How's this for a new manager !!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

I think he would cost a lot, but surely he will have some links with Birmingham City and others, maybe some loanees? Player manager would be amazing, although he will probably need an assistant manager(Hargreaves??) or am I just dreaming?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

bc-gull wrote:I think he would cost a lot, but surely he will have some links with Birmingham City and others, maybe some loanees? Player manager would be amazing, although he will probably need an assistant manager(Hargreaves??) or am I just dreaming?
I'm not sure if two "unknowns" in the management world in Phillips and Hargreaves are what we need right now to be honest.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Eerm, where did this name come from? Been on here pretty much all day, not seen him mentioned (why would you, unless you're picking names out of a hat containing ALL the names), come to our little corner of Spotlight (what a truly testicles show that is) and along he comes, straight out of the car park WAY beyond the left field line.

I am muchos perplexed by this.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

He was mentioned on the BBC Website of all places.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh, was that alongside Chris Zebrowski?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

wodger of awabia wrote: Yes I agree,& I would guess that he would have plenty of contacts that would be able to give him advice if he needed it. K.P. is also a hard working player, so he would carry on from P.B. & maintain the work ethic that has played a large part in the teams recent success. I believe that he would get 20+ goals next year in L2, & it goes without saying that we would never be able to get a player of his ability & class down here. Additionaly, it would be very nice to see one or two premiership "starlets" down here on loan, gracing the hallowed turf of Brainmore. I would not be surprised if he put an extra 400 on the gate, & also attracted increased season ticket sales. :bow: :bow: :clap: :clap: :-D :-D
We got about as much chance as I have of Being the next manager. As for Prem Starlets coming down here. Huh. I bet we could afford that. I am watching what Di Canio does at Swindon and I bet he doesn't last long. he will probably get em heavily in debt. best way to the Conference :clown:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Bring on Gordon Strachan. Then we could get quotes like this one :)
Strachan was on Sky on Sunday morning. He saw John Terry's goal and said he was impressed that Terry goes up expecting to score. He contrasted this to Claus Lundekvam the Saints central defender who goes up for every dead ball and never ever looks remotely like scoring. He said if there was a dead body lying in the penalty area the ball would hit it on the head several times a season which he said is more than Lundekvam can manage. He said referees should book Lundekvam for timewasting every time he goes up for a corner. When the co-commentator said if Lundekvam was watching Strachan was only joking. Strachan assured him he was deadly serious.
-Eirik-
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/