Ooops

General chat about anything else goes here.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Ooops

Post by Neal »

From a Gashead
Where to begin.

I am very aware that being a Gashead usually involves nothing more than passion and blind optimism. But never in my life have I witnessed it in such an abundance as this season.

For those who still support Buckle, your optimism is commendable. But jesus christ, wake up and smell the coffee.

We are lumbered with a manager who is UTTERLY clueless. His post match press conference yesterday confirmed this when he said he doesn't know what is wrong or what to do.

LET ME HELP YOU MR BUCKLE. WE HAVE A SH*T DEFENCE. WE CONCEDE 2 GOALS A GAME AND THAT IS MAKING US DROP POINTS. YES THERE IS NO BUDGET TO BRING ANYONE IN - WHY? BECAUSE YOU SPUNKED IT UP AGAINST THE WALL ON PLAYERS LIKE RENDELL AND NORBURN WHO WERE/ARE NOT REQUIRED.

I find it hilarious that SteveK can call me a "w*nker" when he spent the first half of last season calling for Trollope's head. Yet he's allowed to do that. Why? Because of course, he is a far better supporter than all of us. If we dare suggest Buckle is not up to the task we are "not fans", should "stay away from the club" or, of course, are "w*nkers". Pathetic. I had little/no respect for you prior to your latest comment anyway, but now I have none for you and your holier than thou attitude and your shockingly hilarious contradictory nature.

For those who still (somehow) support Buckle, I ask you this - WHY? Other than the "because this is Bristol Rovers and I will support whoever is in charge" - where were you and your support when you were calling for Trollope's head? Or Penney's head. And yes Steve "I'm better than any other supporter" K I am looking at you.

Most of those defending Buckle to the hill (not ALL of you) but certainly a fair few of you were those of you who pleaded and begged for Trollope to get the sack. I'm not necessarily saying it wasn't time for him to go (as that argument has already been done to death) but it seems to me that you refuse to admit the grass might not have been greener on the other side and as such refuse to admit Buckle might not be a good manager either.

All I ask is you offer me something - some sort of hope that Buckle might be a manager with even a shed of managerial ability. Because I see NOTHING. Ian Atkins assembled a squad of talented players but he is now a SCOUT. He couldn't manage players. Given the amount of people Buckle has fallen out with, what on earth makes people think Paul Buckle is a manager? Ian Atkins and both Ray Graydon were more people persons than Paul Buckle - and Ray Graydon even threatened to take a man's house away!!!

We have been lumbered with somebody less than useless. SteveK said yesterday "Stanley and Campbell cannot play together again". I agree with you. But do you know what, I said that the last time they played together - did Buckle learn? Nope. Will he? No. WHY DID THEY PLAY TOGETHER? All we get is "please Mr Buckle, don't play them again?". Instead we should be saying "Oi!!! Buckle you clueless clown! Why on earth have you made the SAME mistake AGAIN".

Why did Norburn sign? That's possibly the worst signing we've ever made. Joins us for a month, doesn't get a game, yet extends his loan, but then gets hauled off before half-time on his first start and then couldn't get a start above Campbell who the manager publicly fell out with in the week.

I have had it. And SteveK or Blue Bright Side of Life or whatever your name is, don't bother telling me not to turn up on Saturday. I am a diehard Gashead and I love this club. If people like me walk away then there will be no club left to support.

And for the Buckle fans, I leave you with this - if ALL you have is "Buckle had success with Torquay" then I give you this - Trollope had success with us too. In fact, Trollope has achieved more than Buckle regardless of whether Trollope was good enough or not
TUST MEMBER
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

classic stuff, we did warn them!!
still keeping the faith
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Sad really (not for buckle) for die hard gasheads and what with Bristol Citys new manager having an immediate upturn in fortunes the "give it time excuse" is wearing a bit thin. I know several season ticket holders up here that are saying it's the worst football they've ever seen. Their fed up with slowly becoming a laughing stock.

The lack of respect buckle gave us on his departure is my main problem with buckle and that seems to be his problem at the Mem now. We've moved on they've moved backwards.
Blue Square bet Premier maybe
Blue Square bet Premier maybe
156xv1k.jpg (19.03 KiB) Viewed 524 times