Craig Stanley

General chat about anything else goes here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dont think there is any doubt that Buckle has fallen out with Stanners, Kuffour aswell, love this quote from Adolf Buckle in there paper.. "I'm trying to stamp my own authority on the football club. I've only been here two minutes and we've had lots of different problems to solve. I'll be relentless in my quest to get this football club where it needs to be.

Yes world domination will be your's :rofl:

Love to see Stanners back here, however i can not see it happening Lingy has already said he is happy with the squad, and with Mansell on fire right now, where would Stanners fit in to our team?
Formerly known as forevertufc
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Dave...think i would be a bit worried if we got injuries in the midfield as the season gets going so Stanners on the bench would be good...but rotate for a bit maybe ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I wonder if Stanley isn't playing it clever here. His mate is now managing Morecambe and with their start to the season are looking a lot more appealing than competing with Campbell and Gill for a midfield slot and having to deal with Herr Buckle ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

sounds to me like our old friend PB is feeling the heat. maybe reality is starting to kick in for him and the gas fans. he obviously thought going to a "big" club, with a tidy budget, bringing in his 17 players to make his dream team, must've thought they'd be winning for fun, so now things are not going to plan, it MUST be the players fault. such a shame. surprised he didn't mention being ambitious in that interview.

anyway, as for stanners, i will be forever grateful for his contribution last season, but there's no guarantee he'd have the same impact if he came back now. not that it came across that way, but maybe he's one of those temperamental players who plays when it suits him. he always said he was happy here, and proved a point to the morecombe management who clearly, he didn't get on with. maybe he was fooled into thinking he was happy here because the management treated him better than the management he'd left behind, whereas it was the club, the fans, and the other players that made him glad to be here. lets face it, if things aren't going well for PB, he'll happily blame those around him (after blaming the length of the grass, the alignment of the planets, etc etc). i think stanners is just this weeks scapegoat.

a decent bloke and a decent player, i'm not sure we need stanners back at the moment (and no telling if Ling would even be interested), but i'd happily take him back.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I think, perhaps, with Stanners back, we could have the option to have a more solid midfield, where we do seem to be getting a little over run this season.

We could have X back 5, then two wide men, with Manse and Stanners in the middle and Eunan slightly behind a front man (Tai, or Rene). With CS, you're not really losing too much creativity (compared to Eunan) but gaining proportionally more muscle and fight, so, overall, you're better off.

Ok, it means we are a genuine striker light (EoK is perfectly acceptable, but he's not an out an out striker in the mold of Tai or Rene), but it's my view that the team listed above will create sufficiently more chances and have sufficiently more possession to net us more goals throughout the course of a season.

We'd probably also be a little bit better to watch, perhaps attracting a couple of hundred extra fans.

Who thinks what?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
lovinthatsurf
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: mansell

Post by lovinthatsurf »

I agree with you Matt..footy that is better to watch than saturdays bilge at northampton has got to be better
in vino veritas
fallaces sunt rerum species
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

------------Olejink---------
Oastler-Saah-Robbo-Nicho
Macklin-Stanley-Mansell-Morris
-------------O'kane---------------
-------------Howe---------------

I think that would work a treat, pass the ball round nice and easy. But Ling is a 4-4-2 man and the only option I see is Okane going to the right midfield and have stanners mansell and morris making up the other three. But I doubt we'll be getting Stanners back here anyway, but if we do, I for one would be delighted :)
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Have heard from 2 different people Staners has rang Eunan O'kane and told him he's being allowed to go out on loan and asked Eunan what the chances of him being able to come here, would love to have him back here personally!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hmmm, now, I'm not questioning your source or intent in any way GD2, but I'm not so sure. Of all the players, past and present, who are available and regular contributors to Twitter (stick with it), I don't think I have ever seen Eunan and Stanners exchange comments.
I accept that this is hardly what you and I, dear reader, would call friendship, or a lack of, but this is the modern way.
Had I been told that it was Stanners and Jakey Robinson having a chit chat, I'd have certainly believed it without question.

I guess the next logical question is, would Buckle allow him to come back to us, loan or otherwise?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
lovinthatsurf
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by lovinthatsurf »

oh dear Dave !
in vino veritas
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

While Buckle's man management skills, or lack thereof, are well known, the only thing that makes me question whether he's fallen out with Stanley is the fact that Stanley has specifically denied any falling out on his twitter feed. Can't be 100% sure, obviously, but I'd imagine he'd keep quiet if there had been a falling out, rather than refer to it at all.
TUST member 203
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Rumour is Stanners and Zebs have had mega fall out in training, Bucks has backed Zebs and Stanners has been told he's not wanted in match day squad and will be going out on loan!

All not rosey in Brizzle then!

Personally would love him back, him and Manse in midfield and O'Kane playing off the frontman Howe with Bodin and Morris on the wings.
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

According to some on the rovers forum, 'clear the air' talks have been held and Stanley will come back into the reckoning now, so it's looking like he wont be coming back here afterall :/
The gulls are going up
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Just like I said, Craig Stanley was droppeed because he had been playing shit.

Since he has been out of the side, we have played a lot better, A good performance away at Bradford with them getting 2 shocking penalty decisions and stealing a draw, and a decent performance against Shrewsbury.

It is a squad game and maybe that is an advantage we have over others that we can change personnel, with the options we have.

It is up to Stanley to up his game and prove that he is worthy of his place.

You have to love the rumours :lol:
lovinthatsurf
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by lovinthatsurf »

rumours make the world go round and give us all something to talk about!
in vino veritas