Do the fans count?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

Stupid thread.......

Sink your share of 1.4 million into the club and then you can have a say on who the new manager is.

Easy....
....aka jmgull.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

andygull wrote:
Cheers MKGULL. I would probably though on the face of it rather have an inexperienced guy ( a lot of you wanted Forster ) than a guy like Ling who IS experienced but has failed at our level and below.
Forster had already managed Brentford for a short time and proved himself capable though, which I think is why many thought him to be the best option. I'm just hoping Cambridge was a blip for Ling and he can recreate what he did with Leyton Orient at our club!
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

So sexy gull, i,m not having a pop i just want to ask if you as a 'customer' of TUFC are completely happy with the manner in which they have handled everything from shirts, ticket sales and the Buckle , new manager situation and lack of info on the OS?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I think we can safely assume the board picked the man that they considered to be the best candidate within our salary constraints. It might have been that there was a better option - but if he priced himself out of the reckoning, the board were probably right to look elsewhere. Whilst not as exciting an appointment as Forster might have been (in my opinion), there were worse options on that short-list.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Glad I live in the states and have a good excuse not to go to games. This is a bad appointment. Just proves the club are pennyless in my opinion.
honkytonkconk
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by honkytonkconk »

andygull wrote: I don't doubt that but all i'm saying is if we never make decisions as individuals about things then we just follow along like sheep and every individual is different. You may be happy simply because you have a club to support and thats fine, i too am happy to have a club to support, but if my support is not welcomed or being abused in some way then i have a right to take issue and either not go to games or not spend my money on anything Torquay. I also have a right ( like customers do when they are filling in questionnaires about the service they have received from a particular company ) to say what i feel and to let them know. Us fans often don't know what is best, but sometimes the board don't know either. Like in the appointment of Martin Ling.
I agree with some of what you're saying and I can assure you I'm not one of these people that just accepts the way a club treats it's fans. If I feel we are being let down then I'll have my say but I genuinely believe the board are only doing what they think is best for the club at this moment in time. Of course you have the right to say what you feel but all I'm saying is give the man a chance before you start hammering him and the board. If it all goes tits up then roast the s*** out of them but at least give them a good few months. Who knows it could even turn out to be an amazing appointment. I guarantee that whoever his first signing is will get slated even if it's Wayne Rooney!
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

For F*** Sake the lot of you grow up. We haven't kicked a F***ing ball yet and you are already on the blokes case.

It's just pathetic, let's get 3 months of the season under our belts before you start slagging off the manager and the club.

We are a tiny club in the South of Devon with a board who are running the club with sod all cash. People moan about the board, but no one has put an offer on the table to take over the club. People are moaning about the new manager but he probably hasn't even met the team yet. Did anyone write to the club and ask if they could be involved in the interview process????

Just pack it in, we have what we have until someone else is willing to put their money where their mouth is.
honkytonkconk
New Signing
New Signing

Post by honkytonkconk »

jocktheknife wrote:Stupid thread.......

Sink your share of 1.4 million into the club and then you can have a say on who the new manager is.

Easy....
Best post yet
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

honkytonkconk wrote: Best post yet
Here Here, I agree
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

Ignore and annoy the paying customers (the bulk of your revenue) at your peril.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Look, i know that the board make all the decisions and we have to thank them that we aren't in financial shit. They run themselves as a business and they make the decisions, i'm not disputing that or complaining about that. My beef, and the beef of the person that opened this thread is the fact that its customers , ie the fans get treated shabbily all the time and it is just not acceptable. Lets forget the appointment of Ling because you are right, we as fans don't have a right or a say in who becomes manager. We haven't pumped as much money into the club as the directors; however, we are a vital source of income to the club which would fold without it. My point being that they should be more accommodating to the needs of a growing minority of fans who feel disillusioned and let down by the club on all levels. ( Again NOT the managerial appointment which we can do nothing about ). We deserve honesty and support from our club as much as the other way round but it's not there.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

Awayday wrote: Here Here, I agree
yours was pretty good too paul ;-)
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Sneapy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Sneapy »

im clearly missing something here, what makes him so bad?
what did he do with cambridge?
lol i dont know much about this guy whats the big disappointment with this guy?
im not critising you lot ;-)
im just curious why is he a bad choice
Sexy_Gulls
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Sexy_Gulls »

andygull wrote:So sexy gull, i,m not having a pop i just want to ask if you as a 'customer' of TUFC are completely happy with the manner in which they have handled everything from shirts, ticket sales and the Buckle , new manager situation and lack of info on the OS?
No I'm not. I don't like the fact that fans are seen as customers but thats the way it is.
The shirt isn't great, but then pretty much every new shirt design gets slated anyway. The play off final ticketing was a farce for sure.
And what choice did the board have over Paul Buckle? Even if he isn't allowed to talk to other clubs while under contract, surely disciplining him or even sacking him for misconduct would just see him go to Rovers anyway except with a nice pay off.
As for the OS, surely as an official site, information only goes there when it is official.
What are they supposed to announce before the new manager decision is made? If they name their preferred choice they risk alienating other candidates and looking stupid if their choice doesn't want the job. Look at Gold and Sullivan at West Ham they're very high profile and it only serves to undermine the manager and spread confusion. I would rather the board made the right decision and then told us. I agree that they should give us a more detailed report on what has happened though.

I think they are doing a decent job all things considered, we're certainly much better off than we were before we got relegated.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

andygull wrote:Cheers MKGULL. I would probably though on the face of it rather have an inexperienced guy ( a lot of you wanted Forster ) than a guy like Ling who IS experienced but has failed at our level and below.
How has he failed at our level? Didn't he get Orient promoted?