How to raise attendances?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Fletch wrote: I have seen several shops with a fixture poster in the window but not that many in the main street though (probably cos they're nearly all "national chain" type shops)
WHSmith in Weymouth always had a stand within the shop selling WFC merchandise, haven't seen it for a while so don't know if it's because there are restrictions now in place to prevent it or..ahem...if the demand is no longer there. Poor Terras. I would expect we are bound by whoever it is that owns the Club merchandise outlet bits for us now - is it still Vandanel? - but think it's a shame that with all those shops in the town centre, we are not able to promote the Club more there.

<goes to lie down after thinking about all those shops smilie>
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

westbaygull wrote:<goes to lie down after thinking about all those shops smilie>
Jane, I take it you've not visited TQ recently? Cant say the selection of shops is anything to get lightheaded about ;-)
Far too much of a clone town nowadays :(
ReadinGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicholson

Post by ReadinGull »

Sesimbra, I agree.

I have tried (and am trying) to find out about hospitality on matchdays, and I cant for the life of me find anything on the website. Still, things like that are as said preaching to the choir, you'd only be trying to find that info if you knew you'd already want to go. it's tapping into the not going market.

As for Radio airing thats great....... if you know it's on there and have an interest in the club (and live in the area) you dont know what you dont know, but again Bucks press conference is 2nd phase, once you are hooked it keeps you hooked.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

This is TUFC. Given that there are other threads running on how to address the issue of low support and disappointing crowds, I can t quite believe that you need to check the availability of seating...

Am I missing something?
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Sesimbra wrote:If you have to travel a long way and need a seat then surely you must be assured that seating is available and I would be prepared to pay for it and book in advance. I thought this thread was about increasing attendances and my point was that if the information available to new and potential regular supporters is not forthcoming from the Club then they are missing out on the prospect of increasing attendances Not everyone wants or are able to stand on the terraces.
True enough, I'm surprised to see that hospitality packages are not being detailed on the O/S.
Have you tried speaking to Dean Edwards at the Club? I'm sure he would be able to assist with the enquiry, but I agree that there should be more information regarding ticketing and/or packages readily available
ReadinGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicholson

Post by ReadinGull »

wbg, I've been speaking to Dean by email, he assures me the info is on the website, but the more I search the less I find. Though I have just spotted a rather tasteful bathroom cabinet from plumbworld on the advert on the hospitality page, so it's not all bad! :O)
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Oh, thanks for the warning RG - was about to have another look, but having bought a mobile i don't understand how to use, I really don't want a bathroom cabinet I don't have room for.... :|

The only info I found before was about the Sunday carvery. And the Gold Bond which I subscribed to but haven't won yet....

edit - damn. just looked. No cabinet but tasty looking cupcakes. just off to Morrisons now...
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by yellow »

Sesimbra wrote:If you have to travel a long way and need a seat then surely you must be assured that seating is available and I would be prepared to pay for it and book in advance. I thought this thread was about increasing attendances and my point was that if the information available to new and potential regular supporters is not forthcoming from the Club then they are missing out on the prospect of increasing attendances Not everyone wants or are able to stand on the terraces.
Right with you now.

I can see that you wouldn t want to travel from Portugal to Plainmoor and find no seats available.

So are you saying that at TUFC you cannot book in advance unless the game is made all ticket?

That wouldn t particularly surprise me as traditionally the chances of not getting a seat are pretty negligible until the games are promo/relegation deciders.

The administrative costs could be perceived to outweigh the benefits on what would be a little used service.

I m going to take a chance that Crewe don t sell out today.... :)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by yellow »

Sesimbra wrote:No I am not saying that you cannot book in advance. I am merely asking if you can
Dunno. I would phone the club and ask.

I noted that at Crewe I was expected to buy a ticket (19 squid) from the ticket booth before entering the ground.

I suspect that that is a legacy from their times in the Championship where crowd control would be given greater priority and advance ticket sales deemed a necessity.
Helen Frisby
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston (pickler)

Post by Helen Frisby »

Easy - bring a friend - they'll be hooked
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

yellowsmiffy wrote: I've actually converted two former part-time plymouth followers over the years and they absolutely love the club now!
A one off match offer wont convince someone to become a regular agter a single game, no matter how good the performance. I've noticed that over the years my friends that i've brought along have enjoyed it reasonably after their first game, but if they watch us over a few matches in a row and begin to get a feel for the way we play, and who the players are and their positions etc etc, they really begun to enjoy it, and started to get a little hooked. I don't think the club could afford to do it, but a scheme for say 4 consecutive home matches could help?
A book of 4 tickets for £55? Or 3 for £40 perhaps?
Thats about the same price as a season ticket holder gets in for so realistically wouldnt affect the clubs income that much...
The club may be doing the half season ticket come January again, so a leader with the 3 for £40 could translate into half season ticket sales?