What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

No Matt, circumstances change as you well know. I've never known WHG to be wrong before ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

It's nailed on that Zebs is going to Bristol Rovers, correct ?

Because someone says something you believe them ? Believe it if you want. I'm different, I'll dig as deep in the sh't as necessary and if there's signed paperwork I'll find it.

Bearing in mind the above, Zebs is on the transfer list at his own request. How many of us have played for a side where in the close season the spine of the side has f'cked off ? One decent player left (you) and "garbage" lined up alongside. Season kicks-off with you going through the motions and a few results go your way in impressive style. You think, Hey ! There's the making of a good side here !

Transfer request withdrawn.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Trojan 67 wrote:It's nailed on that Zebs is going to Bristol Rovers, correct ?Because someone says something you believe them ? Believe it if you want. I'm different, I'll dig as deep in the sh't as necessary and if there's signed paperwork I'll find it.

Bearing in mind the above, Zebs is on the transfer list at his own request. How many of us have played for a side where in the close season the spine of the side has f'cked off ? One decent player left (you) and "garbage" lined up alongside. Season kicks-off with you going through the motions and a few results go your way in impressive style. You think, Hey ! There's the making of a good side here !

Transfer request withdrawn.
According to Guy Branston, Rovers could not get anywhere near the wages that he was getting at Torquay. If this is the case then surely they won't be able to match Zebs wages either?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Of perhaps they simply weren't prepared to offer Branston what we were? Maybe Buckle just didn't want him enough? I think it might be a different story with Zebs.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Wouldn't be at suprised if Zebs ended up at Swindon.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Swindon might be more of an option if they didn't have such an unpredictable manager in Paolo Di Canio. Somehow I just don't imagine him having any idea who Zebroski is. That said, they have signed Joe Devera (Free - Barnet) and Jonathan Smith (Free - York) [along with Raffaele De Vita (Free - Livingston) and Alberto Comazzi (Free - Spezia)], but for a big transfer fee, I'd imagine Bristol is a much more likely destination.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

EDIT to above,,,,

Zebs gone to Rovers for £150K according to TFF from a seemingly reliable source. £150K?

Err gotta be pretty pleased with that if it's true,,, one year left on his contract! fair play,, good buisness,,,,

Can't help feel Bristol Rovers deserve Buckle on one of those "pig ignorant I know best runs of eight matches (as he's prone to do now and again) and an out of form Zebs ,,,,lol anybody know where he's drinking on Friday 12th Aug? if you find out let me know.

The only thing I'm struggling with where did a skint Bristol Rovers get £150K from?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

If that gets confirmed, i think that's an excellent bit of business. I've been critical of our performance in transfer negotiations previously, but that would represent some decent work.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Agreed its a fair to good price if true, but still a very large hole to fill. Hope Ling can find a decent replacement.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

If that's true then I knew the board couldn't turn down a 150k offer. Mr Ling has a good job to do to find a replacement, I'm sure he will!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Talking to a few Rovers fans, they believe Kuffor is a part of the deal. If true i would be happy to see him back as he is a very quick player and can score goals.

I would be suprised if true, but would be very happy if it is. A decent replacment. I could see Bucks doing that though, selling on the players he hasnt brought in himself to make his own team.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Yes agree. With Bucks buying a whole new team basically I doubt Kuffour is in Bucks plans. The issue is Kuffour's wages. It was brought up on a different topic and I'm sure his wages are pretty big. But if that rumour is true I would love to see Kuffour back!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Vimto
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Zebs

Post by Vimto »

It's good to see he looks set to move to us. I'd be very pleased with the signing if it comes off.

I think, if the above is true, that it's a great deal all round. Rovers get the player Buckle clearly thinks will add quality to us and Torquay get a decent fee for a man with only 1-year left on his contract.

Sounds good. Although, I highly doubt JK will be part of the deal. His wages are pretty high. I think I'm right in saying that when he was at Bournemouth he took up around 25% of their wage bill and then when he signed for us we offered him even more. I'd like to keep Kuffour as I think he'd be a great weapon for us in League Two but I'm not sure if Buckle will keep him on.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

good bit of business that, how much do wycombe get out of the profit on £25k?
still keeping the faith
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

Out of interest, I'm sure it was stated sometime a go that Buckle himself would get a share of the profit from O'kane (i think?) when sold on if I remember correctly.

Was such an agreement also put in for other players i.e. Zebroski?

If so, it would be in Buckle's interest to pay as much as he can get away with at Rovers given he would profit personally from a high transfer fee.

This is speculation on my part of course, but I would have thought if such an agreement exists with O'Kane, I'd have thought Buckle would have done it with Zebroski as well - especially given how much he rates him.