Buckle could be a mistake

General chat about anything else goes here.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

regiment wrote: tight arse !!! :rofl:
Didn't want to bet over £20.

;-)
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

NickGull wrote:how is it? Because it's bigger?

You have one stand that would look in place at somewhere like Weymouth! (Uplands Stand). We'll compare that to our Grandstand. Even though ours is dogpoo, it's better than that! Plus we should hopefully be getting a new one next year so fingers crossed.

The DAS Stand; the main bit looks alright, but it looks like it should be at a cricket ground! Then it has two little stands on each side of it. Compared to our Family Stand, again, I think ours is probably better. A whole stand the same size for a start!

The South Stand; a temporary stand for away fans, is it not? Compared to our away end, it's pretty poor. Not saying our away end is amazing, but it's a terrace and it can cope with demand 9 times out of 10, with no real problems.

Finally, the Blackthorn End. I guess this would be more like the Popside. Yours probably bigger, but it's older, has supporting poles running down the front, blocking views etc.

Obviously you're opinion will differ, but at the moment the Memorial Ground is shocking.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/bristol_rovers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You dont need to convince me fella, I have been watching the Gas in sh*t grounds for 25 years.

In terms of quality it is one of the worst in the country, After all it is a Rugby Ground. The only thing in its favour compared to other sh*t grounds is its capacity.

Plainmoor is better, well in terms of charm and character certainly.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Boom Boom wrote:Nice Plans for the stadium, looks like it's a supermarket in a retail park tho. Who helped designed the front of it, TK MAXX?

All jokes inside one of my mates is a big Bristol City fan & I seem to remember they had a stadium in place, only for the council to refuse...? Not too sure on the facts but he wasn't happy.
They did, they applied for planning permission and agreed a deal with Sainsbury's and sold it 2 years ago. They had difficulties because where they were planning to build was a nature reserve and classed as a Village green.

The difference is, like I said in previous posts is that The sh*t are relying on Bristol CC and they are the most inept bunch of tossers imaginable. Hence why we have decided to go with South Glos CC in a venture with UWE.

That is the only downside, although still in Bristol, it is in South Gloucestershire.
Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Kinky John Fowler »

BritishGAS wrote:
They did, they applied for planning permission and agreed a deal with Sainsbury's and sold it 2 years ago. They had difficulties because where they were planning to build was a nature reserve and classed as a Village green.

The difference is, like I said in previous posts is that The sh*t are relying on Bristol CC and they are the most inept bunch of tossers imaginable. Hence why we have decided to go with South Glos CC in a venture with UWE.

That is the only downside, although still in Bristol, it is in South Gloucestershire.
I apologise for this Gulls fans, for the sake of accuracy I just want to reply to the above post made by BG. I know this is your Main Board and I promise not to post any further non TUFC items on here. For those of you who have absolutely no intrest in Bristol football (all of you I would imagine) please ignore this post

FAO BritishGas...Firstly, you know full well the land in Ashton Vale is not and never has been a nature reserve, in fact the plans for the new stadium include actually creating a nature reserve for the first time on that particular piece of land. Secondly the land has never been classed as a Village Green, some local residents have applied for this status (so far not approved) so they can derail the new stadium plans. The land in question has always been used for either grazing purposes or as a waste dump

The Ashton Vale site is within the city boundry's, your new stadium is not in Bristol, however, this is in your favour. As you rightly point out BCC are utterly useless where as South Gloucestershire Council seem to be a bit more forward thinking.

As a football fan I say congratulations to you regarding this news and fair play to your board. I believe you will have a new ground years before we do. Obviously though I still hate you and hope you get relegated to the BSP.
:@

Once again I apologise to Gulls fans for posting this on here.

KJF
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Kinky John Fowler wrote: I apologise for this Gulls fans, for the sake of accuracy I just want to reply to the above post made by BG. I know this is your Main Board and I promise not to post any further non TUFC items on here. For those of you who have absolutely no intrest in Bristol football (all of you I would imagine) please ignore this post

FAO BritishGas...Firstly, you know full well the land in Ashton Vale is not and never has been a nature reserve, in fact the plans for the new stadium include actually creating a nature reserve for the first time on that particular piece of land. Secondly the land has never been classed as a Village Green, some local residents have applied for this status (so far not approved) so they can derail the new stadium plans. The land in question has always been used for either grazing purposes or as a waste dump

The Ashton Vale site is within the city boundry's, your new stadium is not in Bristol, however, this is in your favour. As you rightly point out BCC are utterly useless where as South Gloucestershire Council seem to be a bit more forward thinking.As a football fan I say congratulations to you regarding this news and fair play to your board. I believe you will have a new ground years before we do. Obviously though I still hate you and hope you get relegated to the BSP. :@

Once again I apologise to Gulls fans for posting this on here.

KJF
Kinky John Fowler I live in Frenchay and I have a Bristol postcode as does Frenchay Hospital and the UWE Campus. Yes it is classed as South Gloucestershire, but it is still Bristol. It is certainly concidered as part of Bristol far more than Ashton Vale, which is in the countryside and is in Somerset, surrounded by fields full of cattle. Ok, I worded it wrong Ashton Vale is not a nature reserve but it is considered a nature conservation area.

At least we agree on something, The despise is recificated. I hope you once more go bankrupt, only this time I hope you dont get any back handers and get bailed out. I hope your horrible little club, dies a slow painful death and dissapears, which might be quite soon when Mr Lansdowne realises the money he has wasted trying to build your deluded stadium, and spunked on 40 year old prima donna goalkeeper and other sh*t mercenary's, and wants his money back.

Other than that, I hope your well.

I reiterate Kinky Johns sentiment. Sorry Gulls fans.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Bristol City >>>> Bristol Rovers always have been always will be.

But Rovers have a nicer badge, kit and better song.

so it probably evens itself out. On the care factor I'd probably put it up there with the latest Peter Andre news but there we go.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Rovers are shit....City are shit....only one team in Bristol.

Bristol Manor Farm
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

royalgull wrote:Bristol City >>>> Bristol Rovers always have been always will be.

But Rovers have a nicer badge, kit and better song.

so it probably evens itself out. On the care factor I'd probably put it up there with the latest Peter Andre news but there we go.
No it doesnt go like that at all, but your entitled to your opinion. I take it you are from Reading that is like saying Reading>>>> Oxford.

Boom Boom dont be silly the biggest club in Bristol will alway's be Mangotsfield :bow: I agree with you on the other point though, We are both sh*t.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

'The despise is recificated'.

Congratulations! You have won the Syntax Police award for 'Message of the Month'.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

wivelgull wrote:'The despise is recificated'.

Congratulations! You have won the Syntax Police award for 'Message of the Month'.
Caught red handed, making a typo.

Arrest me forum police!!!! :whip:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

BritishGAS wrote:Caught red handed, making a typo.

Arrest me forum police!!!! :whip:
Not having that - wasn't minor enough to be called simply a 'typo'. I mean, I'm not even entirely sure what 'recificated' is supposed to be. For a minute I thought my education had failed me and it was a word I didn't know.

But I'm pretty sure you meant "reciprocated". Which is not even close to what you typed.

[edit - irony....there was a typo]
Last edited by happytorq on 09 Jun 2011, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

For a minute I "though" you had sorted out the typo too!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

cambgull wrote:For a minute I "though" you had sorted out the typo too!
*cough*
What are you talking about? :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

BritishGAS wrote:
Other than that, I hope your well.
Im fine thank you, although needless to say Im back on the smack...you know what us South Bristol boys are like
Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Boom Boom wrote:Rovers are sh*t....City are sh*t....only one team in Bristol.

Bristol Manor Farm
Now we're talking!! They are MASSIVE!

(Dont listen to BG when he tries to tell you that Mangotsfield are bigger =D )