!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I am not the biggest fan of Saah however I thought that his performance on Saturday was more than adequate. But his attempt to kick the ball, completley missing it, then feining injury was a little stupid! In the 2nd half though, he did look quite comfortable and cleared the ball away from danger competently, which was very good. Well Done Saah for getting into the League 2 team of the week, but better performances are needed to completley convince me that he is the best choice in the CB position.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I've been pretty critical of Saah, but he did little wrong on Saturday. Sure, I'm surprised he was in Team of the Week as I didn't think he was that good, but he was competent enough to not deserve any vitriol towards him.

Sure, he did a complete air shot in the first half but to be fair it wasn't the easist ball to hi - played at pace and across his body. He's not a striker, so striking the ball isn't his forte.

As for his slip in the second half, yeah he slipped but sometimes players do that. What was important to me was that, either by luck or judgement, he still got something on the ball. Not alot, but he changed its path and forced the Cobblers player to play it out wide, which in turn gave us enough time to get men back and the chance was snuffled out.

Everything else I saw him do (bar a few misplaced passes) was generally to win balls in the air and nulify Akinfenwa.

Its taking time, but I feel like he is getting somewhere.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hmmm, must just be me then, but I thought he was pretty bad. Fine defensively, but the instant he gets the ball, we are going to lose possession given his penchant for the massive long, straight ball or hacking it straight out of play.
As for Mark Ellis, I like the boy, think he'll be really good, maybe as a striker.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

I think that he is as good as branno... at distribution!!! Defensively he fills me with as much confidence as scott bevan doing the limbo. I can't believe that he made the team of the week or that anyone chose him for their top 5. The Northampton fans were asking us aster the game the name of the guy who kept falling over. It was Saah.
:( Tommy :)
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I thought Saah was quite good on Saturday, one if his better performances in my opinion. Whether he deserves to be in the team of the week or not, well done Brian for doing so.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
lovinthatsurf
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: mansell

Post by lovinthatsurf »

I missed all this debate as i was at boxing with tedward! ( well taxi not actually boxing myself !! ) im kinda with matt on the Saah thing....he did miss the ball totally and fell over a few other times..he just doesnt stand out for me--yet...love Branno or not..he was totally in our face right from the start..i kinda like that attitude....dont come here with a whimper..we want roaring !!!!!!
in vino veritas
fallaces sunt rerum species
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Press take on it:

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Saah- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
lovinthatsurf
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: mansell

Post by lovinthatsurf »

thanx
in vino veritas
fallaces sunt rerum species
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

think he would do well on strictly come dancing.... :~D
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Southampton Gull wrote:Perhaps your views were clouded by the 5 minute chat you had with Ellis when your tongue was planted firmly up his arse ;-)
To be fair Dave (Yeah I know) it was me who was chatting to Mark. The sweet little lad I was standing with (James, about 6 years old) told me that Mark was his favorite TUFC player. James was so excited when I called Mark over and he signed the lads programme. Another long term, future Gulls supporter, I hope. :-D
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

For some it's Saah, for other it's Stevens. For me it's that avian wretch Gilbert. Incidentally, where was he last Saturday?
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

If Brian Saah is good enough for Martin Ling, given his track record thus far at TUFC, then he's good enough for me.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Brian Saah came here with a reputation as a good footballing defender, to be fair not his own making, even the Cambridge fan's thought him to be a good signing for us.

Obviously some players fit in like a kid glove at a new club, some take time to settle, to be honest Saah has not had a great start with us, however against Macc thought he was move improved, and the team has not conceeded in two games now, my opinion is regardless lets just give him our full support as fan's, and help make this lad feel welcome here, there is a very good player in there, during the course of the season us fan's will see it shine through.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

diamondgirl wrote: To be fair Dave (Yeah I know) it was me who was chatting to Mark. The sweet little lad I was standing with (James, about 6 years old) told me that Mark was his favorite TUFC player. James was so excited when I called Mark over and he signed the lads programme. Another long term, future Gulls supporter, I hope. :-D

Well I was hardly going to accuse you of having your tongue up his arse, was I ???? ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Dave, why must there be any tongues up any arses? :-o

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"