England 2018- Will we get it?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

FIFA ARE A BUNCH OF GAYLORDS
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

doogull wrote:FIFA ARE A BUNCH OF GAYLORDS
If that's true then god help them in 2022 :O
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

HardofHerringGull wrote:Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! And here was me believing a God didn t exist! I looked at the back page of the Mail today and read the excruciating headline...BRING IT HOME Let s clinch the right to stage 2018...then build a team fit to WIN the World Cup like these heroes did in 1996! How dare they use the team of 1996 and the likes of Wayne Rooney in the same sentence!
Indeed, Gareth Southgate and Paul Ince must be spinning in their graves right about now :) :)

Still, quality rant.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

FIFA should be run as a charity, not a profit making organisation - because they're more concerned with who'll give them the most revenue for themselves than putting on a great tournament. Some of the people making the decision, especially people like Jack Warner, should never be allowed any power within football.

Giving the Qatar national team passage into the World Cup is a farce - they're 113th in the world (one below the Central African Republic). It's going to be a real spectacle watching them take on Brazil. That's before you get to the logic behind hosting a sports tournament in the middle of a desert in 50 degree heat.

They're building 10 new stadiums - 8 of which will be basically torn down straight away after the tournament. But when money's no object you always have a chance with FIFA. Still, homosexuality is illegal and there's no alcohol - so the fans will have a great time.

England would have held a great tournament that fans would have enjoyed, but at least now taxpayers won't have to pay for the stadiums, transport and hotels - to give FIFA a tax-free profit.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
BernardB
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BernardB »

Now that it's all over, surely our thoughts must turn to revenge. I suggest Torquay United announces that it will refuse to take part in the Champions or Europa leagues.
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

happytorq wrote: Indeed, Gareth Southgate and Paul Ince must be spinning in their graves right about now :) :)

Still, quality rant.

Thanks mate...what an idiot I am! :Oops:
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

BernardB wrote:Now that it's all over, surely our thoughts must turn to revenge. I suggest Torquay United announces that it will refuse to take part in the Champions or Europa leagues.
I second that motion, we'll show 'em!

On the subject of homosexuality how will goals be celebrated without the obligatory jumping on top of each other and hugging? Surely such displays will be frowned upon as bordering on man love.
Ridiculous.
:(
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

If FIFA really wanted to change the world using football, they should have give Qatar the women's world cup.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

How do we, the little people, get our game back from the crooks of the world ? :rofl:

I'll get myself up to the Model Village in St.Marychurch, crouch down, and listen to what the real little people have to say. :)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I'm Putin on a brave face.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »