Alarm Bells - Eunan to Crawley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Martin Ling's comments today certainly seem to suggest that his departure is imminent....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18422671
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Now that its been confirmed its a contractual release clause inserted at EOK / agents request is there anyone still on here whinging about how poor negotiators we are?

Take the cash, move on.
TUST #324
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

numpte wrote:Now that its been confirmed its a contractual release clause inserted at EOK / agents request is there anyone still on here whinging about how poor negotiators we are?

Take the cash, move on.
What? Just because the agent / EOK requested it does not mean we insert it at the valuation that it is quoted as being.

That is what people (myself included) have beef with. We seem to be very weak negotiators and seem to get very little value for our assets as a result. No moving on from this point, it needs to be addressed and quickly.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

What's with Driscoll saying he did OK at UNFASHIONABLE Torquay, (BBC text News in Brief)?? Your bloody club so fashionable you get more fans than us? No!!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by chippygull »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18412454" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

O'Driscoll said: "We've put in an offer for Eunan but he's away on holiday. I think he's back next Monday and he's due to come down.
"He's bright and did really well last year in an unfashionable :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ Torquay side."
He added: "Under Martin Ling, they [Torquay] did fantastically last season.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper

Post by divingbboy »

chippygull wrote:What's with Driscoll saying he did OK at UNFASHIONABLE Torquay, (BBC text News in Brief)?? Your bloody club so fashionable you get more fans than us? No!!
I read that and had a bit of a WTF? moment. Strange comment.
TUST member 203
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

numpte wrote:Now that its been confirmed its a contractual release clause inserted at EOK / agents request is there anyone still on here whinging about how poor negotiators we are?

Take the cash, move on.

The same "contractual release clause" that never existed?

It takes two parties to sign a contract, the club were one of them so quite how you can refute the notion that we as a club did a poor negotiating job is beyond me.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It is somewhat sickening when Crewe could get as much as £6million for Powell that we seem unable to look after ourselves as a club regarding our brightest assets.

What is mote sickening is that we could lose our best player to a club like Crawley. That club is a house of cards. They will eventually go the way of Rushden. They don't have the history or support to sustain a club at that level and eventually their investors - whoever they are - will realise this and disappear, leaving a phoenix club in its wake. I hope whoever is pushing O'Kane to sign for such a club bears this in mind.

If he does go there, then it can only be for the money. There is nothing else about that club that could be considered a step up. If I was him, I'd be embarrassed if my big move was to Crawley Town. Had it been Swindon or someone like Preston it would be more credible.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Two questions. Firstly, is there any chance of a bidding war? i.e. If someone bids higher, can we then reject the lower bid, even though it has triggered the release clause, or would all bids that trigger the clause have to be accepted?

Secondly, where has the 175k figure thats being quoted cone from? Is this speculation on this forum or has it come from an official capacity, or the press?
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

chippygull wrote:What's with Driscoll saying he did OK at UNFASHIONABLE Torquay, (BBC text News in Brief)?? Your bloody club so fashionable you get more fans than us? No!!
Err, yes.

Ave attendances last season:

Crawley 3,211
Torquay 2,869

FAIL.
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

hector wrote:If he does go there, then it can only be for the money. There is nothing else about that club that could be considered a step up.
Err, apart from the division we play in?

FAIL.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Be interested to find out the number of home fans for both clubs (not interested enough to look it up mind). Considering Crawleys location I'd imagine they have a higher number of away fans going to matches than we get coming to Plainmoor.
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

What makes me laugh about you lot is your criticism of our 'temporary' stand (there's a clue in the title there). You seem to conveniently forget it's IN ADDITION to an existing stand that's only 600 seats short of your new one.

MULTIPLE FAIL BY IDIOTS LOOKING FOR A CHEAP SHOT.

Be honest, do any of you think you'll ever get the better of Crawley? Seems that for every big decision or event you always end up licking your wounds against us. Why is that? It must really grate. The ultimate sickener for you is that if O'Kane does sign, it'll be with money earned from a direct link back to our Man United game. Thanks for that. x
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

SLC Crawley wrote: Err, yes.

Ave attendances last season:

Crawley 3,211
Torquay 2,869

FAIL.
Difficult though, as said. That is basically our average home fans, minus 200 or so. Yours is inflated by teams bringing more fans. We took 550 to you, you brought 1/5 of that so it's nonsense to gauge it like that. :)
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Not including the fact we had three stands for all of last season (of which does come into it as plenty didnt want to go in the Pop/Family Stand) and the fact it was Crawleys first season in the FL and they were near the top ALL season which kind of makes just over 3,000 embarrasing and shows how small they are. If we were in there position all season with four stands we would get 3,500 most weeks IMO.