Torquay United v Barnet

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Anybody would have looked slow coming up against Marshall, especially with no cover from Bodin. I feel Oastler did ok defensively but did very well in the second half in turning defence into attack either with a surging run or a good pass. I really like him at right back, getting better and better.

We defended deep the whole of the game due to the threat of Izale Mcleod over the top. It was either that or a long throw they were going to score from. Robbo and Ellis were pretty tentative in attacking the ball and allowing space in behind, I thought they did their job and Robbo controlled the line well. Mcleod needs to move on from Barnet, he is head and shoulders above his teammates.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Yep, glad Oastlers getting some recognition. He seemed likely to fall into the 'Unsung hero' category along with Lathrope, so I'm happy people are realising his good performances more now. As Jamie says, Marshall was rapid - one of the fastest players I've seen, and Oastler coped well enough.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Lloyder5 wrote:Health warning about this comment because I didn't see the match. But judging from the comments I am very encouraged. Opinions very about who played well who didn't but it seems to me that this result was achieved by a team that is confident and together. OK some players not on top form but the team found a way to win, albeit late on. It just has a good feel to it all.

I'd go along with that. I stand by what I've said about Robbo and Oastler but overall there was a work ethic and togetherness that got us the three points, happy with that.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just watched highlights on gullsplayer.A tremendous performance. On another day Eunan could have scored a hat trick. So unlucky.
Bobby was class and Danny looks a different player with Martin Ling as Manager.
The goal. Well we all know Kevin has the best left foot in League 1 and 2. What a stunning goal.
We have 3 home games in the next 3 weeks. Win them all and 2012 could be abig year for United. COYY
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I thought Oastler was doing a good job on their left winger. I felt he was their best player and although he got a few crosses in, Oastler stuck to his man. So much so, that they took him off!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Our highlights are at the top of the BBC Football page!

Still watching that goal go in over and over again - stunning.