JARVIS & ATIENO

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

JARVIS & ATIENO

Post by 6667GULL »

These two should start on Sunday.
Stevens and Morris are our weaklest links.
Stevens has been poor since the injury at Crawley.
Morris, in my opinion given how much he has played when not injured, hasn been our poorest player all season.
Give Jarvis and Atieno a chance Martin and give us a chance of getting to Wembley.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Probably not thread worthy, but ok, agree entirely.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

I think if Rene and Damon are as off the pace as they were on Saturday it won't hurt us to go 4-4-2. Jarvis showed he wanted it and Atieno can be a threat. But obviously those two aforementioned players are barely scraping by at the moment and it might work more in our favour to have fitter players rather than our usual starting XI.

On the subject of Stevens and Morris, I think the problem with both is consistency. Overall, I don't think either has had a poor season but both will surely be looking to improve next year. I thought Morris was alright second half Saturday.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It's all about opinons, I think the O/P is very unfair, at half time you could not judge our team on quailty as their was not much on show from anyone..however on effort alone Morris was our best player.

As for the season Morris keeps getting slated for not doing the job of a winger, when will some of our fan's wake up and smell the roses here, Morris is not a winger. never has been, never will be.

He has passing ability , and his game would be far more suited to a central role, as he does not have pace.

As for Stevens, he has been so god damn poor, he only went and scored 10 goals from the left hand side, some really important one's aswell, what a let down to us he is.
Formerly known as forevertufc
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

As stated it's my opinion.
I was not only judging Morris on yesterday when yet again I thought his distribution was poor but on every home game plus the odd away game in which I have seen him this season.
If his passing was so good then surely our excellent manager would have recognised this and used this strength?
Stevens has not had a poor season, only the majority of the last 13 games since suffering his injury.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

There are a lot of deeply defensive new people on here. That must be the hundredth time this week I've seen someone sign up, post something, receive a mildly dissenting reply, then run about, waiving their arms and screaming IT'S JUST MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!
This seems to be designed entirely to do naughty things to my irony meter. Is it school holidays?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

1. Stevens - at this level, you gotta give him a run out most of the time. But, if he's carrying an injury, maybe save his legs somewhat in the play-offs.

2. Atieno - from what I've read, not seen, fresh and very willing and keen to keep his international hopes alive.

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This is it, a forum is for expressing opinons, however if you do, you must realise that not all will agree with you, I don't and my reply was not abusive, and I tried must my upmost to be polite.

As for our manager, our squad is small, our budget tiny, therefore some players have to be flexible, you would not take O'Kane or mansell out on central midfield, the other thing to realise is Morris often is on the right and is left footed, doesn't allways work out.

We as fan's should not dismiss Morris as a player, yep he may have lost his way during his career, however if Lingy can coach him back to the player in the linked video's, what a player we could have on our hands.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known as forevertufc
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Morris tries hard, is good in the air, and put in a decent cross or two on Saturday, but I'm not really sure what his role in the team is. He doesn't pose much attacking threat and I've never seen him run at a defender, but he doesn't really play a holding role either. I also thought some of his passing on Saturday wasn't what was required at the time - often a flick or a lofted ball that then needed controlling when a simple ball along the ground would've kept possession and kept an attack flowing. I think this was down to trying too hard rather than lack of ability, but given the impact Jarvis in particular had on Saturday I'd be up for giving him a start over Morris.

For me the jury's still out on Tai. He nicks the odd goal and harries well, but I've yet to see a great deal of quality from him. Danny is inconsistent, but on his day can be great, so I'd keep him in.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ferrarilover wrote:There are a lot of deeply defensive new people on here. That must be the hundredth time this week I've seen someone sign up, post something, receive a mildly dissenting reply, then run about, waiving their arms and screaming IT'S JUST MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!
This seems to be designed entirely to do naughty things to my irony meter. Is it school holidays?

Matt.

:lol:

Hey Matt, you must remember me threatening you with legal action when i first started posting mate?! That was a laugh. :rofl:

You put me right anyway and now we are on equally amicable terms as fellow Gulls. I was being a knob and posting defensive negative stuff though, i guess it's a way of new members putting feelers out to see what sort of folk peruse the forum and i fell into that trap. Now i'm only negative about Danny Stevens (still) and the state of toilet facilities at clubs in our league. :Z
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Andy, did you go toilet at Hereford? It was like I'd walked back in time.. terrible.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

NickGull wrote:Andy, did you go toilet at Hereford? It was like I'd walked back in time.. terrible.
Or walked into Southampton...

(Awaits painful retort from a certain admin member)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...