Accrington away end

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
goldenblue
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Accrington away end

Post by goldenblue »

It was announced that the away end has been given to the home supporters for the Accrington match, I presume it will be part of the away end with the Accrington supporters having the other part? how will this work? and will it be possible to go in the away end and access Boots & laces at halftime? -most important
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fan's have to remember the players entrance on/off the field of play is between the popside and the away end, it's almost certain that home will be in the section next to the popside, away fans next to the bench.

I would have thought considering what I have written above, accsess to the away end will be via steward's only up untill kick off, and once in there, you will not be allowed out (with out good reason) untill the end of the match, so if you want boots/laces don't go in there.
Formerly known as forevertufc
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by costablancagull »

Have I missed something or is Plainmoor going to packed to the rafters for the Accrington game hence the away end housing Home fans?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

no, and almost certainly no aswell
still keeping the faith
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Wouldnt it be nice for the board to repay loyal fans and a do a Bradford 1 pound entrance fee regardless of age.Maybe a 6,000 gate .Just a suggestion
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Wouldn't it be nicer for those 6000 to pay the normal entrance fee to say thanks to the Board for what they've done since taking over? Just a suggestion..............
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Southampton Gull wrote:Wouldn't it be nicer for those 6000 to pay the normal entrance fee to say thanks to the Board for what they've done since taking over? Just a suggestion..............
isn't our capacity massively reduced now anyway? I seem to recall it was around 4600...am I wrong?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think it's less than that, Mr Pedant ;-) I was being facetious :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Perhaps as crowds have been lower this season than the promotion year from the Blue Square.The club needs to market itself to appeal to stay away fans.
After all at least 12,000 turned up at Old Trafford last May.So there are ones out there who are potential regular supporters
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

costablancagull wrote:Perhaps as crowds have been lower this season than the promotion year from the Blue Square.The club needs to market itself to appeal to stay away fans.
After all at least 12,000 turned up at Old Trafford last May.So there are ones out there who are potential regular supporters
I agree with you to a degree, however of those 12,000 fans some of them were probably those that only go to away games (for whatever reason), some would have been Northern based supporters who can only make it to those games North of the Penn Inn ;-) and some were, like me, exiles who can only really afford to come over for one or two games a season and therefore have to pick and choose those games carefully (as well as scrimp, save, beg, steal and borrow to get the funds). Of the rest, I am sure there were probably some "Casuals" - those that come along to a match just because it is on, and, I presume, some fans that came along from Devon just because they wanted to come to Old Trafford but had no real affinity to the Gulls.

I agree that there are some stay aways, who come along purely when the big games take place (Wembley and Old Trafford), but I am sure there are plenty more who can't make it for logistical reasons.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Scott like you I have to pick and choose games to fly over to but surely there is potential for more than 3,000 to turn up from South Devon on a regular basis?

The investment for the new stand shows the club must think so or they wouldnt have bothered in such a costly exercise.

I am just mystified that this seasons success has´nt resulted in a steady rise in support.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

costablancagull wrote:Perhaps as crowds have been lower this season than the promotion year from the Blue Square.The club needs to market itself to appeal to stay away fans.
Not true, see here;
NickGull wrote:Average attendances over the last decade:

02/03 - average 3131
03/04 - 3460
04/05 - 3509
05/06 - 2851
06/07 - 2633
07/08 - 3125
08/09 - 2242
09/10 - 2855
10/11 - 2630
11/12 - 2722 (so far)

All combined, our average over those years is 2916. I'd expect this seasons to end up around 3000/3100, as with any potential deciding games (Crewe, Southends a big one etc, and Accrington on Good Friday) I'll expect 3000+ from every game now really. Didn't realise we lost nearly 1000 average fans during our time in the BSP though..

Again, not true I'm afraid. The attendance was under 12,000, more 11400 or so, including 7000 Gulls.

I agree about the club needing to market themselves more, but I believe Andrew Candy and his focus group are trying to work on that.
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Sorry about error on Play off Final.
The real shame is although the club have progressed massively in the last few years the level off support hasn´t.
GY3Gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by GY3Gull »

Well my 'picking and choosing' has been a bit naff so far. Home matches against Crawley & Gillingham so hoping third time lucky on friday. Might be bringing a couple of mates from Weymuff if they aren't playing golf. The Gulls or Golf? No contest really. All the rellies in Devon think and always have thought that going to watch us is worse than the going to the Dentist (sometimes it has been) This hacks me off no end as the kids and grandkids hear it and many are brainwashed into thinking that Plainmoor is definately a no go zone, it's this perception that we have to do something about. Nice new stand and promotion would help greatly but we have to keep all the new fans we are hoping to attract.
I can assure you that living somewhere where the local team are playing in the tenth (or 9th next season) tier of the pyramid is no joke. The support is in the region of 1500 for home matches but the standard is woeful. With us (that's Torquay not Guernsey) It makes me think use it or lose it.