The price of League 2 football

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

The price of League 2 football

Post by kevgull »

Torquay are one of the very best clubs in the league!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14367362.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:clap: :scarf: :bow: :scarf:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Shameful to see Gillingham so far down that list considering the facilities they offer to away fans.

No surprise to see Oxford as one of the more expensive, but at least their stadium offers more comfortable surroundings.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Interesting article from the bbc sport website. Apparently, Torquay are the 2nd cheapest side to support in League Two this season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14365145.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14367362.stm
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Not if you live in somerset like me =Z o well i still try to get down once a month
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

I think that it is misleading to base the cost on a £10 ticket that is only available to members that have paid a joining fee.

The survey should be based on the full ‘pay as you go’ price for adult entry to a Cat A game.

That being said I am sure that we would still come out near the top of the heap.

Increasingly football is a commodity that is sold on the basis of supply and demand. Hence some Premiersh1te clubs have no qualms about fleecing their fans with £100 tickets, whilst TUFC have to play a cleverer balancing game.

The working man’s game no more?
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I would say they have based this on the average between each club lowest price and higest price ticket,which is the right way to do it.

I have heard many around plainmoor slagging the board off for the price's they charge,and a few on here saying to get more fan's in the club have lower the price's,what this proves is 1,what the actual going rate for league 2 football is.2,that what i and a few other's have saying all along,Torquay is one of the more fairer in term's of price's in league 2.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

IMHO nobody should be paying above £15 for a bog standard seat or terrace spot for league 2 football home or away. If premium seats are available then yes add on a supplement but for the cheap seats (or steps!) then no more than £15. Every clu that goes over this ( most of them) are actually ripping off their fans and should at least offer a ticket deal whereby if you pay for 10 games then you get a free ticket for any league match.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Threads merged.
Dave

sonofwod
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by sonofwod »

i don't know if this needs a separate thread, or indeed has been discussed elsewhere (i can't find it if it has). but i heard about this on talksport yesterday and it seems, on the face of it, an incredibly good idea;

http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets

£100 per season ticket (£50 for kids), based on the condition that 4,000 were sold (they've sold 5,700) guarantees somewhere around £500k income (not sure how many were kid's tickets) and then they've got to be hoping that if at least 70% of holders turn up every game, the match day revenue will plug the gap left by the bargain tickets. It's a gamble, but their chairman gave an intelligent interview and it seems they have done their homework to make it a calculated gamble. At very least, they atmosphere should be good!

I applaud this initiative and I wonder how a similar sort of scheme, taking into account things like differing capacities, bottom lines, playing budgets etc might work at Plainmoor, both in terms of revenue and in getting more people through the door, as everyone always agrees is the priority. these ideas are no doubt discussed by supporters of lower league clubs up and down the land, but hats off to the monkeyhangers for having the courage to actually do it.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Unfortunately, if we offered season tickets for £100, we couldn't expect to sell more than about 1,500 at the very most. Not really cost effective with those kind of numbers.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I'd be interested to get some kind of picture from the club about what percentage of our income comes from gate receipts. I'd imagine it's quite a lot, and that's why they've been understandably reluctant to drop ticket prices. But if we get more people in the gate (and get them excited!) we'd probably make more money from ancillary stuff like shirt sales, scarves etc. That's where we should be trying to generate extra income. Hell, maybe something as simple as an offer where if you, I dunno, buy 4 match tickets at once (for the family!) you get a coupon for £5 off in the club shop. Something like that.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The think we're battling, Happy, the same thing we always end up with in threads of this nature, is total and absolute apathy from all those in the area. People plainly and simply don't give a toss about the club.
The South West has no sporting heritage or desire. It's not like the Manchester area where people like for sports, down here, we p[refer other things, like complaining about northerners and growing beards.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Matt, i'm a northerner who has a beard so should i throw all my energy into slating southerners and gooin t'seetsheepin'topfield?! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

"Can't afford this, can't afford that, can't afford the other."

Why ?

"Unemployment, reduced hours/income, higher wages driven down to minimum wage using "recession" as an excuse, apathy, loss of interest . . . . .

The bigger picture suggests it's more than the price of League 2 football :nod:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"