Hereford United v Torquay United - 5/5/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'm here dont panic!! it all makes perfect sense to me!

the tipsters are a mixture of pro and amateurs who predict and post what they think the result of any game may be, this is a likely indicator as to where the physical money will be spent on the given game. the bookies will respond to this betting pattern accordingly, but it appears that the amount of money actually staked on torquay so far hasnt reflected in the prices yet, but its only weds and most money wont be lodged until later in the week, so if these tipsters advice is heeded expect to see our odds shorten dramatically as ko time approaches

they dont usually get many things wrong, the bookies, not the tipsters, and the odds quoted mean the expect crawley to win easily, not as easily as southend, and have us as favourites to win our game too. lets hope that accrington can upset the odds and get at least a draw please!
still keeping the faith
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

If there's one thing the Gulls should have learned over the season, and in the last match against Crewe in particular, it is that, even with the best defence in the world, you cannot rely indefinitely on a one-goal lead being enough to win a game. Sometime, somewhere, the opposing team will score a goal, which may be the trigger to knock you back and allow them to go on to score a winner.

And the more important the match, the more important it is to remember this lesson. So going into their most crucial game in years, with automatic promotion still a possibility, the Gulls must not sit back on a one-goal lead, must not fall back into their own half to do nothing but defend, or the Crewe result could happen again.

Attack is the best form of defence. And it is what the team must do against Hereford. Attack, and attack again, until they go two or more goals ahead, thereby ensuring what could be the most important win for a long, long time.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Being Hereford NEED the win, they are going out all guns blazing. Let's hope Torquay can pick them apart and create gaps and score 2 or 3 (or 8 + what ever Crawley score).

If you were the Hereford manager would you sit back until the 2nd half, hope you can keep a clean sheet and got for the win in the 2nd half, or go out from the start, try and get a goal and then sit back?
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Like many others I see Southend going up somehow. Just hope I get a pie this time, last time I visited Hereford they ran out!

Having said that, from the highlights of the Crawley match Hereford are pretty shocking, their goals came from calamitous mistakes and their goal lived a very charmed life. If we do a professional job and treat it like just another game we should turn them over.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Accrington 2-2 Crawley
Hereford 1-3 Torquay
Southend 6-2 Macc
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Today was the first time I really felt excited and nervous about Saturday. I believe Crawley will only draw. I think Southend will thrash Macclesfield, so 3 points (as we all know) is a must for us.

To be honest, as long as we win, then I'll be happy. If it means Crawley win too then so be it. Means we can go into the play-offs with a win, or hopefully, we can start our promotion party :)
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Anybody else notice that crawley have darren d**khead deadman? He was the inept referee who was in charge for our cup game against them last year. Hope thats not an omen
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

NickGull wrote:Accrington 2-2 Crawley
Hereford 1-3 Torquay
Southend 6-2 Macc
I see you're expecting Southend to score two deliberate own goals, that's an interesting idea.

Admin Edit: Content Removed - Final Warning

Deadman is well known for being the worst, most inconsistent referee in the League. He will either be terrible for CTFC or against them, the one thing we know is that he will almost certainly have an influence. Could we ultimately be robbed of the autos by officials making curious mistakes at Oxford, at home to Crewe and at Accrington v Cheaty?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

ferrarilover wrote: I see you're expecting Southend to score two deliberate own goals, that's an interesting idea.

Admin Edit: Content Removed - Final Warning

Deadman is well known for being the worst, most inconsistent referee in the League. He will either be terrible for CTFC or against them, the one thing we know is that he will almost certainly have an influence. Could we ultimately be robbed of the autos by officials making curious mistakes at Oxford, at home to Crewe and at Accrington v Cheaty?

Matt.
Not at all funny anymore. Final warning, this is a football forum let's keep it that way.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Weather forecast for tomorrow is fine but chilly.

If we beat Hereford and win automatic promotion, naturally we'll be jumping for joy. But it will also mean that Hereford are relegated to the Conference. We know how that feels! So if it does go our way, let's also please spare a thought for Hereford and their fans after the game.

Who is our referee for tomorrow?
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

DonnyGull wrote:Official's for the game on Saturday:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/A ... 20,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hereford United v Torquay United
ROGER EAST
Derek Eaton and Robert Jones
Fourth Official Paul Tierney
There you go gullscorer. Where can I get ref stats?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Soccerbase.

RE Roger East. Oh dear, awful ref.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

NickGull wrote:Soccerbase.

RE Roger East. Oh dear, awful ref.

Anyone with East in their name knows naff all about football, just ask our number 1 Buckle fan from Oxon :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

Look people it's very simple...all we need to do is win by 9 more goals then Crawley 8-]
MarkQ
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MarkQ »

Late notice but does anyone have or know of anyone going to the game tomorrow who has a spare ticket? Just been given the go ahead from work to go but obv with lateness of situation, was hoping I could meet someone in Hereford for the ticket? many thanks