Calling British Gas

General chat about anything else goes here.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

stefano wrote:I am sure that Dominic (BG) will be forthcoming on his promised bet although his post after our win at the Mem was disingenuous, albeit few saw it because most of you were at the Mem and before you got back we had a tsunami wiping out everything that had been written. Although I am confident he will come forth in respect of the game at the Mem I am more concerned about his bet that Rovers will be Premiership in 5 years. My ass! I've been following football for bloody years and remember the Rovers team featuring legends like Jarman and Biggs, but they were never near the top division and never will be.

Bristol City of course have been in the top division and of course if anybody is going to do it from that city with the wierd accents, then it will be Brizzle Citee! ;-)
Stef

It wasn't disingenous, I praised you on your win, although I felt the Gas deserved more from the game.

I didn't bet that Rovers would be in The Premiership at all, I dont know why you decided to make that up???....What I did say was that Rovers would be in The Championship and I bet that we would be 2 divisions above Torquay in that time.

As for Bristol C*ty, yes you are correct they were in the top flight, but they did it with money they did not have and lasted 2 years, and within 5 years they were bankrupt and languising rock bottom of the whole football league. Just like they are doing now, splashing money they dont have, and they are one of the worst run, most in debt clubs in the entire country, Dont be surprised if they go the same way as Argyle in the near future.

As for us, once the new UWE Stadium is built, we will have a chance of progressing to where we want to be, obviously our current home stops us from doing that, but if the likes of Reading, Hull, Swansea et al can do it then Bristol Rovers certainly can.

Onwards and Upwards :~D
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

BritishGAS wrote: Stef

It wasn't disingenous, I praised you on your win, although I felt the Gas deserved more from the game.

I didn't bet that Rovers would be in The Premiership at all, I dont know why you decided to make that up???....What I did say was that Rovers would be in The Championship and I bet that we would be 2 divisions above Torquay in that time.

As for Bristol C*ty, yes you are correct they were in the top flight, but they did it with money they did not have and lasted 2 years, and within 5 years they were bankrupt and languising rock bottom of the whole football league. Just like they are doing now, splashing money they dont have, and they are one of the worst run, most in debt clubs in the entire country, Dont be surprised if they go the same way as Argyle in the near future.

As for us, once the new UWE Stadium is built, we will have a chance of progressing to where we want to be, obviously our current home stops us from doing that, but if the likes of Reading, Hull, Swansea et al can do it then Bristol Rovers certainly can.

Onwards and Upwards :~D
Hi BG .... Hope you are feeling better now. The first rule of journalism is of course never to let the truth get in the way of a good story! (I'm not a journalist by the way).

However what you did say and the bit I was referring to is on Page 3 of the thread 'Buckle Could be a Big Mistake' on the Banter Board, as follows:-

BG: "I will be happy to come back to this thread in 5 years time to see where both clubs are. I will put a wager on with you if you like that we will be at least 2 divisions above Torquay at that time."

As we intend to be an established League 1 club by then you will have to be Premiership to be 2 divisions above us, and you did say at least 2 divisions suggesting that even if we stay where we are in League 2 you could be looking down on us from the Premiership.

See you at Wembley in May .... ;-)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Well played Stef.

This all puts me in mind of a couple of things I read on other boards I have a scout around on last year.

I remember distinctly that, after we had embarassed Vale on their own patch by beating them much more comfortably than the 2-1 scoreline suggested, one of their supporters wrote "...we will finish many, many points ahead of Torquay."
My other favourite comes from the mutant following of AC Northampton, who, on a rant typical of the whole club, vomited forth the following: "Torquay are rubbish, they'll be back in the non league where they belong and they will NOT make the playoffs."
The last time a man was that wrong? PEACE IN OUR TIME!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Kinky John Fowler »

stefano wrote: Bristol City of course have been in the top division and of course if anybody is going to do it from that city with the wierd accents, then it will be Brizzle Citee! ;-)
:~D Heh heh, you wiley ol fox Stefano.

You knew you could flush him out by prodding the surface of the pond with the old 'City have had more success than you' stick. Good thinking, even though we are MILES from being good enough for the Prem
Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Kinky John Fowler »

BritishGAS wrote:[
Firstly, hope your feeling better BritishGAS

Secondly, I agree that we have spent too much money in the pursuit of top flight football and that if Lansdown ever decides to pull the plug we are in deep sh*t, however when we were last in the top flight (weve been there twice btw) we lasted 4 years not 2. I know its not the first time that you have blatently lied on here but do a bit of research mate cos at the end of the day, it may not be much to write home about but its better than y..:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Just to confirm that I've now received the cheque from BritishGas and will pass it on to the TUST tomorrow. Never doubted him for a minute :)

As above, hope you're feeling a lot better now, cheers mate.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Southampton Gull wrote:Just to confirm that I've now received the cheque from BritishGas and will pass it on to the TUST tomorrow. Never doubted him for a minute :)

As above, hope you're feeling a lot better now, cheers mate.
It has to clear first :scarf:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

You can drop it into me at my emporium at Yate on Tuesday if you like. Saves the stamp and I can pass it on when I go to Plainmoor on tuesday Night. I am in all day on Monday. Kettles always on Footy banter a must
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843