Torquay, Buckle and league 2

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Torquay, Buckle and league 2

Post by DavetheRave »

Was just reading the below post on the BR Gas site and thought it raised some points...anyone have any thoughts on this?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>What a whinge!

The Torquay fan is quite right to say that when Buckle left Exeter he took many of the contacts that had been lined up for us by our manager Paul Tisdale, we certainly didn't moan about it. All part and parcel as they say. Bucks even lured some contracted players over to the yellow side but luckily they were fairly average to crap (if he'd got Seabourne and Mackie as he wanted he'd have got some real deals). Like I say it's understandable when someone has spotted and worked with people, to take them on with you, players are only responsible for themselves when all is said and done.

I've always thought Buckle is a good manager, he learnt a lot at the feet of Paul Tisdale and has proven on several occasions at Torquay that he is good at finding players and forming a team around their abilities. To be honest a league 2 play off final place for a club like Torquay is a bloody miracle!

If he can keep it in his trousers he'll do fine for you at Rovers! <<<<<<<<<<<
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Sounds like a City fan trying hard to make friends on the Rovers site. Bless.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Kinky John Fowler »

I dont know anything about Paul Buckle but unless Ive gone mental I couldve sworn we played you in League 1 not that long ago. To suggest that Torquay getting to a league 2 play off final is some sort of miracle is ridiculous.

As already mentioned the poster is obviously an Exeter fan trying to make friends. Personally I always find it a bit cringeworthy when a fan from a rival club joins a forum and starts kissing ass. You wont catch me doing that!

Anyway, love you guys <3 <3 <3 <3

Forever and ever
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

You did play us in L1 in 2004/05. Ashton Gate on the opening day, drew 1-1 (which I missed as I was in France! :( ).

Remember the reverse fixture though, you guys destroyed us 0-4 as Leroy Lita ran riot, hitting a hattrick including one from the half way line!

So many teams came down and taught us a lesson that season, Hull, Sheffield Wednesday, you guys and Luton all spring to mind!!
Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Kinky John Fowler »

NickGull wrote:You did play us in L1 in 2004/05. Ashton Gate on the opening day, drew 1-1 (which I missed as I was in France! :( ).

Remember the reverse fixture though, you guys destroyed us 0-4 as Leroy Lita ran riot, hitting a hattrick including one from the half way line!

So many teams came down and taught us a lesson that season, Hull, Sheffield Wednesday, you guys and Luton all spring to mind!!
I think the fixture at Plainmoor was played in thick fog?

I digress..

The point is of course that TUFC have as much chance of being promoted as anyone in L2 and you have proved in recent history that progression in the league is not beyond the clubs capabilities, hardly a miracle. That Exeter fan is obviously just a ****.

KJF

*EDIT* I bet Luton would love to have a league fixture at Plainmoor this season.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I was at Ashton Gate for that game, really enjoyed my visit there and met some cracking City fans that looked more like Milwall lads :lol:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

Fairly average to crap!

erm Wayne Carlisle did a bit better than that I would say. :whip:
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.