Proud Gull and ian morden

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
traveller gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: olejnic

Proud Gull and ian morden

Post by traveller gull »

dont know about the rest of you but ime so so proud of our football club. from board level to whats going on the pitch and the yellow army fans i think we all can hold ourseleves up high so far this season. This has so far been the most pleasureable season to support our club in the 33 years ive been going to plainmoor martin and the boys have been incredible long may it continue. 1 Sad point of note a season ticket holder home and away fan for 44 years a lovely friend and a extreamly nice and decent fella Mr Ian morden died last sunday morning I had the pleasue of going to many away games with ian and sitting with him in the family stand he lived and breathed torquay united sadly in his last home game against bristol rovers he had a fall in the family stand due to ill health and passed peacefully away sunday you will be missed at plainmoor ian rip and sleep well. steve breed gulls travel club
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

very sad to hear about the death of a fellow gull

welcome to the forum steve, really good to see you on here at long last

i echo your feelings about the season, the club, the management, the board, the new stand, it truely is a great time to be a gull!!
still keeping the faith
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

I got to know Ian a little from our time on the coach going to away games. A quiet, gentle, lovely man with a passion for Torquay United and someone who will be sadly missed. My condolences to his family and close friends.
RIP Ian.
Andrew
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yes, like Bix says sad to hear of the passing of a fellow Gull and condolencies to his family and friends.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

I for one am also dead proud of what the club has achieved this season. Our standing in the wider football community has not been this high for years so long may it continue.

May I also add my condolonces on the sad passing of Mr Ian Morden and I wish that his family and friends can find some comfort at this sad time.
Oblivion!!!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Whoever started this thread - did you actually think about the title of it?
traveller gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by traveller gull »

no need for your comments brucie ians family read this today and didnt have an issue at all and pass on there regards for the nice comments made and for the record brucie this thread was started by me aka steve breed co comentator
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

For once, brucie did have a valid point so I've edited the title and the "Subject" field of all previous posts.

Sincere condolences to the Morden family at this terrible time for them and huge respect for the passing of a fellow Gull from all the Staff at TorquayFans.com
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
traveller gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by traveller gull »

fair enough but it wasnt posted in any disrespetfull way
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

traveller gull wrote:fair enough but it wasnt posted in any disrespetfull way

I know that mate, just an unfortunate choice of words but I'm sure the sentiments were well received anyway.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com