morris

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

yeah like that signing it seams a few clubs wanted him yet we won the race so we now have a proper left sided midfielder and proper right back well done mr ling
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

ferrarilover wrote:This would NOT disappoint me Silver, good shout.

Matt.

Russian... What?
Perhaps in spanish = Quizás
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Very happy to see Morris sign. A left footed winger will be good to have. I always did feel we were lacking that since Hilly left.

I feel that seems to be Ling finished if Atenio signs. I would like to see 1 more stiker and maybe 1 more centre mid come in. Even if they were to be on loan. But i am happy with the squad, looking around it looks stronger than a fair few teams in the league.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Agreed that this looks like a brilliant signing. Think Ling has built a pretty good side now, I honestly don't feel we are much, if at all weaker than last season.

Expecting Atieno to sign but agree also that another striker would be good. Think we need someone else because I think Kee could be hit or miss, and I think McPhee will play a lot more in midfield than anywhere else. I'd be more than happy with a loan striker coming in.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

I would be interested to See McPhee play in the middle of the park in one of the friendlies, either alongside Mansell or O'Kane. I think anymore signings made are more likely to be made via Loan which I have no problem with, if they are done this way at least they can be ditched if they turn into another jake Thomson
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

I think, we could buy another permanent striker.. I think we could get a right winger on loan and if needed a striker on loan, then I feel we are strong enough for the full season, we have a good squad now and it is starting to really come together, I dont think we'll miss Stanley as much as people say,
Mansell can:
Tackle, hold the midfield, pass, run box to box the whole game, mansell is a tank and he will do all the work, Eunan is one of the best passers that have been at our club alongside Alex Russel ect.

If we can get a benyon style striker we will be fine for attack, but now I think 1 more winger will be perfect :)
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Further credit to Ling and anyone else at the club that made this signing happen. another excellent addition. well done ML.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Smashing signing by Ling. Look at Morris' record, played 92 games for Scunthorpe during one of the most (if not the most) successful periods of their history. All this talk of him not being quick isn't an issue - as someone rightly pointed out he sounds like he'll be a younger Wayne Carlisle.

If and when Atieno signs, I think that'll be our business done and dusted for the summer. Like most on here, ideally I'd like to have seen a right-winger and forward also join but I guess the budget can only go so far. If signing the likes of Rice has enabled us to bring in players with this sort of pedigree then its business well done.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Jeff wrote: If signing the likes of Rice has enabled us to bring in players with this sort of pedigree then its business well done.
Is the way I see it too.

Let's face it, we could have signed someone like say Alan Martin (only mention his name as rumurchap seemed to think we were in talks) and I'm sure he's a decent keeper - it looks very much as though he will probably sign for Crewe after having been on trial there for the last couple of weeks - but the point I'm making is that I doubt he would have come particularly cheap and it could just be that if we had of signed him we would only have room left in the budget for say an Andy Parkinson as a left sided midfielder (as suggested by teeboo) who may well have been quite a bit cheaper than Ian Morris.

So, given the choice between Martin and Parkinson or Rice and Morris, I know which I would prefer.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

RussianGull wrote: Perhaps in spanish = Quizás
Show-off in English = RussianGull.

How many languages do you speak, Ivan?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Great work Mr Ling! A great signing and I'm sure that the fans that were worrying beforehand are starting to relax a bit now. Especially if Atieno signs soon. The side seems to be coming together! Really can't wait for the season to start now!

:) :)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
shepchenko10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by shepchenko10 »

like most on here very pleased but i agree that we are maybe a right winger and a striker short as Yeoman and Spear are not up to it. I wud stil like to see us stretch and a least give Romone Rose a trial or a 6 month prove yourself deal. He looked like a player with potential and he scored a good goal against morecambe and tore Anthony Tonkin to pieces at Oxford before being taken off due to Macklin's red card. Injuries hampered his stay but he's a player with talent and wouldn't cost a massive amount in terms of wages. And don't forget can play up front and wide on the right. For me he wud be the final piece of the jigsaw along with Atieno.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Good signing. Would agree we need another Striker as Spear and Yeoman wont be quite ready just yet but bringing them in slowly will definatley help. Nice intro by Morris on the OS setting his standards high.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This appear to be another good signing from a proper football manager,top work Lingy. :clap:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Very happy with this. Can't claim to know much about him, but like Olejnik he seems to have a good pedigree. Sometimes you just get a feeling about a player, and i think this lad will prove a great aquisition. As alluded to earlier, perhaps it was the recruitment of Rice that meant there was enough budget to bring a player of this quality on the left wing. Can't believe anyone would think that bad business. A left-footed left-winger. Whatever next. We might actually take the field with every player in their natural position next season. How novel.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."