Leeds United pre season game at Plainmoor

General chat about anything else goes here.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

They sold out their allocation and the ground was full. Your allocation is greater as we have a new stand so you can't really compare the two. Although I'd admit Leeds have a bigger fan base than Birmingham. I was at Birmingham vs Leeds this season, Leeds took about 4000 on a tuesday night to St andrews so fair play to them.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

lancasterwhites wrote:Some of you need to chill out, its only a pre-season friendly and remember we will be giving your club some much needed funds with our support.
now you say you have had big clubs down in torquay in the past. who q.p.r.? burnley? bristol city?
i think you will find leeds united are on a completely different level when it comes to travelling support.
you will only have to see the flags on display to see that leeds fans will have travelled from all sides of the uk.

just to give you some idea the pre season thread on our fans forum as had over 17,000 hits.
look forward to seeing you soon say hello if you see our lancaster whites flag flying outside some pub.

You need to stop giving it the Billy Big Bollocks. You'll find a lot of fans of other clubs on here who will tell you we're as real as it gets and very accommodating when treated with respect, a lot of them are regular contributors still . So far you've come across like a total tosser.

So you're Leeds United, big deal. If that kind of thing impressed us we'd hardly support a team like Torquay United would we? Coming on here telling us you're going to take over our ground and have more fans present than us is likely to be met with a little bit of hostility don't you think?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Ok, Lancaster, you're a Leeds United fan, so that shows you up immediately as a retard, so I'm going to make this nice and simple for you to understand.

No one here gives a toss about you or your club, how many supporters you have, how 'amazing' that support is or that you think you're a 'bigger' club than Birmingham City. We are Torquay United fans, we dislike Exeter and Plymouth and some of us have a mild disdain for Bristol Rovers and Northampton Town. If you want to go shouting about how many supporters you have, I suggest that Manchester United, with their 78,000 all seater stadium would have something to say about the Elland Road Massive. If you want to talk about being amazing supporters, then I suggest you're in the right place. It's easy following Leeds about, right in the middle of the country, easy links to everywhere, loads of coaches organised by the club etc. Try being a Torquay fan on a freezing Tuesday night in January when you have to take two days off work just to get to Burton Albion away, which in itself is a 5 hour trip. If you want to talk about history, then visit Real Madrid. If you want to talk about hard, then visit West Ham, or Millwall. If you want to talk about present success, then take a wander over to European Champions Chelsea. If you want a chat about the standard of your football, Barcelona is your destination. If you want to talk about rivalry, Argentina is your boy, for River Plate and Boca Juniors. Face it, you're not the best at anything, you mean sod all to us, and we really aren't going to be impressed by anything you can bring to the table, because at every turn, we can each readily think of at least one other club that does it better.

See you on <insert friendly date here>, with your 999 friends and no more. Please do try to buck the trend and not behave like a complete bellend, which seems always to be a side effect of wearing or indeed merely possessing a Leeds United shirt.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
KBEES
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ryan Jarvis

Post by KBEES »

All
As a Leeds fan, I will be going with my foot soldiers (kids). Looking forward to a ground I haven't visted and hopefully a good weekend on the South Coast, we'll wear our jester hats, eat our fish n chips with scraps and build windmills in the sand.

Not all lists fans give it the big clenchecd fists fistinG away giving it the we're Leeds we're great, but like most clubs we have our loud mooths.

We usually find them in the JC WC'S.
FKTS
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

KBEES wrote:All
As a Leeds fan, I will be going with my foot soldiers (kids). Looking forward to a ground I haven't visted and hopefully a good weekend on the South Coast, we'll wear our jester hats, eat our fish n chips with scraps and build windmills in the sand.

Not all lists fans give it the big clenchecd fists fistinG away giving it the we're Leeds we're great, but like most clubs we have our loud mooths.

You're bloody advanced, how the hell do you do the blades? Not bad for a bloke who HAS NEVER SEEN A BEACH :~D

Matt.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

KBEES wrote:All

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you and your children enjoy your time in the south-west and I'm sure you'll find us warm and friendly hosts.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

you'll need to ask for scribblings with yr chips, scraps won't mean a thing!
still keeping the faith
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

bixieupnorth wrote:you'll need to ask for scribblings with yr chips, scraps won't mean a thing!
I asked for these at a Torquay chippie a year or two ago and was told they're not allowed to give them any more. Something to do with the local authority stamping down regarding food standards or hygiene or elf'n safety. Nanny state!

Now I make my own batter (easy), drop it into a pan of oil and deep-fry it slowly. Then I put the scribblings into sandwiches with butter and ketchup. And plenty of salt, of course. Delicious!
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

well .. this is friendly isnt it? haha i'm travelling down with my mates from Leeds on the 27th (my birthday :)) we're bringing a mini bus down and i'm gonna be the only non Leeds fan on there, theyre all close friends of mine and have supported Leeds all of their lives, they will be no trouble, unless really provoked but most of them are really just looking to give me stick if they beat us! i wont hear the end of it! however if we beat them then it looks like i'm walking back up the M1 :lol: i'll introduce my mates to the guys on here i know, we'll all get along fine :)
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Northern Grockle
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Northern Grockle »

lancasterwhites wrote:say hello if you see our lancaster whites flag flying outside some pub.
I saw some lads from Slovakia with a lancaster whites flag. Think the Kosice whites are using it now. :engflag:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Don't think there will be any problems. Yes, Leeds are a big club and probably are the biggest we've had here in a few years in terms of support (definitely the 9 years I've been watching anyway), but we won't treat it any differently to any other PSF. You'll get the away end and a block (or two) of the new stand. 1250 or so. C'est tout.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

This is a friendly game, what's with all this "we're bigger and better than you" tone? Save it for the season where it matters. We know you're a huge club compared to us, that's why were playing you in a friendly so we can be ready for the season ahead.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

The leader has spoken.

Thank you, Your Majesty.

Matt.
lancasterwhites
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mark ellis

Post by lancasterwhites »

ferrarilover wrote:Ok, Lancaster, you're a Leeds United fan, so that shows you up immediately as a retard, so I'm going to make this nice and simple for you to understand.

No one here gives a toss about you or your club, how many supporters you have, how 'amazing' that support is or that you think you're a 'bigger' club than Birmingham City. We are Torquay United fans, we dislike Exeter and Plymouth and some of us have a mild disdain for Bristol Rovers and Northampton Town. If you want to go shouting about how many supporters you have, I suggest that Manchester United, with their 78,000 all seater stadium would have something to say about the Elland Road Massive. If you want to talk about being amazing supporters, then I suggest you're in the right place. It's easy following Leeds about, right in the middle of the country, easy links to everywhere, loads of coaches organised by the club etc. Try being a Torquay fan on a freezing Tuesday night in January when you have to take two days off work just to get to Burton Albion away, which in itself is a 5 hour trip. If you want to talk about history, then visit Real Madrid. If you want to talk about hard, then visit West Ham, or Millwall. If you want to talk about present success, then take a wander over to European Champions Chelsea. If you want a chat about the standard of your football, Barcelona is your destination. If you want to talk about rivalry, Argentina is your boy, for River Plate and Boca Juniors. Face it, you're not the best at anything, you mean sod all to us, and we really aren't going to be impressed by anything you can bring to the table, because at every turn, we can each readily think of at least one other club that does it better.

See you on <insert friendly date here>, with your 999 friends and no more. Please do try to buck the trend and not behave like a complete bellend, which seems always to be a side effect of wearing or indeed merely possessing a Leeds United shirt.

Matt.

ill try and answer you as honest as i can mathew.

scum (man utd) fans want leeds back in the prem as they see us as major rivals along with city and liverpool.

real madrid........don revie changed our kit to all white because he wanted us to be the real madrid of england.

hard........west ham and millwall you avin a larfffff . lufc have kicked their arses more than once in their own backyards, and ive been their to witness it.

standard of football.....barcelona remind me of the best english club side leeds united in the 70s.

as for meaning owt to little torquay united ffs morecambes more your standard.

i came on this site to have a bit of banter but i cant believe how far you lot are up your own @rses.
i pray that the majority of your fans are not like that in real life as we are really looking forward to a fantastic weekend in torquay having a beer a laugh and a bit of football thrown in.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Lancasterwhites, you will find that us Torquay fan's are not stuck up our own behind's and like a laugh and a beer just as much as any other football fan, we love our banter aswell, however you posted this..

One would say your not going to have much choice.
i expect torquay to only have one section of the ground with leeds fans taking over the rest.

You may have meant that as banter, did you think suggesting that mighty Leeds were going to stroll into town and take our ground of us, would go down that well our as banter with us, we have even had fellow league 2 fan's come on here and tell us how much bigger their club is that our's, we are sick and tired of it.

Then suggesting that Southampton gull who is very well respected and well known to many members of this site personaly ,as an oranist , is not going to win you to many friends either.

As pointed out by many, myself included we are real proper football fan's, very few wear blue rinse or come to football on their zimmerframes, we have had preimership / Campionship clubs in pre-season and friendlies, and the F.A cup before, however I admit this will probably be the most high profile in terms of supporter interest.

You will find a warm welcome by us, we are friendly fan's, jsut don't take or try to take advantage of us, if you pre-match banter, then fine, just think about what you post, telling us big and great you are wont wash.
Formerly known as forevertufc