When do we start to panic?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
graygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by graygull »

Maybe nobody noticed ? hope our new manager has, we don't have a goalkeeper, could be a new trend in cost saving, defenders rotate in goal this season.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

I have it on good authority that our goalie is going to be a small robot that actually operates a Grumpy Santa and operating the small robot is a tiny chinese woman who also knits Martin Ling's's underpants.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

graygull wrote:Maybe nobody noticed ? hope our new manager has, we don't have a goalkeeper, could be a new trend in cost saving, defenders rotate in goal this season.
It's due to the new FA initiative called "Rolling Keepers" aimed at making professional football like playing in the local park. This allows any player to save the shots. It's believed the idea was brought up by Luis Saurez, can't think how he came up with that one!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
passatgull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: mark ellis

Post by passatgull »

i agree with other posts on this matter
i think the panic button is about to be pushed,a week gone and no news on possible targets or signings.
maybe some time left but with a possible eight players needed are they or have they been identified,to get them
in and gelling together will take time,we all want a good start to the season especially with br second match up,
but the spine of our team has gone and needs sorting soon;a goalkeeper centre back,centre mid<greative with the ball>and a goal scorer all for me a must really

see what happens in the week to come
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

I'm not panicking.....yet. I mentioned on the Darren Byfield thread, I think if someone like Chris Hargreaves had been given the job I would be worried as he might have struggled a bit on the contacts front. I'm willing to give ML the benefit of the doubt at the moment, aside from Oastler and Stevens he has been in talks with at least 2 other players so hopefully something can come of that. The experience he's gained over the last few years will mean he's built up a host of contacts and I'm sure that we will head into the pre-season games with the majority of the squad he is looking for. Our first pre-season match is still three weeks away and a lot can happen in that time. I'm just glad we aren't back in the Bateson days when all sorts of Tom, Dick and Harrys turned up for trials and none of us were the wiser! We still have a few useful players at the club and hopefully with the addition of 8 or so we will be ready to go.
Ausgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs -Legend

Post by Ausgull »

We could get ( Zorro ) Tim Sills back to play in goal seeing he did a stirling part time job for us a couple of seasons ago !!
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Hold your nerve men. Wait until you can see the whites of their eyes!!!!!!!! :-o
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

Didn't want to start a new topic for this as it is unsubstantiated but @League2Rumours has claimed that Kevin Nicholson is set to sign for Bristol Rovers.

Just another kick in the nuts if that's true.