Two Poss Signings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

rumurchap wrote: I am led to believe David Partridge may be close to joining the club as a player/coach. Ling had him at Orient and then took him to Cambridge..he has 7 caps for Wales and is currently unattached.
He sounds like a complete nutter. Mind you, so did Branno, I guess. Left sided centre back/left back cover. I would have thought with LRT, as well as Ellis, Robbo and Saah, plus Yeoman, we have his positions covered.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Yeoman? I hope you mean Palmer, rjc!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

God help us if any of these no necks sign on - we need a couple of QUALITY players.
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

From reading the East Fife forum, it seems that Boaby (another one!) Linn has agreed to stay on there next season - as they're only part time not sure how the contract situation is though.

It seems that he's a bit of a legend there, considered far too good for that standard and was expected to sign for Dundee.

Who knows? He might just be great for us.

It certainly is refreshing for us to be looking so far afield for potential signings!
....aka jmgull.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

NickGull wrote:Yeoman? I hope you mean Palmer, rjc!
That's the fella. :nod:
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Rjc70 wrote: He sounds like a complete nutter. Mind you, so did Branno, I guess. Left sided centre back/left back cover. I would have thought with LRT, as well as Ellis, Robbo and Saah, plus Yeoman, we have his positions covered.
The jury is very much still out on whether Rumurchap has any real info on potential signings but if Robbo is leaving then I suppose a move for this chap Partridge might make sense given that Ling did sign him for Cambridge United.

Not sure about his credentials as a player (most of his career spent in Scotland and Ireland) but even less so about his credentials to be a coach!!! I don't think going out on the lash nightclubbing, beating people up and serving time would be a particularly good example for our young pros to follow ..... :(
Last edited by CP Gull on 05 Jul 2011, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

CP Gull wrote:
Not sure about his credentials as a player (most of his career spent in Scotland and Ireland) but even less so about his credentials to be a coach!!! I don't think going out on the lash nightclubbing, beating people up and serving time would be a particularly good example for our young pros to follow ..... :(
Shame Zeb has gone they would have got on a treat =D
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Warwickgull wrote: Shame Zeb has gone they would have got on a treat =D
Erm, quite. :lol:
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Well we may, or may not, have been talking to Alan Martin - but either way, he is currently on trial with Crewe Alexandra.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Rumourchap's talking complete bollocks. Adam Ledgzins to Torquay is my favourite one so far. As CP said Martin on trial at Crewe & Bobby Linn at East Fife...? Well have to admire him for originality.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I think i alluded at the very start of this thread that Rumurchap was talking utter bull,not sure if he is a wind up merchant,or is getting his info from the pig who built his house from straw.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

forevertufc wrote:I think i alluded at the very start of this thread that Rumurchap was talking utter bull,not sure if he is a wind up merchant,or is getting his info from the pig who built his house from straw.

:rofl:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

As most know Taiwo Atieno is on trial with us and will be getting a chance against Tiverton and Bristol City. I found this video on Youtube and he doesnt look a bad player if im honest.

If he was to settle down and play he could be a very handy player. 6f2, Lots of pace, Good in the air from watching the video, comes deep to get the ball and takes players on and he can finish quite well. (Ling says on bbc sport that hes the quickets in the squad) http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14077162.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I feel if he trained hard and really worked to make it work, he could fit in and do well for us.

(Edit, found one from his luton days " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Wow, quickest in the squad, he must be sharpish then. I know a couple will disagree, but Macklin can go like a stabbed rat, and several other among our squad are quick.

So, as a bit of a straw poll, who is the fastest player you have ever seen live, need two answers, one with and one without the ball.

I will vote for Christiano Ronaldo without and (Ex-Fulham legend) Rufus Brevett (check spelling) with.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

tufcbrett wrote:As most know Taiwo Atieno is on trial with us and will be getting a chance against Tiverton and Bristol City. I found this video on Youtube and he doesnt look a bad player if im honest.

If he was to settle down and play he could be a very handy player. 6f2, Lots of pace, Good in the air from watching the video, comes deep to get the ball and takes players on and he can finish quite well. (Ling says on bbc sport that hes the quickets in the squad) http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14077162.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I feel if he trained hard and really worked to make it work, he could fit in and do well for us.

(Edit, found one from his luton days " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
Just one question to answer then. Minor point really. Does he know where the goal is...?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."