Leeds United pre season game at Plainmoor

General chat about anything else goes here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

ferrarilover wrote:

If he's joking (which he is) football fans ARE welcome everywhere.

Matt.

;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
lancasterwhites
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mark ellis

Post by lancasterwhites »

Southampton Gull wrote:

Not a chance.
One would say your not going to have much choice.
i expect torquay to only have one section of the ground with leeds fans taking over the rest.
seems my 2,000 was seriously under estimated. :scarf:
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

lancasterwhites wrote: One would say your not going to have much choice.
i expect torquay to only have one section of the ground with leeds fans taking over the rest.

I would expect you'll get the usual 1,000 allocation in the away end and maybe part of the pop. No chance you'll get 2,000 fans in, unless some decide to go in the home ends.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

lancasterwhites wrote: One would say your not going to have much choice.

Oh how novel. A Leeds fan talking rebellion. As said above, you'll get your allocation and we'll get the Popside and the Family Stand as well as the season ticket holders in the Grandstand. Some of your delightful fans will creep into the Home areas no doubt but your notion is just fanciful bluster. We might be little Torquay United to you but to us you're just another fan of a bigger club coming on here spouting b****cks.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Ha,Ha , Dave you just stole my thunder, was going to say , we may be a very small club, we do have fan's, yep proper footy fan's, some even go to England match's gosh.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Yep - the club are going to launch into an amazing PR drive by alienating Torquay fans so that some Leeds fans (let me guess sleeping giants....don't deserve to be where you are....Premiership in the next couple of years - we've heard it all before) can "take over" the ground.

We've had bigger and better clubs than you lot come down and none of them have yet managed to fill the stadium with more of their fans than us.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh goodie, is the Dirty Leeds fan here telling everyone how his horrible club are the biggest thing since sliced break? Has anyone mentioned Man Utd and their billion worldwide supporters yet? I do hope so...

****! You'll get the same allocation as all the other 'massive' clubs who come here. Leeds seem to suffer with Newcastle United disease, having a load of plastics and seeming to think this entitles them to behave how they like and win a load of trophies. Well, guess what, whoever you are, we don't care and nor do our board. You're here for 90 minutes, we're here 23 games a year, some for 50 years (others just look like they've been coming for 50 years). So, no, you won't be getting half the ground, what a load of cock and balls that suggestion is. Do you give Manchester United, or Chelsea, or Arsenal half the ground when they come to your hovel? No, you don't, and there is one very good reason for this: you pissed away literally millions of perfectly good pounds on Mark Viduka, (MARK VIDUKA, I ask you!) and managed to get yourselves into such a mess that a two division drop was your only option. Despite your continued spouting and posturing about being a properly good side, you still haven't managed to come anywhere near getting back where you started.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Isn't this just a pre-season friendly to give players a bit of match practise in amongst their intensive training regime for the forthcoming campaign? It seems to be being 'bigged up' (I know that's not a real word) as though it is a proper game like the FA Cup or something. Beat them 4-0 the last time we did play them in a proper game so don't know what all the fuss is about. I'll be in Italy anyway in the town I used to work in at the time of this momentous occasion in the history of Leeds United Football Club so for me it really will be a non event. I won't enquire what the score was when I get home because it will not interest me and by the end of next season unless somebody has mentioned it in passing I will never have any idea how we got on against Brian Clough's 'The Damned United' and frankly don't care. Let's just stick to what we are. A proper football club playing really good football against other proper football clubs. Let's also make sure they get the same number of tickets as the proper football clubs like Aldershot, Cheltenham Town, and York City. ;-)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Come on Stef, name the town.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

ferrarilover wrote:Come on Stef, name the town.

Matt.
Passignano sul Trasimeno, Umbria (during Summer), plus Sestriere, Piemonte in Winter
lancasterwhites
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Some of you need to chill out, its only a pre-season friendly and remember we will be giving your club some much needed funds with our support.
now you say you have had big clubs down in torquay in the past. who q.p.r.? burnley? bristol city?
i think you will find leeds united are on a completely different level when it comes to travelling support.
you will only have to see the flags on display to see that leeds fans will have travelled from all sides of the uk.

just to give you some idea the pre season thread on our fans forum as had over 17,000 hits.
look forward to seeing you soon say hello if you see our lancaster whites flag flying outside some pub.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

This is why people don't like you, even when you're trying to be level headed you come out with "you say you have had big clubs down in torquay in the past. who q.p.r.? burnley? bristol city?"
lancasterwhites
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

im the voice of reason you plantpot.
you know as well as i do that my post about those being big clubs was tounge in cheek.
please tell me who are these big clubs that have visited torquay recently?
thanks.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Birmingham City are the biggest club we've had in a few years.
lancasterwhites
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Parry wrote:Birmingham City are the biggest club we've had in a few years.
fair enough but even blues fans would admit they dont have support like leeds utd.

btw how many did they bring?

regards.