What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

He should be valued nearer to £150k because without him our attacking options are Stevens, Halpin, Macklin, Kee and McPhee. He's our player, under contract with us, so his value is whatever we set it as.

Relegation costs £600k per season, before any lower revenues are taken into consideration.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gulliball wrote:He should be valued nearer to £150k because without him our attacking options are Stevens, Halpin, Macklin, Kee and McPhee. He's our player, under contract with us, so his value is whatever we set it as.

Relegation costs £600k per season, before any lower revenues are taken into consideration.
:O
Recruits needed!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

WHG wrote:35k does appear a little low but it is much more realistic than some of the figures being bandied about on here.
If we paid 25k for him why should he now be valued at 150k ?
He hasn't suddenly improved all he has shown is that he is a reasonable forward for League 2.Previous experience shows he is not quite League 1 standard hence the reason Wycombe got rid of him.
Just as bad as the fee IMO is the fact everyone knew he was going but it took a month for the person in charge of transfers at Torquay to agree such a low figure (probably what PB originally offered). This has cost the club another 5k in wages, yet another example of the bad management here.

No doubt the Cyprus jolly was the main focus at the time ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

35K??? I wouldn't be surprised one bit to be honest. This is Torquay we are talking about, the same club that allowed our manager to join Bristol Rovers when we're yet to play the playoffs. Too nice for our own good. 35k's just an absolute rip off.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

WHG wrote:35k does appear a little low but it is much more realistic than some of the figures being bandied about on here.
He hasn't suddenly improved all he has shown is that he is a reasonable forward for League 2.Previous experience shows he is not quite League 1 standard hence the reason Wycombe got rid of him.
I take your point but then again are the likes of Benyon, Rendell and Barnett (just joined Crawley from Macclesfield for £150k) any better equipped fro L1 football than Zebs - all of these went for much higher fees than the one we seem to have accepted - and I've no reason to believe it's not true.

Nice bit of business again by Mr Buckle don't think he would have got him on the cheap if Colin Lee was still in charge!!! When you think that you can pretty much guarantee that Zebs will play 46 games of 100% commitment and hard running as well as weighing in with 15 goals or more and any number of assists I think £35k is a relatively small price to pay.

That sort of figure isn't really going to make much of a difference to Martin Ling's budget either and I presume a slice of it will still need to go to Wycombe meaning we have barely made any sort of profit on him at all!!!

It will certainly be a difficult task replacing him .... over to you, Mr Ling.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

CP Gull wrote: I take your point but then again are the likes of Benyon, Rendell and Barnett (just joined Crawley from Macclesfield for £150k) any better equipped fro L1 football than Zebs - all of these went for much higher fees than the one we seem to have accepted - and I've no reason to believe it's not true.

Nice bit of business again by Mr Buckle don't think he would have got him on the cheap if Colin Lee was still in charge!!! When you think that you can pretty much guarantee that Zebs will play 46 games of 100% commitment and hard running as well as weighing in with 15 goals or more and any number of assists I think £35k is a relatively small price to pay.

That sort of figure isn't really going to make much of a difference to Martin Ling's budget either and I presume a slice of it will still need to go to Wycombe meaning we have barely made any sort of profit on him at all!!!

It will certainly be a difficult task replacing him .... over to you, Mr Ling.

If it wasn't for Colin Lee we could have sold Zebs for zilch and been better off financially ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Very true SG, very true ....
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Bristol Rovers press conference @ 3pm innit? I make that 10mins away. Bye Bye Zebs.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

In my opinion, he has improved a bit. He's got his career back on track, and he has added more to his game. He is now able to play anywhere in an attacking quartet, so is able to move around during a game to give defenders hell.

Maybe he has shown he's an average L2 striker, but look at Tyrone Barnett. A season in L2 with Macclesfield, they got £150k for him. Zebs scored more goals than him (15 to 13) which included Zebs playing on the wing for about 1/3 of those games.

I will be fuming if that £35k turns out to be true. What next? Eunan for £40k and a bag of peanuts?
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Cheers Zebs. Shame, but good luck, and you'll be missed (by me anyway).
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

the figure for Tyrone Barnett is an alleged figure. You will find out that it was considerably less, maybe even less than Zebs.
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

Our OS is on the ball too surprisingly.
Not too surprised about the undisclosed fee bit though. http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 94,00.html
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gutted - gone for peanuts it would seem.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

agree that we will miss him, but i can't bring myself to wish him good luck. i hope he falls flat on his face, along with his chum Buckle.
Brady

I Wish I Was There