Craig Stanley

General chat about anything else goes here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Southampton Gull wrote:Most men of a certain age still living with their mother enjoy the same hobby ;-)
But usually only when said mother is at bingo.

Or watching Emmerdale.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Both British gas and Gashead1979 sum up a proportiuon of our fans who seem unable to see a footballer or understand that players will have bad games and will be crucified by some fans for it. I saw Zebrowski at Orient and he was brilliant and the same could be said of Stanley against Watford.They are both good playeres at this level and I am sure as the season moves on we will see the best of them. Personally I wish British Gas and Gashead 1979 were Torquay fans!! On second thoughts I wouldnt wish them on yourselves...lets say Crawley or Northampton or Bristol City!!! I feel very ashamed of some of our fans who have not helped some of the new players to settle.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

To be fair to them, they both vehemently defend your Club and this is the Banter Board afterall. I wouldn't take their comments on here too literally.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

friendlygas wrote:Both British gas and Gashead1979 sum up a proportiuon of our fans who seem unable to see a footballer or understand that players will have bad games and will be crucified by some fans for it. I saw Zebrowski at Orient and he was brilliant and the same could be said of Stanley against Watford.They are both good playeres at this level and I am sure as the season moves on we will see the best of them. Personally I wish British Gas and Gashead 1979 were Torquay fans!! On second thoughts I wouldnt wish them on yourselves...lets say Crawley or Northampton or Bristol City!!! I feel very ashamed of some of our fans who have not helped some of the new players to settle.
Slag off your own fans and yet you can't even spell "Zebroski" correctly :na: :-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

friendlygas wrote:Both British gas and Gashead1979 sum up a proportiuon of our fans who seem unable to see a footballer or understand that players will have bad games and will be crucified by some fans for it. I saw Zebrowski at Orient and he was brilliant and the same could be said of Stanley against Watford.They are both good playeres at this level and I am sure as the season moves on we will see the best of them. Personally I wish British Gas and Gashead 1979 were Torquay fans!! On second thoughts I wouldnt wish them on yourselves...lets say Crawley or Northampton or Bristol City!!! I feel very ashamed of some of our fans who have not helped some of the new players to settle.
Friendlygas, They are my opinions which I am entitled to, Likewise you are with yours.

I have stated that I hope they get better once they have settled in, but both have not been at the races this season. You have mentioned 2 games where both Zebroski and Stanley have had a good game, I wasn't at the Orient game so I cannot comment on that, and granted Zebroski scored a good goal, I was at the Watford game and I thought Stanley had a decent game, the side as a whole played well that night. However that is 1 game for the both of them in 8. That is nothing to shout out about.

Both of them have been extremely poor for me, and both dont deserve to be in the starting line up, when Anyinsah is fit, he and Carayol should be on the flanks, and Wayne Brown should definatly be ahead of Stanley that is a no brainer.

To say that you wish myself and Gashead1979 were not Rovers fans is completely uncalled for, just because we have different opinions to your's.

Quite frankly, your type are the ones that get right on my nerves, slagging off fellow fans for having different opinions, and always having a wishy washy everythings great attitude when clearly it isn't.

I have stated god knows how many times that it is a new team and it is going to take a while for them all to settle in, but that still doesn't mean that I should just accept players to be playing shite every week and hope that they do eventually come good in the future(Although I do hope that is the case obviously :~D )

Zebroski was Buckles marquee signing and I know it is not Zebroski's fault that he cost what he did, but the spotlight is going to be on him more because he actually cost a few quid, and he has not looked like he is worth any of it.

So please carry on in your everything is always rosey bubble, if you wish, but dont ever judge me and tell me I should support somebody else in future :-D

Gasheads arguing amongst themselves on Torquay's forum, I guess that is another stick for you Gulls to hit Buckle with :~D
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

BritishGAS wrote: Friendlygas, They are my opinions which I am entitled to, Likewise you are with yours.

I have stated that I hope they get better once they have settled in, but both have not been at the races this season. You have mentioned 2 games where both Zebroski and Stanley have had a good game, I wasn't at the Orient game so I cannot comment on that, and granted Zebroski scored a good goal, I was at the Watford game and I thought Stanley had a decent game, the side as a whole played well that night. However that is 1 game for the both of them in 8. That is nothing to shout out about.

Both of them have been extremely poor for me, and both dont deserve to be in the starting line up, when Anyinsah is fit, he and Carayol should be on the flanks, and Wayne Brown should definatly be ahead of Stanley that is a no brainer.

To say that you wish myself and Gashead1979 were not Rovers fans is completely uncalled for, just because we have different opinions to your's.

Quite frankly, your type are the ones that get right on my nerves, slagging off fellow fans for having different opinions, and always having a wishy washy everythings great attitude when clearly it isn't.

I have stated god knows how many times that it is a new team and it is going to take a while for them all to settle in, but that still doesn't mean that I should just accept players to be playing shite every week and hope that they do eventually come good in the future(Although I do hope that is the case obviously :~D )

Zebroski was Buckles marquee signing and I know it is not Zebroski's fault that he cost what he did, but the spotlight is going to be on him more because he actually cost a few quid, and he has not looked like he is worth any of it.

So please carry on in your everything is always rosey bubble, if you wish, but dont ever judge me and tell me I should support somebody else in future :-D

Gasheads arguing amongst themselves on Torquay's forum, I guess that is another stick for you Gulls to hit Buckle with :~D
If you ever had time to go on your own forum then you would be used to different opinions expressed amongst Rovers fans .... and I liked Paul Buckle so I don't see what you are getting at there ;-)
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

stefano wrote: If you ever had time to go on your own forum then you would be used to different opinions expressed amongst Rovers fans .... and I liked Paul Buckle so I don't see what you are getting at there ;-)
I am consistently on our Alternative Forum Stef, but there are certainly no comments like the ones made by Friendly Gas on there, So I dont see your point?

Fair play Stef, You liked Buckle, nice of you to admit that, but you must realise you are a bit of an outsider with that view :)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

Yes you are right Dominic (BG) I am in the minority in being appreciative of Paul Buckle. I do though understand why quite a lot of supporters don't like him or rate him and I was less than happy at the manner of his leaving. To join another club just as we were qualifying for the play-offs (the worst kept secret in the World) was bound to have an unsettling affect on the players in the important games to come. Overall though he joined us at a time when we had just got relegated to the Conference and had only about four players signed on, got us to the play-offs in his first season and promoted in the second, and in the two seasons back in the Football League first of all consolidated our position with a storming finish and then reached the play-offs. Add to that reaching the FA Trophy final at Wembley and some good FA Cup runs to the 3rd or 4th round each season (and in the Conference seasons we had to play an extra round) and I would have to say he achieved success for our club. Just getting out of the Conference in two seasons is enough for me to appreciate his efforts for our club as many others have failed including Luton Town who are a massive club compared to ourselves and Bristol Rovers.

I am not upset though that Mr Buckle has moved on as I think it was time for a change and I am absolutely delighted at what I have seen so far of Martin Ling.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

stefano wrote:Yes you are right Dominic (BG) I am in the minority in being appreciative of Paul Buckle. I do though understand why quite a lot of supporters don't like him or rate him and I was less than happy at the manner of his leaving. To join another club just as we were qualifying for the play-offs (the worst kept secret in the World) was bound to have an unsettling affect on the players in the important games to come. Overall though he joined us at a time when we had just got relegated to the Conference and had only about four players signed on, got us to the play-offs in his first season and promoted in the second, and in the two seasons back in the Football League first of all consolidated our position with a storming finish and then reached the play-offs. Add to that reaching the FA Trophy final at Wembley and some good FA Cup runs to the 3rd or 4th round each season (and in the Conference seasons we had to play an extra round) and I would have to say he achieved success for our club. Just getting out of the Conference in two seasons is enough for me to appreciate his efforts for our club as many others have failed including Luton Town who are a massive club compared to ourselves and Bristol Rovers.

I am not upset though that Mr Buckle has moved on as I think it was time for a change and I am absolutely delighted at what I have seen so far of Martin Ling.

Ugh You make it sound like he was good. :lol:
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

usagullmichigan wrote:
Ugh You make it sound like he was good. :lol:
In fairness USA there is nothing inaccurate in what I said. He did get us out of the Conference and got us to be a team looking for promotion from League 2. I did also say that I could understand why people didn't like him. I like him for getting us out of the Conference, but I am also pleased that he has now moved on to a far superior club who will probably finish below us this season, and I am delighted that Mr Ling is now in chharge.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

BG, if Torquay fans didn't start threads on other teams on here it would be the worst Banter board ever. We have a connection to Rovers at the moment so more threads will be started about you guys, or rather about Buckle, than about other teams. Crawley come in for stick on here too, so it's not just poor Rovers being picked on :) .
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Seems to be fairly persistent rumours on Bristol Rovers forum about a fall-out between Buckle and Stanley and that Stanley will be ade available for loan. Probably untrue but would love to see him come here.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Every player who is left out of the squad or the team is rumoured to have fallen out with Buckle. Truth is that as yet these players have not performed consistently and as such have only themselves to blame for not being in the team. I think it would be foolish of Buckle to loan any more of the squad out at the moment as we will need every one over the season and it is up to them to take their chance. It is a Catch 22 situation where in some ways you are better off with all youngsters on the bench as they are mostly happy to be there whereas experienced pros are not but there again generally in that situation you will not have a good enough team to do well1 by the way Branston was very lucky to stay on the pitch yesterday when he flattened Harrold in the penalty area in the first ten minutes,it was without doubt a red card but luckily for him the referee missed it or chose not to see it. I understand this official has a bit of a reputation for being a homer.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh good, a THIRD Craig Stanley thread... :~D

I'll merge it with the others.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Has been told to find another club by Buckle apparently if the rumours are to believed. But Buckle han't fallen out with him,,lol.