What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Richinns wrote: Spot on

If he'd have won the game at Old Trafford you lot would have gladly let him shag your wives and girlfiends and probably have taken pictures.

Buckle 'may' have had something to do with it, you have no proof, but like oasisgas said it could be his agent or just maybe he's seen you bring in a tripe manager and not sign anyone decent and thought "im off" ??
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gashead1979 wrote:
If he'd have won the game at Old Trafford you lot would have gladly let him shag your wives and girlfiends and probably have taken pictures.

Buckle 'may' have had something to do with it, you have no proof, but like oasisgas said it could be his agent or just maybe he's seen you bring in a tripe manager and not sign anyone decent and thought "im off" ??
Who exactly invited you back on the main board? Use the Zebroski thread on banter board if you want to discuss this and those who want to interact with you will do so from there.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

There are topics on the Banter Board for such "banter" chaps, for Zeb and for Bucks. Can we keep such comments on there please so as not to have to move posts. Thanks.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Whenever Danny is preparing to take the field for the last 5 minutes of every game, we always ask 'If Stevens is the answer, what exactly is the question?' We've not yet got an answer (or is it a question?)
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Fonda wrote:Whenever Danny is preparing to take the field for the last 5 minutes of every game, we always ask 'If Stevens is the answer, what exactly is the question?' We've not yet got an answer (or is it a question?)
Am i the only one confused here ???!! :-/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Firstly i have never booed stevens or shouted abuse at him or slagged him off verbally with him in earshot. I haven't really slagged him off online only highlighting my view that he is not a very good footballer. Stevens doesn't get many opportunities i agree but when he comes on for 20 / 15 / 10 minutes or less he often does get control of the football and does nothing effective with it. Yes it takes time to get into the pace of a game and i have to take this into account but there is absolutely nothing from him every time he takes the field for however long. I cannot comprehend why people believe otherwise. Would he suddenly have an end product if he played 90 / 45 minutes regularly - probably not because he is just not good enough and does not have the ability to be able to improve and work on his game. He must know the areas in which he needs to improve but has not done it yet because he cannot. Even at Old Trafford i felt that even though we were dead on our feet and needed something extra other players were still reluctant to give the ball to Danny and that has happened on lots of occasions where he has come on late in games. Maybe they thought there were better more effective options?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Vimto
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Zebs

Post by Vimto »

Hi guys, I've sort of introduced myself on the Banter board but realise that it doesn't receive as much attention as the Main board!

I am a Rovers fan (cue groans!) but haven't come on here to gloat, wind up or take the mickey. We're in League Two for a reason and I'm not here to give my club's supporters a bad name, we deserve nothing from no one and as I always say, treat others as you would like to be treated!

I'm just wondering what the latest is on Zebroski and a move to us? I've read the thread through and have seen a couple of posts which say he'll be a Rovers player by the end of today. Just wondered if that was still the case? I believe it's Teeboo who is in the know so if he or anybody else is willing to give me the latest I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thank you and good luck for the season ahead.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Welcome to our site Vimto, always nice to hear from fans of opposing teams who don't just want to come on here and slag us off. As regards Zebs, i am as much in the dark as you mate but it looks like Zebs will be a Rovers player sooner rather than later. Maybe some other forum users will reply and be able to let you know something more definate.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

hi vimto, welcome along, and thanks for the friendly introduction.

what we know, is what you've read. chances are you'll hear something at your end before we do here, so feel free to share anything you hear.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Vimto
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Zebs

Post by Vimto »

Thanks Andy and Regiment, no worries at all.

Thought that may be the case. I've heard very little our end, the local press have obviously picked up on it over the last few weeks, but our Evening Post is notorious for taking rumours from our forum, so there's nothing to suggest that they know anything themselves unfortunately.

I will let you know when I hear anything, hopefully you guys can do likewise!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

kingsgull wrote: Am i the only one confused here ???!! :-/
Didn't think it was difficult. The point is, whenever he rises from the bench our immediate thought is - what can Danny Stevens possibly offer? He never does anything (that's harsh, there are 2 or 3 exceptions - in 4 years).
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Fonda wrote:Whenever Danny is preparing to take the field for the last 5 minutes of every game, we always ask 'If Stevens is the answer, what exactly is the question?' We've not yet got an answer (or is it a question?)
You appear to have caught Trojan-itis.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

What has Stevens ever done for us ? Er . . . . . . um . . . . . . ?

Scored two goals in one match against Yeovil (FA Cup 1st Round, November 2007). :O

That was almost four years ago FFS and f'ck all since save the odd sporadic goal.

As for crossing a ball with either foot, are you having a f'ckin laugh ? :@
There's crossing a ball with either foot and there's pinpoint delivery with either foot.
The only hope Stevens has is to play on the right, run at speed, push the ball past the left back and chase after it. Fullback chops him down/bundles him off the ball or obstructs then its a clear foul.This is not what Stevens has been doing. What Stevens has been doing is slowly dribbling up close to the fullback then attempting to dribble past the fullback at speed. The superior physique of the fullback then dumps Stevens on his arse. Stevens then throws his arms up looking to the Ref for a foul. Ref says :

"It's a man's game sonny, if you can't hack it then get back to the Under 13's with your schoolmates." :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

I don't see the problem with having Stevens in the squad, I doubt he's a high earner and there's every chance that he may perform better under a new management team. He looks like a confidence player, and Buckle isn't the type of manager to inspire confidence in a player, especially by chucking him for just 5-10 mins every weeks. Maybe Ling is the type of guy to put his arm round the players and give them a boost. I would also like to see him playing on the right wing for once, seeing as the guy started out as a right-winger and is predominantly right footed. Another of Buckle's great ideas of not playing someone in their favoured position.

With regard to his crossing, I personally don't have too much of an issue with wingers who cannot cross when we don't have any players in the middle who are great in the air. THere's no point swinging balls into the box if we've got Kee in the middle. Would rather the wingers ran at someone into the box or pulled the ball back along the ground. Unless we sign a target man/tall striker then pumping crosses in will be fruitless so its irrelavant.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Perhaps it's about time to sit Stevens down in front of a Cristiano Ronaldo DVD for 6 hours with a notepad and a new pen (assuming the admin department can afford bics). He could quite easily beat a defender if he runs at them from a distance at pace. On the right wing, I'm sure even Stevens would be capable of getting to the byline and putting in a low ball across the box. It won't work every time because he's a League 2 player but once every 3 games would do fine!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"