End of Season evening of intoxication.

General chat about anything else goes here.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

End of Season evening of intoxication.

Post by CraigUnder »

Hello everyone!
A few of us fans have decided that there is only one way to end this crazy season, and that is with a good old evening of beer and sherry! We decided that the best date for this is the Saturday AFTER the final game at Hereford, and everyone is welcome! :)

We think the best place to have it is the Gulls Nest for a few reasons!
1) We can celebrate promotion with the back drop of Fortress Plainmoor
2) It's money for the club

if your on facebook, here is the events page: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

feel free to invite others to this event! :)

COYY! :scarf:

mods, i didn't really know where the best place was to put this, so if its in the wrong area, feel free to move it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Probably best on the Popside, Craig ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Southampton Gull wrote:Probably best on the Popside, Craig ;-)
:-D
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Keen for this. Should be a chance for gulls fans of all ages to come together and celebrate a marvellous season.

Not only should it be a really good night of celebrating, but a chance for the club to earn a bit of extra money, everyone wins!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I'll be going to this, if it goes ahead, I think it's a great idea! :-D
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Agreed with the above. I'm also planning to go if it happens. Money into the club and a good way to celebrate what has been an excellent season for us.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

This particular evening of "refreshment" may well happen before the Hereford away match. I'm hoping it happens on a bog standard Saturday home game (after the Crewe match ?) where my routine won't change except for the much extra consumption of "celebration refreshment".

;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

If anyone would like to pay for my flights home then i will come haha. SOunds like a great idea, fingers crossed its a party for the best reason. :scarf:
Scottish Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Scottish Gull »

lads 2 points(well ones a question)

1 - will the scooner army be there?

2 - The end of season party will have to be the week before (at home to crewe) for me as thats when I'm down.
DJAF
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

It won`t happen! There will be no staff there, as they are at an end of season do elsewhere! Also no-one has bothered to even ask the club to find out if it is possible, no-ones aware of this event! Good idea apart from people having to travel all the way back from Hereford after the game, someone needs to speak to Deano and organise something properly or it just won`t happen, well not at the club anyway!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Aussie wrote:It won`t happen! There will be no staff there, as they are at an end of season do elsewhere! Also no-one has bothered to even ask the club to find out if it is possible, no-ones aware of this event! Good idea apart from people having to travel all the way back from Hereford after the game, someone needs to speak to Deano and organise something properly or it just won`t happen, well not at the club anyway!

Two fans that I know have orgonised this and have spoken to the club about it, this event will happen and the date of the event is the Saturday after the last game of the season (Hereford). If you are on facebook then the event is here http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/263497850401694/
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Aussie wrote:It won`t happen! There will be no staff there, as they are at an end of season do elsewhere! Also no-one has bothered to even ask the club to find out if it is possible, no-ones aware of this event! Good idea apart from people having to travel all the way back from Hereford after the game, someone needs to speak to Deano and organise something properly or it just won`t happen, well not at the club anyway!
It IS happening. Number 10's and the Nest are booked for it on the 11th May. Got my ticket for it tonight.

Looking forward to it and hope to see plenty of people there.
GirlOnATerrace
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by GirlOnATerrace »

It is happening. My dad and I spoke to Andy Candy couple of weeks ago and he said to ring Calum Williams the chef. We did that and it is all booked in for Friday 11th May at 7:30...
oliemarles
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by oliemarles »

The confusion is people saying it's after the Hereford match. IT IS NOT AFTER THE HEREFORD MATCH! It is the Friday after - 11th! It was originally planned for after Hereford - until we decided it would be better on the Friday as the Saturday after was already booked.

That's where the confusion lies.. It is going ahead - People have bought tickets.

If you want anymore info - just email me - [email protected] or Becka [email protected] for details!
Procrastination is what built this world today! Sorry, I'm dribbling on...