Niall Thompson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Niall Thompson

Post by lucy6lucy »

According to twitter Nial has signed a pro-contract. Having seen the fa cup youth match against Man utd, he was quick and full of energy, he is certainly one for the forward, nice one Mr Ling
Lucy
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Didn't he sign this a few weeks back, along with Kirtys McKenzie? Correct me if I'm wrong..
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Watched him play at Willand Rovers and have to say both myself and my son were really impressed. Very lively and a handful. If I was to liken him to any player then I would say he is definitely a McGlashan - minus the diving and drama!¬
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

contracts offered to niall (two ls, please amend OP) and kirtys mackenzie back in march by looks of it, hopefully both have signed them, be mad not to!

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Youth ... 06,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29032012/ ... racts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

hes tweeted to eunan yesterday that hes getting his first pro wages on friday
still keeping the faith
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Bored on my lunch break so goggled the new pro's and came across this on Thompson. That boy is lightning!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Richinns wrote:Bored on my lunch break so goggled the new pro's and came across this on Thompson. That boy is lightning!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like a proper good little winger in the making!! About the right sort of time for them to be trying to break into the first team i'm guessing??

Great turn by the left winger at about 2 mins in to the vid as well!!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Wow, he does look like he could be a fantastic prospect. A bit more practice on the through balls and his crossing and he could become an incredibly dangerous player for us. He's certainly got the determination to win loose balls and win possession high up the pitch. Can't wait to see him in the first team!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

He does look quick. Youtube videos can be selective/deceptive when it comes to skills, shooting etc, but pace is pace. The right sided attacking slot is probably the easiest to break into, with Stevens or Jarvis being first choice there. The two extra subs should benefit him as well, and his pace off the bench could be a valuable asset.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

raw talent, got a theo walcott on our hands maybe
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gulliball wrote:He does look quick. Youtube videos can be selective/deceptive when it comes to skills, shooting etc, but pace is pace. The right sided attacking slot is probably the easiest to break into, with Stevens or Jarvis being first choice there. The two extra subs should benefit him as well, and his pace off the bench could be a valuable asset.
Very good point. This is what I have been crying for Ling to add - a raw pace option off the bench. It could just be he might not need to as we already have this. I will watch his progress with interest!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Spagull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Spagull »

I now realise why Ling has seemed even more determined to see the departure of Macklin, he looks a real talent. :keepie:
gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

Richinns wrote: Very good point. This is what I have been crying for Ling to add - a raw pace option off the bench. It could just be he might not need to as we already have this. I will watch his progress with interest!
Most likely Stevens will be on left and Bodin on the right both cutting in. Thats where both have done major damage. Bodin has a beast of a shot why do you want him getting to the byline for only Howe in the box...

Sure Martin will keep same system, and Stevens complimented that on the left
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You can see why he has been offered a contract by the club, looks very confident which is half the battle for a youth pro, fair few tricks in the locker aswell, interesting to see wether he can bring all of that into the full professional game.

This lad looks as if he could do some damge coming of the bench against a tired full back.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

yeah, very interesting. confidence on the ball is a big thing for a young player breaking into first team football, and he looks comfortable with either foot. cuts inside, goes outside, and looks to get the ball into the box quickly. hopefully he'll get a chance pre-season and see how he does. Good luck Niall.
Brady

I Wish I Was There