Championship striker

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
shepchenko10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Championship striker

Post by shepchenko10 »

So Martin Ling has offered a contract to a striker who was with a championship club last season. Anyone willing to guess? As an absolute guess i'll go for Abdulai Bell-Baggie released by Reading. Prob wrong though
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I just deleted my thread on this! :)

Romane Rose is my gamble!
Last edited by Yellow4life on 12 Jul 2011, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Yellow4life wrote:I just deltas my thread on this! :)

Romane Rose is my gamble!
Rose is mine too, not sure of any more players been released by championship clubs. Inless its anyone we agreed a fee with?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

David Mooney is my guess purely because the London meet and the fact other clubs are interested. Though I'm probably completley wrong. Though Rose is a decent shout....Isnt Bell Baggie a winger though?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The fact that we went after Francisco Sandaza (what a signing that would of been) raises my expectations of the calibre of player Ling is looking to bring in. Fingers crossed but expect something more exciting than Romone Rose.

Hopefully the fella we are talking to agrees and we soon have something to get the season ticket sales on the rise.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
shepchenko10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by shepchenko10 »

think he wud be a good signing i remember when he tore Anthony Tonkin apart at Oxford before being taken off after Macklins red card. Cant play wide or up front so would give good attacking options. Good pace bit of flair definetly worth a deal in my view
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

I have no problem with bringing Rose in, but expect a more exciting addition if we were talking to the likes of Sandaza.
TUST member 328
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

AlexGulls wrote:David Mooney is my guess purely because the London meet and the fact other clubs are interested. Though I'm probably completley wrong. Though Rose is a decent shout....Isnt Bell Baggie a winger though?
If David Mooney was to join us, id be very happy. Had a good goal scoring record in league 1. Would be very handy in league 2.
I guess we wont have a clue, Ling could have found someone decent.

Not a bad point there Richinns, but whooooo?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Mooney would be a great signing.
TUST member 328
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Richinns wrote:The fact that we went after Francisco Sandaza (what a signing that would of been) raises my expectations of the calibre of player Ling is looking to bring in. Fingers crossed but expect something more exciting than Romone Rose.

Hopefully the fella we are talking to agrees and we soon have something to get the season ticket sales on the rise.
I agree. The very fact that we tried for Sendoza has raised my expectations somewhat as to the calibre of player we may be looking at.

I'm not suggesting that any of these are necessarily realistic but if it was to be a "marquee" signing then there are a few "names" who are currently free agents that we could be looking at ...

Steve Brooker (Doncaster); Chris Porter and Michael Boulding (Derby); Pablo Counago (Crystal Palace) and as mentioned above David Mooney (Reading) would all be quality signings at this level I reckon but none of them would come particularly cheap albeit there would be no transfer fee involved. That said we have offloaded our top earner (Zebs) and (presumably) we also have some, if not all, of the transfer fee to add back into the budget.
Last edited by CP Gull on 12 Jul 2011, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

RORY FALLON
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Warwickgull wrote:RORY FALLON
Championship?
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

CP Gull wrote: Championship?
Played for Ipswich on loan at the end of the season, this may qualify him as championship in Lings pie eyes :lol:
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
shepchenko10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by shepchenko10 »

or Kiernan Hughes-Mason released from Millwall currently on yrial at Yeovil Town
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Can't see us affording Mooney, Sandaza and Porter if I'm being honest but they'd be a coup for the club to show we mean business.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14