Our troubled neighbours ..........

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote:I know quite a few Arygle fan's as i expect we all do, to be honest i have not met a green yet who can see the wood from the tree's.

I said to a couple of them , take to the streets protest dont let Grimsdale any where near your club, no they said he is going to our saviour, honest i did try to warn them.

Grimsdale under threat of death in Leeds and Cardiff, welcome in Plymouth, you get what you deserve some times.

spot on dave.

he was s**t at barnsley too and nearly screwed them up! :@

theres only one thing hes ever been interested in - himself.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Certainly don't want them folding as there has never been a more nailed on 6 points for everybody than Argyle this season! Can't believe Shrewsbury gave them a point at home! That of course could be the decider at the end of the season. The only club to drop 2 points to Argyle misses out! I actually don't want them to fold of course as they are a major part of the football history of Devon & Cornwall and living where I do it is an Argyle stronghold (albeit with a pleasing absence of green shirts these days) and I have told them all that relegation to the Conference is not the end of the World. The gates being padlocked is! Yes they could and I am sure would reform as AFC Argyle or something several steps down the pyramid system, but that is never the same so it would be 125 years or thereabouts of Devonian football history down the pan.

Just imagine when you younger members of the forum tell your grandchildren about games against Plymouth Argyle, and they say "Who?" ;-)
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

I agree Argyle going bust would be for the best , but I don't think it will happen. Especially with their local council bending over backwards to help them, the latest being to buy the ground back off them and lease it back to Argyle, this being the same ground that the council help fund to build if memory serves me correct . Could you see our local council doing that for TUFC ? No .

Yes we know must of them greenies are two sandwiches short of a picnic and the conference would probably do them the world of good, but only after we have got 6 points off them
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

markw wrote:Could you see our local council doing that for TUFC ? No .
That would be a pretty impressive bit of financial juggling considering the council already own Plainmoor and lease it to the club?
Probably a bloody good job too otherwise we could really have been up the creek without a paddle during the Roberts saga....
Arse! Drink!
lovinthatsurf
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: mansell

Post by lovinthatsurf »

The troubles at Plymouth are kinda delightful and tragic at the same time...im not sure which camp im in at the moment but its pretty good sitting back and watching it all happen..i do agree with Matts thoughts about Reid, i condsider him a pretty good bloke whos been totally shafted.watch that space.......
in vino veritas
fallaces sunt rerum species
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Father Jack wrote: That would be a pretty impressive bit of financial juggling considering the council already own Plainmoor and lease it to the club?
Probably a bloody good job too otherwise we could really have been up the creek without a paddle during the Roberts saga....
It's irrelevant what the present facts are, it matters only that IF we were in exactly the same situation as Plymouth, it is Mark's assertion that our local council would not do for TUFC what Plymouth's is doing for them.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

Exactly the point I was trying to make,

The difference in the attitude of people who run both councils is marked. One see the football club as an essential part of the local infrastructure and Torquays don't.

I see Larrieu has said he would take the managers job on. Can't see them being exactly awash with candidates
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'd personally be surprised if anybody outside of the club wanted to take the job right now..
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

i saw a brief report live from ome park on SSN this morning. the reporter said something along the lines of "peter ridsdale was unhappy with the clubs poor results of late and the slide towards the conference so he has now put a stop to that slide"... er, no, the slide hasnt been halted at all. argyle arent suddenly sitting at the top of the league.

according to SSN in the same report, carl fletcher and romain larrieu (sp?) are going to take joint charge.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

The Gargs are now in a hole deeper than the deep holes at a hole convention in Holeshire. Surely it's time to stop digging?
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ridsdale was on talksport this morning being interviewed by that smug anus Richard Keys and Andy Gray saying they were due to make a new managerial announcement this afternoon and that it was ridsdale himself who decided to sack reid.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

im gonna make a prediction. bloke from exeter goes to argyle, bloke from rovers goes to exeter, argyle stay up, exeter go down, and rovers go up.

ok, it looks like it's time for my medication.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Club captain - Carl Fletcher - appointed. Now that is a nothing appointment to me. If I was an Argyle fan (judging by this) I would be more worried now than ever. Says non - league acceptance at best
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

So, they've lost not only an experienced, successful, dedicated, professional manager, but also the club captain, and they have (or will) replaced both with inferior men in each position.

Ridsdale, you're a fecking liability!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Language! ^

But I agree, if I was a PAFC supporter I'd be feeling totally underwhelmed by that.