Alarm Bells - Eunan to Crawley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Southampton Gull wrote:
You just can't leave Matt alone can you?
I said ballsack not vag
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

gullinwotplaces - as i said some people need to get their head out of their arses. If O'Kane was at any other League 2 club, they would get a damned site more than 175k for him - that figure is a joke. We have been seen right off as usual.
Who are the "outstanding players" that are at the club - probably the three players who are not going to be here next season.
Ling worked wonders thats for sure last season but that is nothing to the **** big fat rabbit he is going to have to pull out of his hat this time around if Ellis,O'Kane and Bobby vanish into thin air.
As for the directors - well I would say that that the success we had in the League over the past two seasons was actually down to Buckle and LIng and had actually nothing to do with them at all. In fact its debatable whether they actually wanted promotion.
League 2 is going to be alot harder next year thats for sure. Lings got a massive job in hands trying to replace our best players.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

brucie wrote:gullinwotplaces - as i said some people need to get their head out of their arses. If O'Kane was at any other League 2 club, they would get a damned site more than 175k for him - that figure is a joke. We have been seen right off as usual.
Who are the "outstanding players" that are at the club - probably the three players who are not going to be here next season.
Ling worked wonders thats for sure last season but that is nothing to the f**k big fat rabbit he is going to have to pull out of his hat this time around if Ellis,O'Kane and Bobby vanish into thin air.
As for the directors - well I would say that that the success we had in the League over the past two seasons was actually down to Buckle and LIng and had actually nothing to do with them at all. In fact its debatable whether they actually wanted promotion.
League 2 is going to be alot harder next year thats for sure. Lings got a massive job in hands trying to replace our best players.
remind me to never call you when i am depressed.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

If were going to get 175k for him, then thats what we get. Not a lot we can do now, yes i dont agree with it like everyone else. I know were missing out on more and its who evers fault. End of the day thats the fee we will get, all im more worried about is how much of that fee Ling will get to reinvest into the side.

We could get a few good players in with that sort of money. People will laugh but we could have a fairly well balenced squad with that sort of money. We can bring in say 3 players that can offer us something, end of the day its a team game not 1 person. Who says he going yet anyway?

I dont get why its all doom and gloom over a fee, yes its low but it would surpise you how far that money could stretch if you look in the right place.
Last edited by tufcbrett on 17 Jun 2012, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I heard brucie works for Childline...

"Child caller: My dad has been punching me and hitting me, I don't know what to do."
"brucie: Well your dad is bigger than you and you're just a pathetic little runt. Nobody is there to help you so you might as well go and kill yourself before he kills you"
"Child caller: You're a Torquay fan aren't you?"
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

brucie does makes Victor Meldrew look like he just got a free season ticket at the bunny ranch.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

brucie wrote:Who are the "outstanding players" that are at the club - probably the three players who are not going to be here next season.
Nicholson, Mansell, Saah are outstanding at this level. Oastler, Howe, Lathrope are all better than the majority of League 2 players. Nathan Craig will, I feel, be a major find. Of course Bobby Olejnik has to be replaced if he leaves, but I have faith that Ling will find a good replacement. Of course O'Kane would have to be replaced if he decides to go downmarket to an unfashionable club like Crawley, and that would be difficult, but Ling will replace him if he has to with a decent signing. Ling has stated that other signings will follow. Your pessimism is breathtaking, but then it always is. Didn't you say that Bristol Rovers would get "double figures" against us early last season (you did, but that thread got lost)? Don't you ALWAYS say that we will "struggle"? What a dark, dark world you live in.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Brett - ok then lets just accept that we will get a low transfer fee for O'kane. In fact lets just accept that we will get low fees for any of players (because that is always what seems to happen).

O'Kane isn't going downmarket if he signs for Crawley - they are in a higher league than us and he will be getting more money. I have not seen Nathan Craig play but as he hasn't even made the subs bench yet I would think that "a major find" is probably debatable.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

brucie wrote:Brett - ok then lets just accept that we will get a low transfer fee for O'kane. In fact lets just accept that we will get low fees for any of players (because that is always what seems to happen).

O'Kane isn't going downmarket if he signs for Crawley - they are in a higher league than us and he will be getting more money. I have not seen Nathan Craig play but as he hasn't even made the subs bench yet I would think that "a major find" is probably debatable.
Yes you will have to accept the fact were getting a low fee for him as thats what we are getting if he does go. Im not happy were only getting the much but theres nothing anyone can do now. We need to hope the board or who ever will learn from it.

If he goes then so be it, hes not the only player in our squad. Personaly i think with the money we will get we can get a better squad for it and be better off. Thats ont thing we lacked last season, if our key players were struggling then noone else seemed to step up. I would rather 3 or 4 decent player than 1 amazing one at our level.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

So how much do we think Euan is worth?

I see a lot of honking on here about how he's worth more than 175K but no one seems to put an actual valuation on him.
TUST No 278
slay1373
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by slay1373 »

I will play devils advocate on this. There is no doubting the talent of O'Kane, and some of his touch, control and vision are a joy to watch.

The clause is one of those things, inserted by his agent and himself, that we have to live with, its no fault of the club or their valuation. It was requested by O'Kane when he signed the extension.

He is a class player when on form, and as Lingy says, when he's on form so is the team. There is no doubting that the tail end of the season his form dropped. And at times it was frustrating watching him when nothing he did worked for him.

So my point, 175,000 could actually allow Lingy to find 2-3 players that will give us better balance and allow a change back to 4-4-2 as opposed to playing 4-5-1 to accommodate one player. It is this rigid formation that i believe has stopped us in some games getting the goals to win.

Just my thoughts, but 4-4-2 would allow better use of Howe's hold up play with a goal poacher playing off him.

He will be a big loss, but i actually think one man certainly doesn't make the team and i am more worried about the potential loss of Bobby than Eunan.