What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

teeboo100 wrote:3 players will sign on the old dotted tomorrow one of them is stevens though if u can count him as a player or a garden gnome a goalie and one other not sure it will cheer every1 up though
Your losing your "touch" teeboo .... even the good old Herald Express has told us that, even naming Brian Saah as one of those three (Stevens, Saah and a keeper ;-) ). I think what we are all hoping for is a "marquee" signing (preferably an established goalscorer) but will it happen under Martin Ling?
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Was really hoping to hear something from the Craig Easton Rumour by now or have I missed something. I feel he is likely to remain where he is though.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

CP Gull wrote: Your losing your "touch" teeboo .... even the good old Herald Express has told us that, even naming Brian Saah as one of those three (Stevens, Saah and a keeper ;-) ). I think what we are all hoping for is a "marquee" signing (preferably an established goalscorer) but will it happen under Martin Ling?
We need to wait and see what happends. We cant really make views on the signings untill we see them play in league games.
You never know McPhee could go and smash 24 goals in next season, with a defence of New Keeper, leadbitter ellis saah(if he signs) and nicho smashing the clean sheet recored we set. Vey doubtful i know but any of these signings could make a surpise impact.

being truthful who seriously thought Branno would be as good as he was for us. I remember pretty much everyone moaning that we signed a player who was "rubbish" at burton and end up being player of the season ect.
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

teeboo100 wrote:dave believe me when i say this mate he was despised a years rolling contract was the reason for his continued employment perhaps people should ask the present staff if they feel happier working with a respectfull individual like marting ling rather than walking over egg shells each day with paul control freak buckle

if he was that bad a manager how come the likes of Bevs, Zebs and Craig Stanley are so keen to join up with him once again?

for control freak you could read 'highly organised'!??
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I backed Branno from Day 1 and was gutted when he chose Burton. Me > everyone.

That team you've put up concerns me.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Was really hoping to hear something from the Craig Easton Rumour by now or have I missed something. I feel he is likely to remain where he is though.
Looks like that is a non-runner unfortunetly.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Don't think we need Easton in all honesty. If there is one position we have fairly well covered it's central midfield. Forwards, goalkeepers and a defender. We need them desperately.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Richinns wrote: Looks like that is a non-runner unfortunetly.
I agree. Ling said in today's herald that he doesn't think we need any more central midfielders (when talking in reference to Aggy), so reading between the lines I take that as meaning that isn't a position we will see movement.

I'm not convinced the whole Easton rumor was ever a goer anyway. Mentioned on here but nowhere else, until the Southend local rag picked up on it - with no direct quotes even mentioning us or Ling. Wouldn't be the first time a paper had taken a rumour straight off a message board.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

royalgull wrote:I backed Branno from Day 1 and was gutted when he chose Burton. Me > everyone.

That team you've put up concerns me.
Well i hope to update and make it look better as time goes on. I thought to put o'kane of the right wing with damon in the middle. But i hope new wingers will come and make it look better. And a few strikers.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

tufcbrett wrote: Well i hope to update and make it look better as time goes on. I thought to put o'kane of the right wing with damon in the middle. But i hope new wingers will come and make it look better. And a few strikers.
Well if Ling says he wants 2 players for each position, and Parkinson is coming, then that will be 4 wingers in place - Stevens, Halpin, Macklin and Parkinson :S :-/
TUST member 328
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

Richinns wrote: Well if Ling says he wants 2 players for each position, and Parkinson is coming, then that will be 4 wingers in place - Stevens, Halpin, Macklin and Parkinson :S :-/
You do make a valid point, but i would have though Ling will bring in a few and break his rule. We cant relay on Halpin or Mackin even if i put mackin in my team.
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

From the BR website:

Chris Zebroski has been mentioned as another possible transfer target and Paul said; "It would be wrong of me to talk about another club's player. I like Chris Zebroski, of course I do, but there are a lot of players I still like. Whether I can bring them here is another matter and it would be wrong of me to talk about him now. All I will say is that we are looking at three or four options in terms of strikers."

Read into that what you will!!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

DerbyGull wrote:From the BR website:

Chris Zebroski has been mentioned as another possible transfer target and Paul said; "It would be wrong of me to talk about another club's player. I like Chris Zebroski, of course I do, but there are a lot of players I still like. Whether I can bring them here is another matter and it would be wrong of me to talk about him now. All I will say is that we are looking at three or four options in terms of strikers."

Read into that what you will!!!
Not wrong of you to tap them up though???
TUST member 328
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

My thoughts exactly!!!!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

"it would be wrong of me, but i'll do it anyway" more like it. looking at three or four players, but only mentioned zebba by name. prick.
Brady

I Wish I Was There