Today's the day.............

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

There must be someone who actually knows who can leak it though. I'm surprised it has not leaked out yet, unless of course there is not going to be an announcement today and they cannot make up their minds.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

hector wrote:There must be someone who actually knows who can leak it though. I'm surprised it has not leaked out yet, unless of course there is not going to be an announcement today and they cannot make up their minds.

well they did say it is due early this week- they never said monday... 8/
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

ii o'clock is usually a good time for announcements!! nothing yet tho

big week what with the cup draw and league fixtures thurs and friday
still keeping the faith
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

surely Nicky Forster!
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

If they do not announce it today then i will be very disappointed and annoyed with the board as it is getting a bit ridiculous now.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

considering they've been harping on about "making sure we get the right person" they've put pressure on themselves not to ar$e it up, but further delays will get more serious as the days go by.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Can't see it being announced today, I suspect that they'll sign the contract, tell the successfull manager and have a press conference tommorrow.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

yellowforever wrote:Can't see it being announced today, I suspect that they'll sign the contract, tell the successfull manager and have a press conference tommorrow.
If the manager has signed a contract and was told. Then they would put it on the website by saying they will have a news conference tomorrow.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

yellowforever wrote:Can't see it being announced today, I suspect that they'll sign the contract, tell the successfull manager and have a press conference tommorrow.
Or maybe they may even tell the successful manager and then sign the contract. as he can't sign it untill he is told,. lol :slap:
oh Moriarty wheres that Pound note. i need to mop ye brow
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

It looks like Pompey are losing Steve Cotterill today....... coincidence?????
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

No, he's off to Birmingham by the looks of things, and there's no chance of him rolling up at Plainmoor now anyway. He's had too many seasons in the championship to consider being back at this level again.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

why? Steve Cotterill is not coming here.Why would he drop down to Torquay and besides we couldn't afford him.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I'm pretty sure he's joking..
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

I hear that the Board did meet this morning but they initially got side tracked from discussing the managerial situation as one of them asked if anyone else had heard a rumour that Scott Bevan could be leaving to join Bristol Rovers.

Once the shock & surprise of this unexpected news had been dealt with all minds were concentrated on the task in hand & it was decided to announce a Press Conference for 2pm. Unfortunately two Directors then admitted to voting for Butterworth,not realising that he was actually Baraclough. They are currently studying photo's of both Baraclough & Butterworth to try and work out if any further votes may have erroneously been cast for the wrong man.

One Director who did not vote claimed to be waiting for the English translation of John Hughes interview answers , but having been informed that none will be available commented 'OK ,in that case mark me down for Trollope.' :clown:
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

judging by the number of times at plainmoor, the crossbar challenge winning ticket wasn't claimed, do you think they just leave all old tickets in the barrel and keep taking them out until we get a winner ??

in which case, could they be waiting for cyril knowles, wes saunders or frank o'farrell to claim their prize, before drawing another name out of the hat ?? 8/ :~D
Brady

I Wish I Was There