Danny Senda

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Danny Senda

Post by friendlygas »

I note on a couple of threads this name cropped up as one of Buckles poor signings.Have i misread this? What was your opinions on him?
He was signed for us by Dave Penney and I have to say he was absolute quality. The best right back we have had in many a year and built a great affinity with the fans. His only blemish was in the penultimate away game at Bournemouth when we were 1-0 up with ten minutes to go and he went clean through with only the keeper to beat and he blazed high over the bar..Bournemouth scored two late goals and that result in my mind was the one that relegated us.
Most ofd thefans wanted him to stay and still want him but he has been released.
Any opinions?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I think he came to us when he was still recovering from that long injury. He didn't really get too much chance, I remember that dreadful pass which set up Hamza Bencherif to rifle in from 25 yards at Plainmoor when we lost 3-1 to Macc.

He picked up another injury and was subsequently released. Had he been given more time he may have made more of an impression, but because he was here for a matter of months, it has to go down as a poor signing, in my book.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I thought he was alright. Just abit injury prone.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

He looked to have a bit of quality about him, but was only just back from injury.

Presumably he's been released by you on Bucks say so? Evidently he doesn;t rate him.

Oh well, if Dave Penney gets our job, perhaps he'll sign him again...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

He hadn't played a first-team game in about two years when he joined and so was well behind the squad in terms of fitness. When he caught up, he played a few matches but was then sidelined by other niggling injuries. He obviously has the quality, but he was far too injury-prone for us to offer him a contract extension. Sod's law that he managed to stay fit and enjoyed a run of games for you. Hopefully his injuries are behind him. I'd be happy with a fully fit Senda in the squad, but it's a huge gamble when the pursestrings are so tight.

Was it your board or Buckle who released him?
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Friendly
I have to say he was absolute quality. The best right back we have had in many a year
Not the slightest doubt about his quality & you probably saw an even better Danny than we did as he was still struggling to regain match fitness in his brief time with us.

It will make more sense after you've had three or four months of Buckle..it will be quite clear that Danny would never be his type of player & it's a mystery (as in the case of a few others) as to why he was ever brought to Plainmoor. Work rate will be everything and there's not much room for subtlety in a Buckle side.

The Hamza Bencherif 'incident' is also the first thing I recall at the mention of Danny's name. my personal view at the time was that a combination of lack of training/understanding with his new team mates & failure to remember that he was no longer playing alongside team mates at a higher level was to blame.

I'd love to be able to ask him but I still believe Danny put the ball just where he intended.Being in possession & near the touchline he played a ball infield to a player in space (probably Mansell) but knocked it about three feet in front of him, presumably to set him on his way upfield. Player X (maybe I shouldn't single out Manse just in case it wasn't him) stood like a statue, presuming the pass wasn't intended for him as it was some way in front. The ball is therefore allowed to roll on it's merry way & is gratefully accepted by Hamza Bencherif who rubs further salt into the wound by hitting a cracker into the net.

I've still got it marked down as a simple misunderstanding by team mates who had probably never played together before.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Ive still got the video clip on my recorder Joe. Yes it was Mansell wanting it played to his feet, shame it was about 6 foot in front with way too much pace as it wizzed straight past him invitingly for the Sherrif to pick up. Trying to snapshot it to post, but ms players doesnt seem to have snapshot :( Got it now :) Feel free to resize it admins...
Attachments
maccy goal.jpg
maccy goal.jpg (47.41 KiB) Viewed 865 times
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Unbelievable stuff Fletch...what a service. I'm clutching at straws now but was Manse a little late reacting as he didn't think the ball was intended for him ?
Either way water under the bridge now. Manse still remains my favourite player & in the light of this startling 'video evidence' I'll have to alot 80% of the blame to Danny after all.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Alpine Joe wrote:Unbelievable stuff Fletch...what a service. I'm clutching at straws now but was Manse a little late reacting as he didn't think the ball was intended for him ?
Either way water under the bridge now. Manse still remains my favourite player & in the light of this startling 'video evidence' I'll have to alot 80% of the blame to Danny after all.
Possibly :)

Either way, it would harsh to criticise either TBH. Its not that often (hopefully!) that a slightly mis-hit pass gets intercepted by someone who can unleash a shot like that from about 5 or so yards outside the "d" past someone of Bevs size :goal:

I just cant believe ive kept so much video of this season :O