Zebs

General chat about anything else goes here.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i don't think it really takes a genius to see what's happened here does it ? clearly Buckle and Zeb are close, TUFC stuck by Zeb through some pretty serious personal stuff that may have seen him get the boot elsewhere, and Buckle clearly had a big say in keeping him at the club.

it's also pretty damn obvious that rovers pay better than TUFC can, hence the fact Bev, Stanley and others have signed for rovers. Ever since Buckle went, we all feared he'd come back for his favourite son, and we all hoped the club would tell him to naff off, and it would seem that's been the case until now. Zeb knows he can earn more at rovers, and if you take a realistic view of what's happened at both clubs in the past couple of weeks, going to rovers, earning more, with more potential for success (maybe), has clearly given him something to think about. No doubt he's spoken to Buckle, and decided the best way to engineer the move, is for Zeb to hand in a transfer request.

i'd just ask rovers fans to be at least a little bit open minded here, and accept that had Zeb not been "approached", he wouldn't hand in a transfer request, because he's always said how happy he is here. you've asked us to stop moaning because "this sort of thing happens in football", and then in the next breath your saying "it hasn't happened here". It HAS happened here, we've got to accept it, you've got to accept it - end of.

just one question for you rovers fans though - when Zeb was first mentioned as a target, some of you were saying "our club won't sign him, he's trouble, a liability etc etc and the club would be wrong to sign him". so what do you think now ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Regiment wrote:i don't think it really takes a genius to see what's happened here does it ? clearly Buckle and Zeb are close, TUFC stuck by Zeb through some pretty serious personal stuff that may have seen him get the boot elsewhere, and Buckle clearly had a big say in keeping him at the club.

it's also pretty damn obvious that rovers pay better than TUFC can, hence the fact Bev, Stanley and others have signed for rovers. Ever since Buckle went, we all feared he'd come back for his favourite son, and we all hoped the club would tell him to naff off, and it would seem that's been the case until now. Zeb knows he can earn more at rovers, and if you take a realistic view of what's happened at both clubs in the past couple of weeks, going to rovers, earning more, with more potential for success (maybe), has clearly given him something to think about. No doubt he's spoken to Buckle, and decided the best way to engineer the move, is for Zeb to hand in a transfer request.

i'd just ask rovers fans to be at least a little bit open minded here, and accept that had Zeb not been "approached", he wouldn't hand in a transfer request, because he's always said how happy he is here. you've asked us to stop moaning because "this sort of thing happens in football", and then in the next breath your saying "it hasn't happened here". It HAS happened here, we've got to accept it, you've got to accept it - end of.

just one question for you rovers fans though - when Zeb was first mentioned as a target, some of you were saying "our club won't sign him, he's trouble, a liability etc etc and the club would be wrong to sign him". so what do you think now ??
If he can score goals in this league, and he's proved he can, then I don't have a problem with signing him.

It didnt stop anyone signing Marlon KIng, and to a certain extent Lee Hughes, and the clubs that took them on have all benefitted.

I just think its out of order blaming BRFC and PB for the 'tapping up' of Zebroski and Buckle when none of you have any evidence. To be fair i've seen Rovers suffer play off defeats and I blamed everthing and everyone for months after.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

don't get me wrong, Zeb is a damn fine player at this level, and if you do sign him, i'm sure you'll be pleased with his contribution on the pitch. my question was aimed at those rovers fans (i can't remember which ones) that were saying you'd gotten rid of a "bad boy" before from your club in the past, and the club had said they didn't want people like that. those same people were suggesting that Zeb was one of these bad boys, and your club should steer clear. just wondered if getting a decent player outweighed the moral issue ??

and i don't think any of the zeb-Buckle thing is a direct result of the playoff defeat. we were very poor on the day, and didn't deserve to win. it's more about all the other stuff that was going on that we're not happy about, and it must've affected our club as a whole, particularly in the build up to the playoffs, irrespective of our performances against the shrews.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Regiment wrote:don't get me wrong, Zeb is a damn fine player at this level, and if you do sign him, i'm sure you'll be pleased with his contribution on the pitch. my question was aimed at those rovers fans (i can't remember which ones) that were saying you'd gotten rid of a "bad boy" before from your club in the past, and the club had said they didn't want people like that. those same people were suggesting that Zeb was one of these bad boys, and your club should steer clear. just wondered if getting a decent player outweighed the moral issue ??

and i don't think any of the zeb-Buckle thing is a direct result of the playoff defeat. we were very poor on the day, and didn't deserve to win. it's more about all the other stuff that was going on that we're not happy about, and it must've affected our club as a whole, particularly in the build up to the playoffs, irrespective of our performances against the shrews.

You cant really say the saga affected the play offs and then not take into account the Shrewsbury games, thats very selective to your arguement.

It was common knowledge he'd be coming here if you went up or not, even the sky commentator said it looks like he'll be joining us within minutes of the final whistle going at Old Trafford.

I personally think Zebs may sign for someone else like Swindon and will shut everyone up. He's seen Branston leave, Trrquay fail to sign up out of contract and loan players, and not much quality come in the other way so thought he'd rather be at the right end of the table. Not saying thats us, just that it probably wont be you, but we'll see.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

Gashead1979 wrote:
You cant really say the saga affected the play offs and then not take into account the Shrewsbury games, thats very selective to your arguement.

It was common knowledge he'd be coming here if you went up or not, even the sky commentator said it looks like he'll be joining us within minutes of the final whistle going at Old Trafford.

I personally think Zebs may sign for someone else like Swindon and will shut everyone up. He's seen Branston leave, Trrquay fail to sign up out of contract and loan players, and not much quality come in the other way so thought he'd rather be at the right end of the table. Not saying thats us, just that it probably wont be you, but we'll see.

in the same way you can't say that we weren't affected by it just because we beat shrewsbury. as i said, we were poor in the final, but there is no doubt in my mind, players and everyone at the club were affected by buckle's actions.

naturally, now Zeb has handed in a transfer request, it's entirely possible other clubs will come in for him, so maybe TUFC will benefit from a minor bidding war, but i think the majority would prefer he stayed.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Gashead1979 wrote:

We will indeed! Both Torquay United and Bristol Rovers have new managers and it is the new manager of Torquay United who has by far the greater experience and who has been the most successful. I'm not unhappy at the way our squad is coming together and look forward to seeing how things pan out. Am happy for a season of consolidation but things always seem to be tight in League 2 and with a couple of months to go normally the top 15 still are in with a shout of at least the play-offs, so who knows? But come May, as Gashead1979 rightly says .... we'll see! ;-)
Vimto
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Zebs

Post by Vimto »

First post here so please go easy on me!

I am a Rovers fan and have been paying a lot of attention to the topics on here regarding my team and potential signings. Firstly, I'm not here on the wind up or to talk too much about my club, I just have a question I wish to ask.

Obviously I'm not sure where Rovers fans are and aren't allowed to post on here, but was hoping someone would provide me with some information they may have.

Obviously i've seen some people who seem to be in the know in regards to certain players and although I've seen something on a different thread I thought I'd ask here for clarification. How likely is it that Zebroski is joining Rovers and could it happen today? I think it was Teeboo who has said it should be done by today but I was wondering if he or anybody else knew if that was still on track?

Again, not here to annoy or offend any of you guys. I have a lot of respect for Torquay and would hate to come on your forum giving it the big one because quite frankly we're in this league for a reason and aren't owed anything from anyone. Would like to wish you guys luck for the season too.

Thanks if you can provide me with the info!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

Vimto wrote:First post here so please go easy on me!

I am a Rovers fan and have been paying a lot of attention to the topics on here regarding my team and potential signings. Firstly, I'm not here on the wind up or to talk too much about my club, I just have a question I wish to ask.

Obviously I'm not sure where Rovers fans are and aren't allowed to post on here, but was hoping someone would provide me with some information they may have.

Obviously i've seen some people who seem to be in the know in regards to certain players and although I've seen something on a different thread I thought I'd ask here for clarification. How likely is it that Zebroski is joining Rovers and could it happen today? I think it was Teeboo who has said it should be done by today but I was wondering if he or anybody else knew if that was still on track?

Again, not here to annoy or offend any of you guys. I have a lot of respect for Torquay and would hate to come on your forum giving it the big one because quite frankly we're in this league for a reason and aren't owed anything from anyone. Would like to wish you guys luck for the season too.

Thanks if you can provide me with the info!
Rovers fans are welcome on this site as long as they post like you do and respect the fact that they are on another clubs fans site. I'm not sure if anybody knows where Zebs is going but the obvious guess would be Rovers, however he lives in Swindon and I have seen elsewhere that Cheltenham are the favourites for his signature. Mind you I expect teeboo is the only person on here who really knows. His predictions so far have been so accurate that I suspect he is Martin Ling!! ;-)
Vimto
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vimto »

Thank you. I may go on to the main forum and ask the question as it seems not too many people use the banter board! Would Cheltenham be able to afford Zebroski's wages? I'm not sure what he's on but would assume he's one of your highest earners?

I'll see if I can find anything else out on the Main board, cheers!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

i don't think Cheltenham could afford to buy him, let alone pay his salary. that particular story came via rumours on twitter, where they stated Cheltenham were favourites to sign him "following his release" - which of course is not the case.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

Regiment wrote:i don't think Cheltenham could afford to buy him, let alone pay his salary. that particular story came via rumours on twitter, where they stated Cheltenham were favourites to sign him "following his release" - which of course is not the case.
Thanks Regiment I didn't think it sounded likely, although I can assure you I didn't glean it from twitter whatever that may be (I'm nearly 60 you know!! ;-) )
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Vimto wrote:Thank you. I may go on to the main forum and ask the question as it seems not too many people use the banter board! Would Cheltenham be able to afford Zebroski's wages? I'm not sure what he's on but would assume he's one of your highest earners?

I'll see if I can find anything else out on the Main board, cheers!

Vimto, a warm welcome to our forum. If your posts are genuine and non-banterous you'll be made to feel very welcome on our Main Board, it's only Gashead1979 who seems unable to understand how it works.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Vimto
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vimto »

Thank you, everything I post will be genuine, I'm not here to disrespect you guys or your club. :-D

Looks like a deal for Zebroski won't be happening today. I must admit, after reading the thread on his transfer request on the Main Board that it may have been finalised today but obviously not!

The only small thing I have heard from our end is that apparently his agent wants quite a large fee himself, something we aren't willing to pay him. How true that is I'm not sure and it was around a week ago I heard that.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm a huge fan of Zebs and if you get him you'll be amazed at his workrate. Sure he looks clumsy on the ball at times but his bad games are generally better than most players good games. Don't expect a sublime looking footballer, but do expect someone who never stops trying, he would be a great signing for anyone in League 2.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Vimto
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vimto »

Unfortunately, 'players' and 'workrate' were non-existent for us last season, so it will great to see players who do put in 100% every week. I've got no doubt Zebroski will be one of those players and going by what you say, I'm confident he'd fit in with us and bring quality to our forward play.

I'm hopeful it will happen and I'd be very pleased if it did.