Hereford United v Torquay United - 5/5/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

If anybody knows of a link for either live streaming or sound only, please message me.

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Good luck for this afternoon, god knows we are due a bit. Can't really see we have a hope myself as Crawley will surely beat Accrington whose chairman has pissed off and the team seem to have chucked the towel in.
That said it is a professional football match and they are never that easy to win.
Accrington actually got a 1-1 draw at Crawley earlier in the season and were actually winning for much of the game so perhaps that is a pointer to Crawley having to do more than just turn up to win.
Mind you we will probably win 5-0 today Crawley will be losing only to be awarded two injury time penalties to go up and stuff us yet again.
My proper forecast? - we will lose, Crawley will win and we will go out in the semi final of the play offs.

Still been a magnficent effort in my book though.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Northumbergull wrote:If anybody knows of a link for either live streaming or sound only, please message me.

Cheers

Bruce
good luck with that bruce!! cant you just shell out for a month on player?? its £4.29 and would also cover you for any potential playoff games, plus tufc prob get a cut??

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/player/BuyNow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 05 May 2012, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
harpenden gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: E O'Kane

Post by harpenden gull »

Please lets pull one out of the bag this afternoon; we will grace league 1 and maybe get beaten more than we win BUT Crawley and Southend are the 2 teams this season who have cheated their way to where they are. The level of play acting from both would have made Simon Callow blush.
Time for Eunan and Lee and Danny to push their game to the limit and beat Hereford into the BSP ................................COYY
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Trying so hard to be positive and think that whatever happens, we have had a great season - probably way above most of our expectations. Good luck to Lingy and the boys, hope all the travelling fans have a day to remember. Hoping beyond all hope that when I get home this afternoon and log on here, it is going to be a happy, happy place to be.

COYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

you working again jane?? bloody hell, you put some hours in lady!!
still keeping the faith
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

Bixie

Unfortunately, my finances are too tight to pay for a month of anything...:O(

Never mind, is the game on Radio Devon or somesuch?

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

cant see there being any changes to the normal side, everyones fit and suspension free i think?

talking of suspensions is anyone liable to get a ban from the playoffs if they pick up a yellow today

my thinking swings from yay, accrington are gonna do us a favour and we'll win, to oh no we're gonna balls things up in the playoffs and then have to face whats arguably going to be the toughest 4th division line up for years??!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Northumbergull wrote:
Unfortunately, my finances are too tight to pay for a month of anything...:O(
£4.29, i'll send you a cheque up mate??!!

i dont think radio devon can broadcast match comms on their website unfortunately, so you'll have to rely on the few of us that are on board here this afternoon?
still keeping the faith
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Not working, Bix, but being a taxi service, can't get out of it =Z . Am going to steer clear (no pun intended, hee hee) of all radio updates. Am so nervous at the moment, if I can't get commentary, I'd rather not know until nearly the end.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

bloody kids, leave them to walk home, do they not realise how important today is to their mummy??!!

got house to myself all weekend, well except matilda and the cats, shes gone to morocco for a few days, havent slept so well for bloody years!! think i may get a set of twin beds in before she comes back!! how do you think that would go down??
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

right its the officially designated "begin drinking time" of 2pm, so its a bottle of henney's still cider to begin with, a heady 6.5%!! lets have it!!
still keeping the faith
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Good for you Bix - no GHD interruptions on the poot today then!!Not sure the twin beds would be that well received - maybe a double for her and a single for you? =D Please let Matilda out for lucky wee if necessary. Can I just say that nobody, NOBODY, check the live tables in my absence!!!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Wouldn't be able to make any playoff games, so praying the impossible thought at the start of the season happens

COYYYYYYYY :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Anyone know line-ups?