Could We Have Hoped For A Better March?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Oh well, Mathematics was always my strong point and Mathematically we can get promoted ;-)
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Gazzableedsgull wrote:Oh well, Mathematics was always my strong point and Mathematically we can get promoted ;-)
I agree 110% :na:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Does that put Martin in front for the manager of the month award?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Blimey, thanks one and all for the explanations. It saddens me greatly to see that standards are being dropped in education. Either do it correctly, or don't bother, because having a poor educational grounding is the same as having no education at all.

It bemuses and confounds me still when I read applications from graduates for positions within a law firm, and the email is grammatically incorrect.
To some, it seems arcane and needless, and that, to me, is a source of great sadness. If we're not bothering to spell or punctuate correctly, why bother doing anything correctly? Why learn to drive, just hop in a car, you'll pick it up as you go. Why learn to add and multiply, phones have calculators. Why learn to tie shoe laces, just use Velcro.
It's this whole half arsed, 'that'll do' attitude which is going to (at the risk of adopting a Daily Mail stance) send this country straight to hell. That'll do is so very rarely good enough, yet it seems to be the accepted standard these days, especially among public services.
People on the end of 'that'll do' are outraged when they're the victims, but seem to think its appropriate to to it to others. How many hundreds of times have I had to resend letters to Court because they have been lost by useless admin girls? Lose one letter in a year, ok, we all make mistakes, but I send 50 letters a week and I resend half of them at least once because they have been misplaced. And yet, imagine the apoplexy if one of these bints went unpaid because someone in accounts adopted their 'that'll do' attitude and messed up the pay run.

It's a sad state of affairs and one which now, sadly, seems inexorably destined to destroy the fabric of our society and bring us down and down until we are a third world country, so far behind the superpowers of China andRussia that we are the butt of their jokes about stupid people.

Right, I'm off before I do myself a misdemeanor.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Anyway, looking back over the past month, or rather the table based on recent form over the past six matches, Plymouth Argyle are fourth, behind Crewe, Crawley and Torquay (the Gulls third on account of having lost to Swindon), and have conceded the fewest goals of all the League Two clubs. Just thought you'd like to know..
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Back to the question, in my opinion "No". Good return of points and goals for us. Really good to be well up in second at this stage of the season and it's easter week as well. Hope to see you all at the Kassam on Monday then!! :keepie:
Oblivion!!!!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Gazzableedsgull wrote:I make it 12 goals for and 6 against and 1.5 goals per game with 2.37 points per game.
Tell me with a straight face that you worked that out for yourself and didnt use the F365 age, and I'll call you a liar :)
ferrarilover wrote:Completely irrelevant, but can someone, anyone, please explain where the confusion arises between 'have' and 'of'?
As already explained - it's the use of contractions in the English language that are mainly to blame. I think children are taught/pick up the contractions before they're learned what it is they're actually contracting. "Could've" is learned before "could have", therefore the assumption is that it is "could of". Don't get me started.

Also
your, you're
there/their/they're
abuse of the common apostrophe! You do not use it in plural's [sic]
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.