to, and someone not used to it could take offence. Personally, I don t take offence at being referred to as Mrs Benyon , but I do take continued offence at a player who did a very good job for us being ridiculed by those who evidently don t appreciate his qualities. Let s not let this degenerate into personal arguments though – it s just banter and football disagreement at the end of the day.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

[/quote] Im sure Matt will fight his own corner but thats a load of codswallop. We wouldnt meet the valuation that was placed on Hannah. It had bugger all to do with Matt, or Soton Dave for that matter...[/quote]

Fletch - I think you will find the valuation goalposts moved once 'we' went public on the clubs offcial website (via their forum on this site).
TUST member 328
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Well said Shane.

In fairness, although I never rated Benyon as highly as you (Benyon himself didn't rate him as highly as you!) I was never one of his genuine detractors. My point about Von Trapp was only half serious, in that in THAT Stockport FA Cup match, he looked a little short of bloody useless, to the point where a guy who was a decent, but not world beating striker, managed to notch a comfortable hat-trick.

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Rich, my post on the Matlock forum was one among a very great number proclaiming the very same thing, that Hannah had agreed a deal with their club. I was re-producing a rumour which had clearly been started by an array of different clubs, or even MTFC themselves, to drum up interest.

I don't want to make this personal, but anyone who thinks that one post on the unoffcial forum of a very very non league club like Matlock Town has any bearing on transfers, needs their head reading.

Matt.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:Rich, my post on the Matlock forum was one among a very great number proclaiming the very same thing, that Hannah had agreed a deal with their club. I was re-producing a rumour which had clearly been started by an array of different clubs, or even MTFC themselves, to drum up interest.

I don't want to make this personal, but anyone who thinks that one post on the unoffcial forum of a very very non league club like Matlock Town has any bearing on transfers, needs their head reading.

Matt.

Lets agree to disagree and move on Matt. The bloke is obviously insane in chosing to go to Bradford so probably no great loss!
TUST member 328
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Richinns wrote:
Fletch - I think you will find the valuation goalposts moved once 'we' went public on the clubs offcial website (via their forum on this site).
And I "think" you will find they didnt. Do you think he just came here on spec for a trial, without Matlock knowing of our interest?

And yes, he probably is barking to go to Bradford :nod:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Fletch - lets also agree to move on. No point crying over spilt milk and all that!
TUST member 328
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

miltonkeynesgull wrote:I'll throw a name in for what it's worth...

If Stanley doesn't sign, I'd love to see us try and sign Scott Davies. Young midfielder released by Reading, on loan at Aldershot in our first season in the BSP (scored a belter for them at Plainmoor) and on loan at Wycombe and Brizzle Rovers this season just gone. Whether we'd afford his wages is one thing, and Wycombe and Exeter are sniffing around him apparently, but a very decent player at this level.
Just a quick update on this one, Davies today signed for Crawley. According to Steve Evans, it was 'not because of the money, but because we're a club who play football the right way'. Whatever you say Steve.... 8/