League 2: Torquay United vs Plymouth Argyle

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Sexy_Gulls
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Sexy_Gulls »

I work as a steward at Arsenal and, yes it is a very different ground, but basically away fans are tolerated in home areas as long as they keep a low profile. So no colours, chanting, acting up etc. If an issue arises between different fans then the away supporters are ejected.
If tickets have been sold to Plymouth fans in the home ends then they should be allowed in as they've paid for them, but they stewards and police should be aware of were they are gathered. Finally any ticket sold will come with regulations, one of which is the right of the club to refuse entry or eject for any reason.

Anyway making the trip down from London for this one. Everything seems to be in our favour and I would hope for a comfortable win. But we are Torquay...

3-0

Howe x2
O'Kane
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Trojan 67 wrote:It's been mentioned elsewhere that Argyle fans who gain admission to the Popside should be ejected from the ground. Why's that then ? As long as they don't congregate down the Boots&Laces end I'll be happy.

They will have paid their money like everyone else and are entitled to watch the match. Hopefully, they will be directed down to the end of the Pop next to the away end.

Even if I get in the ground really early to claim my spot, there'll still be an Argyle fan in my favourite place (the naughty step). No point in arguing whose spot it is, we'll just have to stand there and share it. ;-)
Exactly! A few weeks ago I bought two tickets at Villa Park half an hour before the kick off against Newcastle. The away (Newcastle) areas had been sold out weeks before. I was not asked if I was a Newcastle fan, The ticket sales staff didn't give a sh~t. Behind me there must have been dozens of Newcastle fans (who were obviously from Newcastle, but not showing club colours), we all got tickets in the Villa areas of the ground,I don't think there was any trouble at the ground, & the match was by no means a sellout.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Gullscorer wrote: Who determines the Ground Regulations? Why should there be any home areas? Who decides whether or not you are an away fan? What if I support both teams? What about my human rights? Is democracy a big fraud? Can my cat get in for free?
Yes! Yes!, but what if you are a black one legged lesbian from West Bromwich? :) :clap: :-D :lol: :scarf:
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Well, todays the day folks. Already got that derby day excitement. COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

So looking forward to this one. The closer it gets the more nervous I become. Earlier in the week I was brimming with confidence that we would hammer them. As we draw closer to kick off I'm thinking it would be just like those cornish tw@ts to fluke a win. Anywho, I guess we're gonna find out soon enough.

If any of the exiles want to join me and Gray on the Yahoo cyber terrace then add graygull or shawgull and we'll get a conference going.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
okeygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by okeygull »

Here it is the day I have been waiting for since the fixtures came out. Hopefully give us the opportunity to erase the 0-4 at home. The 4-3 away
and the sight of Paul Gibbs over the top celebration when scoring for argyle from the spot at plainmoor.

Lets not give them any any hope and jump on them straight from the start ! As DTG suggests I have become less confident myself as week goes
by but that wont stop me singmy heart out this afternoon like all fans who will be there need too.

Okane is the key ! If he can conduct the orchestra then we should win .....

COYY !!!!!!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

On my travels yesterday I saw three Gulls on a football pitch so I'm taking that as a good omen, but since they've gone and got in a loanee or two recently I'm not feeling hugely confident.
However, as our former manager would say they will need 'time to gel' so I'm hopeful.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Well here it is! It was just like waking up on FA Cup Final day as a kid before capitalism turned the competition into a joke by allowing the top clubs to field their youth teams up until the semi-final stage and even one season allowing a club to go on a foreign holiday on 3rd Round day!

Today I can finally overcome 40 years of pain! Memories of giving 3 Argyle players a lift back to Ivybridge after they mauled us 4-0 at Plainmoor will be erased and the ribbing I got on the journey home will never again be recalled! I don't know any Argyle players now mind because they all have paper rounds so aren't allowed to stay up as late as I do!

Travelling up with a fellow Torquay fan and an Argyle fan who has got a ticket for the Away End and I am confident that he will have a very uncomfortable journey home. Not too sure what all the fuss is about Argyle fans being in the home section. We all used to intermingle when we had crowds of 15000 on Devon derby days at Plainmoor, and if we haven't got enough supporters these days to sell out our own section then sell the tickets to others and at least make some money. I have never been in the Away End at Home Park and won't be doing so on 2 January. I will be in the Lyndhurst Stand enjoying the contest but behaving myself.

Our record league win was 9-0 against Swindon Town in 1952 when I was one month old!

The record has stood too long .... so let's go for it!!! ;-) :keepie:
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by DTG »

Why don't we make it 12-0 so the cornish get to use all their fingers!
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

DTG wrote:Why don't we make it 12-0 so the cornish get to use all their fingers!
That will do me! What time is kick off where you are DTG? :keepie:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

HRG wrote:On my travels yesterday I saw three Gulls on a football pitch so I'm taking that as a good omen, but since they've gone and got in a loanee or two recently I'm not feeling hugely confident.
However, as our former manager would say they will need 'time to gel' so I'm hopeful.
Need time to gel, and also I doubt they've played competitive matches for a while so they'll take a while to get up to speed. I hope..
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by DTG »

We're 7 hours ahead so it will be 10pm Stef. It's morning for Gray in Canada, so he get's to drink tea while I'm necking the beer!
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

DTG wrote:We're 7 hours ahead so it will be 10pm Stef. It's morning for Gray in Canada, so he get's to drink tea while I'm necking the beer!
Hopefully the neighbours will be cursing the 'Mad Englishman Next Door' as you cheer every goal!! =D
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

COME ON BOYS!!! :) I was at that 2-2 at their place last time we played them, and I remember feeling great that we had got a point, let's do them in!
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

DTG I took my American wife to Cornwall. She loved the place but the people scared her. I reckon it will be 2-2 today. Come on the Gulls!