Buckle Watch

General chat about anything else goes here.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Looks like bucks is on his last chance as such. Pokey is a good signing, top class keeper at this level. I would love him back here when Big Bobby leaves one day.

Also can see Gavin Tomlin heading to rovers aswell as hes avaliable on a free this month.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Gavin Tomlin, we'll have him, surely. He stood out like HMS Invincible at the battle of Waterloo when we played at their place.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

How he is still in a job after today God only knows. I was reading the BRFC forum the other day and one poster said how sad it would be for Paul and his family if he was out of work for the New Year. My response is if he did his job properly then this wouldn't be an issue. What an absolute clown. Bucks AND the poster!! Basically if you're a football manager and you do shite then you will get the sack. Is this news to this man who wrote this? I simply cannot fathom how Rovers have played three of the worst teams this season in the last three games and lost all three conceding 10 goals. I simply cannot fathom how this man is still in a job.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

austrianandygull wrote:How he is still in a job after today God only knows. I was reading the BRFC forum the other day and one poster said how sad it would be for Paul and his family if he was out of work for the New Year.
Does he have any children? that he presumably left behind when he walked out...?

In any case, if he were to get sacked he'd be entitled to payment of his contract, so financially he'll be fine; I think this is the reason that Rovers haven't pulled the trigger yet - they're still paying Penney and Trollope i think.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He does have children, but I think we should leave them well out of this.

I've heard that Buckle is keen to go to the States with his Becks, thought he was a Shandy drinker myself :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Some Bloke on BRFC forum wrote:I know that Statistics can be a bit boring but at one point this evening there were 1,502 on here, the highest ever.

The previous record of 700 odd set in November was surpassed on Saturday with 1200 and now 1500+

if nothing else, this should indicate to the Board the extent of concern over our current 'situation'.

Plenty of us getting very worried it seems.
.....or it could be all of the Gulls, City fans and others taking a look to have a good old-fashioned chortle.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

happytorq wrote: .....or it could be all of the Gulls, City fans and others taking a look to have a good old-fashioned chortle.
My thoughts exactly. I was on there at one point and it said that 150 odd guests were viewing the forum, i thought of my fellow gulls also having a laugh at Buckle's demise! =D
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Some Stevenage fans are suggesting Paul Buckle as their new manager, saying he did an excellent job at Torquay, went wrong at Bristol Rovers, but could do a job for them at Stevenage; he has family in Hertfordshire. Funny old game, as they say..
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I can just envisage the influx of Stevenage fans now, claiming he will do well at their bigger club..............
Dave

northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

I have heard that he is off to a usa club to have a look.One of his friends is the manager.something earthquake is the club.That said he is from Stevenage so you never know
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

San Jose Earthquakes..........
Dave

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

He wouldn't last two minutes in the States. That's why Verne Troyer came to England! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

northyorkshiregull wrote:I have heard that he is off to a usa club to have a look.One of his friends is the manager.something earthquake is the club.That said he is from Stevenage so you never know
Frank Yallop is the Earthquakes' manager. Don't think they ever played together, though - Yallop spent his time in England with Ipswich.

I'll see what I can find out..

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

happytorq wrote:
Frank Yallop is the Earthquakes' manager. Don't think they ever played together, though - Yallop spent his time in England with Ipswich.

I'll see what I can find out..
Actually, thinking about it; if the suggestion is that his lady might be working here, then San Jose makes no sense; ESPN's studio is in Bristol, CT (not far from) which is on entirely the wrong side of the country.

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Perhaps she's ambitious....................
Dave