What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

WHG wrote:the figure for Tyrone Barnett is an alleged figure. You will find out that it was considerably less, maybe even less than Zebs.
Maybe, maybe not ....

http://www.fansonline.net/macclesfieldt ... php?id=980
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Atleast we've got Andy Parkinson to come in & replace him! Problem sorted.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Love this part from our OS :-

"The Swindon-based forward handed in a transfer request last week and former Plainmoor boss Paul Buckle has moved swiftly to secure his services."

should it not read :-

"The Swindon-based forward handed in a transfer request last week but former Plainmoor boss Paul Buckle had already moved swiftly to secure his services back in January".
Brady

I Wish I Was There
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Slightly worried that even with Zebs gone, the suggestion on the OS is that ML is only looking for four more additions if I've read it right .... a back up goalie, a left sided midfielder/winger and just two more strikers ... doesn't seem enough to me? I would have thought we need THREE more strikers (we've only got Billy FFS) and still think another central midfielder would be nice although I admit we are rather overloaded in that department, in numbers if not necessarily in quality - we still lack a "Craig Stanley" in my opinion.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Especially when the BRFC website says they've been after him since "Day One", and have already had a bid turned down. Makes our statement seem a bit misleading.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Regiment wrote:Love this part from our OS :-

"The Swindon-based forward handed in a transfer request last week and former Plainmoor boss Paul Buckle has moved swiftly to secure his services."

should it not read :-

"The Swindon-based forward handed in a transfer request last week but former Plainmoor boss Paul Buckle had already moved swiftly to secure his services back in January".
Indeed. We seem to be Paul Buckle's rug. Disappointing.
Last edited by Richinns on 04 Jul 2011, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Well the Rovers site states that Paul Buckle stated his intention of signing Zebroski from 'Day One'. Not surprising as Zebroski is a good player particularly at League 2 level. When was 'Day One' though? First day at work at the Memorial Stadium, during the interview before our final league game of the season, or when he agreed to join before our play-offs? I've seen a lot of debate on our end of season but the right mental approach is essential in professional sport and the worst kept secret in the world would have disrupted our important preparations.

Anyway water under the bridge ... best of luck to Zebs (except against us!) and thanks for your help. The King is dead, Long live the Ling! ;-)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote:Slightly worried that even with Zebs gone, the suggestion on the OS is that ML is only looking for four more additions if I've read it right .... a back up goalie, a left sided midfielder/winger and just two more strikers ... doesn't seem enough to me? I would have thought we need THREE more strikers (we've only got Billy FFS) and still think another central midfielder would be nice although I admit we are rather overloaded in that department, in numbers if not necessarily in quality - we still lack a "Craig Stanley" in my opinion.
Could not agree more. Sends shivers down your spine if our choice of wingers are Macklin, Stevens, Halpin and one other. Especially if that one other turns out to be Parkinson. Thought he was right footed though?

We need two quality strikers, two quality wide men and an Stanley type midfielder minimal I would say.
TUST member 328
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

CP Gull wrote: Maybe, maybe not ....

http://www.fansonline.net/macclesfieldt ... php?id=980
Twitter as reliable as wiki :red:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We can't afford them, that's the stark reality.

I did warn everyone at the end of the season what was likely to happen.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I m pretty confident there isn t another club in the League that would have entertained selling their best player for £35k. We are a laughing stock. Is it any wonder Buckle is focussing his attention on our players? He wouldn t get bargains like that anywhere else.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

ok, in an attempt to cheer myself up about Zeb's departure, i'm thinking about the stupid penalty he gave away and subsequent red card he received against Crawley, thus spoiling any chance we had of a dream tie away to Man Utd. yeah, good riddance, i feel better now. :'(
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Firstly, I'd like to echo the appreciation for Zebs' contribution over the last couple of years. Shame he couldn't end it with a good performance and goal at Old Trafford, but he was my POTS and he never gave less than 100% for us.

Ling's comments about looking to add 4 players are concerning, and the attacking additions he makes will need to be crucial injections of quality. A couple of young gems we're less familiar in the Jamie Ward mould wouldn't go amiss right now, with our lack of numbers, and seeming budget restraints.

As for the winger-situation, Manse's Twitter comment: 'midfield place could be on the cards and not just in the centre !!!' makes me think we'll start the season with a midfield consisting of the new left winger, O'Kane, McPhee and Manse. If that's the case, let's hope the LW can provide the pace and attacking threat Manse's industry may not be able to compensate for.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Chris B wrote:Firstly, I'd like to echo the appreciation for Zebs' contribution over the last couple of years. Shame he couldn't end it with a good performance and goal at Old Trafford, but he was my POTS and he never gave less than 100% for us.

Ling's comments about looking to add 4 players are concerning, and the attacking additions he makes will need to be crucial injections of quality. A couple of young gems we're less familiar in the Jamie Ward mould wouldn't go amiss right now, with our lack of numbers, and seeming budget restraints.

As for the winger-situation, Manse's Twitter comment: 'midfield place could be on the cards and not just in the centre !!!' makes me think we'll start the season with a midfield consisting of the new left winger, O'Kane, McPhee and Manse. If that's the case, let's hope the LW can provide the pace and attacking threat Manse's industry may not be able to compensate for.
Manse as a right winger? thats as barmy as Hargreaves at Centre Half :@
Last edited by Richinns on 04 Jul 2011, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

if this boy from Newcastle is as quick and adventurous as has been mentioned, maybe manse sitting in on the right while Leadbitter bombs on might work. not ideal, but it looks like we might be filling in gaps judging by the options we have available at present.
Brady

I Wish I Was There