Most influential player ..come next May

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hellsgut
New Signing
New Signing

Most influential player ..come next May

Post by hellsgut »

Having now seen the core of what is going to be our squad for the coming season..Just wandered before we have hardly seen a ball kicked which players come next May we will be likely to be praising the most.

I personally think that Rene will turn out to be the surprise package with Manse having his best ever season.

just a thought & will be intersting to compare with a couple of months down the line.

Yellllllllllllllllllllllows
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Brian Saah for me. But then after one pre-season game a couple of years ago, i predicted Tyrone Thompson would prove to be a shrewd piece of business...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

olly the goalie......by the way Fonda congrats on your 1000 th post
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

kingsgull wrote:olly the goalie......by the way Fonda congrats on your 1000 th post
Cheers mate. Probably as many as half-a-dozen of them were worth reading! =D
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Brian Saah - quality signing.

If I had to put money now on our Player of the Year for this season .... it would be on this guy. :nod:
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Fonda wrote: Cheers mate. Probably as many as half-a-dozen of them were worth reading! =D
That many? ;-)

Agree though that Saah will be our most influential player!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Eunan with Saah a close second.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Bobby, Saah, Manse, Eunan first ones come to mind. Oastler, Nico even Howe maybe?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

A January loan signing. Has been each season since our return to the Football League ;-)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I expect a very short and sarcastic reply from brucie but here goes!

I have a feeling Macklin (the forgotten man on a three year contract!) will be the surprise player of the season. He has all the attributes and before he broke his leg he was predicted for a big future. Since then he really has not had a look in (Buckle seemed to think Kee would be a better winger!!!) and with a bit of form and some playing time I have a feeling his quality will return and he will start to frighten the life out of left backs with his pace and power.

Big call but just have a sneaky feeling on this one.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Richinns wrote:I expect a very short and sarcastic reply from brucie but here goes!

I have a feeling Macklin (the forgotten man on a three year contract!) will be the surprise player of the season. He has all the attributes and before he broke his leg he was predicted for a big future. Since then he really has not had a look in (Buckle seemed to think Kee would be a better winger!!!) and with a bit of form and some playing time I have a feeling his quality will return and he will start to frighten the life out of left backs with his pace and power.

Fair to say you've backed an outsider there Rich! Fingers crossed it proves an inspired choice. :)
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

Eunan!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Richinns wrote:I expect a very short and sarcastic reply from brucie but here goes!

In fairness, he is right.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

ferrarilover wrote: In fairness, he is right.

Matt.
Give the guy a break Matt :lol:
He needs time and confidence, he will be a decent winger. His pace is something we could really use.
The rest of his game is slowly getting there, thats what training does every day.
ferrarilover wrote: If only, IF ONLY, it were somehow possible for people to do something, repeatedly, over a long period of time and improve their performance accordingly. Imagine the world we would live in if people could improve upon their natural talent with hard wok and practice.

It'll never happen of course. In fact, there is not a single recorded example in the history of the earth to back up this radical suggestion, but hey, a fella can dream.

Matt.
So you make a valid point over Rice, but because it Macklin he cant improve ;-)
I agree with Richinns Macklin will shock a fair few people.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

For me, Macklin lacks a football brain. Yes, he has blistering pace but his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. There's little benefit in continiually blazing past the full-back, if you don't what to do once you're past him. Whenever i see him start a run, i think of Forrest Gump. "Run Lloyd"!