Robertson next for transfer list

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

AndyC wrote:Joe Anyinsah was the signing they were being promised today - not Robbo as most had expected/guessed at.
What sort of player budget has he been given?? Must be paying some wages for him! Got to say that is a good signing for this level (much as it pains me!).
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

AndyC wrote:Joe Anyinsah was the signing they were being promised today - not Robbo as most had expected/guessed at.
That would be another seriously good signing! You've got to admire Buckle (said through gritted teeth) at the way he has put together such a squad packed full with quality players at this level in such a short space of time. He must have literally been working his socks off over the last month or so. :devil:
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

CP Gull wrote:That would be another seriously good signing! You've got to admire Buckle (said through gritted teeth) at the way he has put together such a squad packed full with quality players at this level in such a short space of time. He must have literally been working his socks off over the last 6 months or so. :devil:
o:)
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

confirmed on the rovers OS now about anyinsah

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/page/Lat ... 06,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

12th signing !!! buckle then goes on to say :-

"His signing means that we are close to completing our squad for the beginning of the new season."

CLOSE to completing !! bloody hell.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Regiment wrote:confirmed on the rovers OS now about anyinsah

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/page/Lat ... 06,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"His signing means that we are close to completing our squad for the beginning of the new season."

Good that mean we are close to not losing anymore players
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Regiment wrote:confirmed on the rovers OS now about anyinsah

They are widely reported of wanting another centre back who can cover at right back. Guess who Buckle has got planned fo that!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Been watching him for the last two years if you believe his comments.

Must have been preparing for his Gas move a lot longer that we had thought, or are these other signings he is making the ones we 'couldn't afford'.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Richinns wrote: They are widely reported of wanting another centre back who can cover at right back. Guess who Buckle has got planned fo that!
If Robbo is going to go, then i would seriously like him to be signed and gone by today or tomorrow. No point sitting around waiting.
Once hes gone then Mr Ling can bring him his replacement. Rather give Ling a few weeks to find someone than a few days.

I would love robbo to stay but its football who knows
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

It's amazing what can be achieved with a (relative to the opposition) decent budget. Buckle has had two jobs, and benefitted both times. They say it's better to be a lucky manager than a good manager...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Fonda wrote:It's amazing what can be achieved with a (relative to the opposition) decent budget. Buckle has had two jobs, and benefitted both times. They say it's better to be a lucky manager than a good manager...
It's a good point and how lucky was he (Buckle) not to get the Rovers job back in January !!!

If he had of got it then, with the transfer window closed and only loanees and free agents available to strengthen his squad and very little room to manoeuvre given that they apparently they had a sizeable, overpaid but underperforming squad of players ..... would Buckle really have been able to turn things around relying only on his managerial abilities, tactical nous etc .... personally, I very much doubt it and it begs the question whether he would have suffered the same fate as poor old Dave Penney who was never really given much of a chance to put his own stamp on the side.

Far better for him to take the job on in the summer with around 15 or so players out of contract and a chance to bring in his own men and almost completely rebuild the team. I wonder what Dave Penney makes of it all!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

To be honest, I don't really care who Bristol Rovers have in their team, beyond how it impacts us. I fervently hope they fail miserably, but if they don't, well, that's football and we'll move on.

I seem to remember looking at Northampton's starting XI last season and thinking they looked a bit tasty, and we all know how that turned out..
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree happytorq. Last season you could look at the squads of teams like Northampton, Rotherham and Vale and look what happened to them.Yeah Rovers have got a couple of really good players but a lot of run of the mill ones too. A bit like ourselves so we've got no need to worry just yet. Lets see what happens with robbo and our strikeforce first before some of you decide that we are gonna be annihilated at the Mem.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

happytorq -are you in a friggin dreamworld or what. Buckle has a squad that will walk this league. I don't like it anymore than the next man - i hope the slimey little **** falls flat on his arse. But the plain fact is staring you right in the face - with have a completely crap squad - Buckle has a dream squad.
That = promotion for Bristol Rovers and relegation for us unles Ling,the board, Kendo Nagasaki or some **** gets out and signs a couple of players who are going to keep us in this league. AND THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF IT HAPPENING !!!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

There are, I m sure, quite a lot of things happening behind the scenes that we have no idea what it's about. I have no doubt that Ling will have a team ready for the start of the season, if not a bit before.

Brucie - How do you know that Rovers will walk this league? Yes they have signed a lot of good players but they might not even gel together and play well on a weekly basis!?

I don t understand why people are worrying so much now. If the situation we are in now was a week away from the start of the football season then yes I would be worried, but we've got a month to sign players and to get a team together. I m not worrying just yet!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

brucie wrote:happytorq -are you in a friggin dreamworld or what. Buckle has a squad that will walk this league. I don't like it anymore than the next man - i hope the slimey little t**t falls flat on his arse. But the plain fact is staring you right in the face - with have a completely crap squad - Buckle has a dream squad.
That = promotion for Bristol Rovers and relegation for us unles Ling,the board, Kendo Nagasaki or some **** gets out and signs a couple of players who are going to keep us in this league. AND THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF IT HAPPENING !!!
We are not going down, there are sides in the league that are worse off than we are.
- Accy have lost all there key players, they look more bleak than us. But i wouldnt rule them out of it.
- Macc have lost there only real goalscorer.
- Cheltenham are not looking brilliant.
- Wimbledon have added okish players but lost their decent ones.
- Barnet are barnet
- Burton are a dogey team to predict, but cant see them doing very well again
- Then we got the Hereford and aldershot (without morgan there only real goalscorer)

I would say all them teams are worse off than we are. Yes we have not got team to win the league or go for playoffs. But its a side that wont go down.
We will sign more players that will add something.

Id rather be where we are at the moment than all the teams above. I would happily make a £100 bet that we wont go down if you are so confident.
Last edited by tufcbrett on 06 Jul 2011, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.