What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Richinns wrote: Christ - he does look old! How has that happend in a month?
:rofl: Looks like he's got grey hair!

Probably down to all the pollution and fumes you get living in the city, whereas down here it's clean and fresh. :~D
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Richinns wrote:
Would be interesting to know if Zeb was training with us today (its our first day back) or if he is 'elsewhere'. Suspect the latter.

Zebroski DIDN'T train today, as reported in the herald today. Everyone else did.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Yellow4life wrote:
Zebroski DIDN'T train today, as reported in the herald today. Everyone else did.
Well todays the day then
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
miagsygas
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by miagsygas »

Sorry to keep posting as i know you don't particularly like all the gasheads on here, but this was just posted on our forum. If true, i'd say I thought you were getting a hell of a lot more cash. There would have to be a huge sell on percentage etc for that to be right, but at the same time, i couldn't imagine the £150,000 being rumored being true either. Either was i imagine it'll be the dreaded 'undisclosed fee'.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol- ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

£35k upfront? - you are sh*tting me! that cannot be right - can it?
TUST member 328
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

thanks for the info miagsygas. we've no problem with you guys coming on here, provided it's related to the topic, sensible and respectful, which many of you have been, but there are the odd exceptions. ;-)

you're probably right, will no doubt be "undisclosed".
Brady

I Wish I Was There
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

There better be some ridiculously high clauses on that! £35k upfront sounds like we're being mugged.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

miagsygas wrote:Sorry to keep posting as i know you don't particularly like all the gasheads on here, but this was just posted on our forum. If true, i'd say I thought you were getting a hell of a lot more cash. There would have to be a huge sell on percentage etc for that to be right, but at the same time, i couldn't imagine the £150,000 being rumored being true either. Either was i imagine it'll be the dreaded 'undisclosed fee'.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol- ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We welcome fans of any club on here that post such as yourself, occasionally there are some who just seem intent on disrupting our Main Board but please feel welcome, we won't let a single idiot ruin things for everyone else.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
premierleaguegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Robertson

Post by premierleaguegull »

The poster underneath the article still can't spell Zebroski correctly! What is it with people that spell Zebroski 'Zebrowski'? Where do they get this spelling from? Lazy!

I know this isn't too important considering we're about to lose our best player, but it is inexplicable!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

A few on here still spell his name like that, even worse when you think how long he's been here.
Dave

Vimto
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Zebs

Post by Vimto »

35k would seem very cheap. Our Evening Post don't usually come out with statements like that as they usually take rumours from our forum, but they must be pretty confident to publish something like that.

According to Buckle all the players kept on have been enjoying training so far and he doesn't think any will leave imminently, probably ruling out any move for Kuffour at the moment.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:A few on here still spell his name like that, even worse when you think how long he's been here.
Dave - do you have any insight on the price - surely it cannot be 35k??
TUST member 328
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I'd be amazed if the figure is as low as that to be honest. We turned down more than that previously although as I said to Matt, circumstances change, in this case Zebs asked for a move, maybe the price is low to cater for something else within the deal?

I did chuckle though when someone mentioned £150k, we won't get anywhere near that unfortunately.
Dave

DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

If it is 35k up front i was wrong on my previous post, we've been fleeced!!! Problem with add-ons is that if he gets a big injury or he plays poorly and gets dropped we get nowt!!
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

35k does appear a little low but it is much more realistic than some of the figures being bandied about on here.
If we paid 25k for him why should he now be valued at 150k ?
He hasn't suddenly improved all he has shown is that he is a reasonable forward for League 2.Previous experience shows he is not quite League 1 standard hence the reason Wycombe got rid of him.
Just as bad as the fee IMO is the fact everyone knew he was going but it took a month for the person in charge of transfers at Torquay to agree such a low figure (probably what PB originally offered). This has cost the club another 5k in wages, yet another example of the bad management here.